• 747(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
(2024-01-06, 09:38)nordicguy Wrote: thank you so much. I really appreciate your hard work and creativity. I have done forking before but for my job programming and the way we do it is that after forking, editing and testing we merge the new changes. how would that work for your skin code? do I fork and keep my version and fork your version every time you make changes? or my changes are going to be merged after some point?

the reason I ask is that I am excited to add my edits to your repo, but at the same time I am not sure if they are stable. there are not errors or problem in my kodi due to these changes, but I haven't done any proper testing if you know what I mean. my testing is simply: 1- changes are appearing in the skin, 2- no errors in log, 3- kodi is applying these changes the way I expect Big Grin

also my edits need some tweaking that I wasn't good able to do due to me not finding how or where I can make these small adjustments that will make the changes great instead of just good enough.

does that make sense Big Grin

in any case, this sounds interesting so I will try to fork the repo and add my edits and hopefully since this is open source, you or someone else can look into my code and make it awesome.

in case you wonder, my edits are basically to support animated posters for movies and tv shows, support character poster for movies and tv shows, and support directors' thumbnails. I edited the code to add buttons in Silvo extra menu to toggle these on/off.

the adjustment that I couldn't figure out is how to make more views available in the director's thumbnail view. right now it is only icon view and it would work better with poster-like view dimension wise.

regards,
nordicguy

Not for a PR or merging in the skin. Just for keeping your changes.

You fork skin, create a new branch from whatever base you want to build on i.e. nexus/master (omega), name it nexus_nordic or whatever, commit your changes, then after any new updates from my side you just rebase skin on top of upstream branch with all the new changes.

I have used GitHub Desktop since SmartGit went paid, and I think it is easier than CLI.

(2024-01-06, 14:48)mariofenech Wrote: On all latest Aeon Nox Silvo..9.1.1,9.1.2
when I go to addon browser and install from repo in list view I can only see the icons of the repos no title and description..
anyone else?

(2024-01-06, 15:28)mariofenech Wrote: On all latest Aeon Nox Silvo..9.1.1,9.1.2
when I go to addon browser and install from repo in list view I can only see the icons of the repos no title and description..
anyone else?

Ok so it looks like there is something wrong with View_50_List.xml as replaced this with an old backup and works fine.

Fixed on Git. Will have to open PR to Kodi repo for this one Eek
(2024-01-06, 19:09)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2024-01-06, 09:38)nordicguy Wrote: thank you so much. I really appreciate your hard work and creativity. I have done forking before but for my job programming and the way we do it is that after forking, editing and testing we merge the new changes. how would that work for your skin code? do I fork and keep my version and fork your version every time you make changes? or my changes are going to be merged after some point?

the reason I ask is that I am excited to add my edits to your repo, but at the same time I am not sure if they are stable. there are not errors or problem in my kodi due to these changes, but I haven't done any proper testing if you know what I mean. my testing is simply: 1- changes are appearing in the skin, 2- no errors in log, 3- kodi is applying these changes the way I expect Big Grin

also my edits need some tweaking that I wasn't good able to do due to me not finding how or where I can make these small adjustments that will make the changes great instead of just good enough.

does that make sense Big Grin

in any case, this sounds interesting so I will try to fork the repo and add my edits and hopefully since this is open source, you or someone else can look into my code and make it awesome.

in case you wonder, my edits are basically to support animated posters for movies and tv shows, support character poster for movies and tv shows, and support directors' thumbnails. I edited the code to add buttons in Silvo extra menu to toggle these on/off.

the adjustment that I couldn't figure out is how to make more views available in the director's thumbnail view. right now it is only icon view and it would work better with poster-like view dimension wise.

regards,
nordicguy

Not for a PR or merging in the skin. Just for keeping your changes.

You fork skin, create a new branch from whatever base you want to build on i.e. nexus/master (omega), name it nexus_nordic or whatever, commit your changes, then after any new updates from my side you just rebase skin on top of upstream branch with all the new changes.

I have used GitHub Desktop since SmartGit went paid, and I think it is easier than CLI.
(2024-01-06, 14:48)mariofenech Wrote: On all latest Aeon Nox Silvo..9.1.1,9.1.2
anyone else?

(2024-01-06, 15:28)mariofenech Wrote: On all latest Aeon Nox Silvo..9.1.1,9.1.2
anyone else?

Ok so it looks like there is something wrong with View_50_List.xml as replaced this with an old backup and works fine.

Fixed on Git. Will have to open PR to Kodi repo for this one Eek
Thanks..that brought back the title in list view but description under title is still not showing..
(2024-01-06, 19:50)mariofenech Wrote: Thanks..that brought back the title in list view but description under title is still not showing..

Yep, did it too fast. Had the logic backward.
Try the latest, please.
(2024-01-06, 20:03)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2024-01-06, 19:50)mariofenech Wrote: Thanks..that brought back the title in list view but description under title is still not showing..

Yep, did it too fast. Had the logic backward.
Try the latest, please.
That did it..thanks again for your quick support..
Thumbs Up 
hi, first post here from me Smile
best skin ever, loving it!

iam using latest Omega Builds and see this new  PR Videoversions
it is possible to build this in your skin too?
(2024-01-07, 00:05)BigMike71 Wrote: hi, first post here from me Smile
best skin ever, loving it!

iam using latest Omega Builds and see this new  PR Videoversions
it is possible to build this in your skin too?

It is already in the skin. The skin for Omega in the Kodi repo is for Beta 2. Since you are on the nightlies you should use the GitHub version. I have a pending PR to Kodi repo when Beta 3, RC 1, or whatever comes next is released.
Hi Mike i think it is missing video codec icon for av1.
(2024-01-06, 09:38)nordicguy Wrote: in case you wonder, my edits are basically to support animated posters for movies and tv shows, support character poster for movies and tv shows, and support directors' thumbnails. I edited the code to add buttons in Silvo extra menu to toggle these on/off.

Very interested in auto applying animatedposter.gifs.  I have always wished for a button (prefer animatedposter.gif when present) 
I have about 1000 moviename.gifs.  Applying them one by one is a nightmare.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2024-01-08, 02:09)manolischania Wrote: Hi Mike i think it is missing video codec icon for av1.

Just added one on Git.
(2024-01-08, 04:15)brazen1 Wrote:
(2024-01-06, 09:38)nordicguy Wrote:  

Very interested in auto applying animatedposter.gifs.  I have always wished for a button (prefer animatedposter.gif when present) 
interesting. I actually didn't know that this skin support animated posters by applying them manually one by one.
by going through the code, I understood that animated posters aren't supported and therefore I made my edits. well it is good to know then Smile

with my edit, the skin shows animated posters that are in the movie folder when you enable using the animated poster with the radio button that I added to the skin

the good thing is that it even works if the animated poster was added later and I think this is something either from kodi or form that skin but it is smart that it can detect when more artwork was added later on after scrapping the movie.

long reply Big Grin but I am totally liking this skin and I think it is very smart and tidy code
Hi,

I have a problem with hdr flags in the skin (v.9.1.2)
I'm using emby next gen to sync my movies with Kodi and I'm using the following syntax within the filename: somemovie.hdr10.atmos.mkv
However, dolby atmos flag is shown correctly but no hdr10 flag. Instead I only get sdr. When playing the movie and displaying the info screen I get the hdr10 flag shown just fine...
I already searched the forum but couldn't fine a solution here. What am I missing?

Is it also possible to get a hdr10plus flag even when Kodi just plays hdr10?
  • unRAID server
  • EmbyServer docker container
  • LibreELEC virtual machine
  • Kodi (Aeon Nox SiLVO)
Hello I use CoreELEC 21.0-Omega_beta2 and since a few versions of the Silvo skin (from Github) the 4k flag is only displayed when I set the studio icons to black and white. Maybe someone has a solution for this problem?
Hi Mike
I don’t know whether it’s intentional, but I notice that the Media folder in 9.1.2 is now empty apart from textures.xbt.
(2024-01-08, 04:15)brazen1 Wrote: Very interested in auto applying animatedposter.gifs.  I have always wished for a button (prefer animatedposter.gif when present) 

(2024-01-08, 19:12)nordicguy Wrote: interesting. I actually didn't know that this skin support animated posters by applying them manually one by one.
by going through the code, I understood that animated posters aren't supported and therefore I made my edits. well it is good to know then Smile

with my edit, the skin shows animated posters that are in the movie folder when you enable using the animated poster with the radio button that I added to the skin

the good thing is that it even works if the animated poster was added later and I think this is something either from kodi or form that skin but it is smart that it can detect when more artwork was added later on after scrapping the movie.

long reply Big Grin but I am totally liking this skin and I think it is very smart and tidy code

Are you guys having the same conversation from like 9 months ago Laugh

(2024-01-08, 19:22)Maaarv Wrote: Hi,

I have a problem with hdr flags in the skin (v.9.1.2)
I'm using emby next gen to sync my movies with Kodi and I'm using the following syntax within the filename: somemovie.hdr10.atmos.mkv
However, dolby atmos flag is shown correctly but no hdr10 flag. Instead I only get sdr. When playing the movie and displaying the info screen I get the hdr10 flag shown just fine...
I already searched the forum but couldn't fine a solution here. What am I missing?

Is it also possible to get a hdr10plus flag even when Kodi just plays hdr10?

If you have not refreshed your library since Nexus was released then you need to update your stream details to include hdrtype.
I'll add an HDR10+ flag when Kodi can provide that hdrtype.

(2024-01-09, 12:17)bimbolongo Wrote:
Hello I use CoreELEC 21.0-Omega_beta2 and since a few versions of the Silvo skin (from Github) the 4k flag is only displayed when I set the studio icons to black and white. Maybe someone has a solution for this problem?

I must do some Git magic to change the png to the correct case. It was likely always this way tho since I am on Windows and don't have to deal with any case-sensitive issues like this.

(2024-01-09, 14:17)robbie599 Wrote: Hi Mike
I don’t know whether it’s intentional, but I notice that the Media folder in 9.1.2 is now empty apart from textures.xbt.

When using the Kodi repo version the media folder is always a textures.xbt file.
  • 747(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55