• 93(current)
Information PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion
I would like to request BBC iPlayer www add-on to work with pseudotv, it's available in the official Kodi repo.
I noticed a few days ago BBC iPlayer have added a brand new channel which plays Louis Theroux 24/7, is there a way to get this to work with pseudotv? Tbf I cant find this channel in the addon but it's on the official iPlayer app and website.

Also not sure if possible but I'd also like to request 'Catch-up and more' addon, it supports Channel 4 Content and a lot more catch up TV and live TV - the selection for United Kingdom are all services that are free in the UK so it doesn't support pirated content. Would be amazing to get this up and running if possible

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=307107
I know channel bumpers and commercials aren't available yet but is there a way to backbone these into the schedule itself? I think it could really improve the experience
I can't seem to add anything other than local media. When I try to add anything from a plugin I get an "In-Valid Path" error, but for some Youtube channels and playlists I get a "Mapping for path [URL] not found" error.
Had you had any luck trying to add local file folder to playlists? I do it by tv shows though. It goes by random so it could play commercials randomly in the playlist just not one after another and commercials could be split up to be short.

I have to mess around a bit more but I tried to put one playlist into another and it played the other playlist show right after every show on the main so I could try changing that to commercials maybe. I did it with that show cause it was a type that I wanted to schedule the episodes in order since randomly isn't as good.

That is another feature I'd love added eventually. Specific shows to play in order and when played to play 2 episodes at a time on the playlist.
Local folders work fine, it's plugins I'm having trouble with. Youtube, Twitch etc.
(2023-10-20, 19:11)audacenoire Wrote: I can't seem to add anything other than local media. When I try to add anything from a plugin I get an "In-Valid Path" error, but for some Youtube channels and playlists I get a "Mapping for path [url= not found" error.] not found" erro[/url]
Is your API KEY set up correctly in the YouTube AddOn?  Also if you are having problems with all add ons, check the windows firewall and make sure its letting things through.
(2023-10-21, 03:54)audacenoire Wrote: Local folders work fine, it's plugins I'm having trouble with. Youtube, Twitch etc.

Last I checked... The Youtube plugin worked within PseudoTV Live, as did the YouTube alternative invidious. In the channel manager select, video sources, video addons then navigate the YouTube plugin for the path you are looking to create a channel from.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2023-10-20, 19:11)audacenoire Wrote: I can't seem to add anything other than local media. When I try to add anything from a plugin I get an "In-Valid Path" error, but for some Youtube channels and playlists I get a "Mapping for path [url] not found" error.[/url]

"In-Valid Path" usually means no content was found in the path. If you believe this is in error, please submit a debugging log. THX
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=347359

So in 0.9x it had bumpers, commercials, trailers, etc available? Was this removed in later versions or does it still work? If removed is there a way to turn it back on since I see options in the settings just says its coming later. @Lunatixz
After a clean install, I've determined that PTVL only indexes playlists on Youtube channels and not the channels themselves unless I select Upload. Unclear if this is program error or user error.
V.0.9.x was my older PseudoTV Live project which was a fork of the original PseudoTV.

The current PseudoTV live is completely new project that only resembles the older in that it creates linear channels via your configuration. Methods are completely different and uses Kodis PVR.
(2023-10-22, 19:50)Lunatixz Wrote: V.0.9.x was my older PseudoTV Live project which was a fork of the original PseudoTV.

The current PseudoTV live is completely new project that only resembles the older in that it creates linear channels via your configuration. Methods are completely different and uses Kodis PVR.

Oh okay didn't know. Looking forward to bumpers, commercials fillers whenever they arrive. Thanks for the response.
Do you know if there's a limit to how small videos can be? I added bumpers path in the channel manager so they can play randomly and they're about 4-7 seconds long but I don't see them in the guide or xmltv. Idk if it hides them or if I didn't play enough content to see them yet.

Also for some reason the guide list never gets more than maybe 6-12 hours long then when it reaches past that it stays greyed out. One of the channel's I made in the manager where I added a playlist path and a video file path for commercials and bumpers, it then started randomly playing any content in my library at times.

It also says there's 3 channels made when only 2 are made in the channel manager then only displays 2 channels. It appears the shows from the library not in the playlist I directed it to plays in order like Auto Tune channels do. I can send debug logs
Well actually It's now saying no content found, no duration found then doesn't build the channels.
Hi Xoxez,

I can give you some info, for the fillers bumpers and commercials, I think they are still a work in progress and do not work at this stage, but you would have to hear from lunatixz to know for sure. I too am looking forward to playing about with this.
For the Guide list only going to 6-12 hours, Try increasing the Pagination Size (Configuration-Globals-Parsing) I have mine set to 125 which loads the EPG alot further, however this also increases the load time of the epg.
If the Channel Manager can't find any content and the Channel is empty, It will leave that channel out. thus only 2 of 3. Sometimes it can be a simple mistake in your playlist that can muck everything up and you end up with nothing. I had a playlist once that was set to load all tv shows with a genre match of Australia. The playlist looked fine, but it just would not load anything no matter what I did, I eventually, deleted the playlist and then made it again and it worked fine, don't know what I did, but sometimes things glitch. 
I would hope in the future there may be a switch or option or something in the playlist creator to add commercials bumpers and trailers somehow. I believe from what I have read that the old method was to create a playlist, of just trailers/commercials/bumpers, tell PTVL to ignore this channel when creating the EPG and then interleave that channel with another somehow. I guess this has to do with making playlists and this is a Kodi thing, not PTVL so i don't know how this will work. I guess time will tell.

Hope something there helps.

OzDrDj
  • 93(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion4