• 120(current)
Alpha Arctic Fuse
Not sure what's been accomplished in last few updates because I dont believe there is a changelog for each build but can see your plan is coming together @jurial. Widget refresh is almost instantaneous and skin seems to load faster than it ever has. Loving Kodi because of this skin my friend. Thank you
(2024-04-16, 15:13)Matthius7 Wrote: Not sure what's been accomplished in last few updates because I dont believe there is a changelog for each build but can see your plan is coming together @jurial. Widget refresh is almost instantaneous and skin seems to load faster than it ever has. Loving Kodi because of this skin my friend. Thank you

The changelog is on GitHub for every release that doesn't get pulled for problems and then they are rolled up into the next release.

https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arc...e/releases
Kodi v22 nightly master (arm64), nVidia Shield Pro 2019 SE 9.1.1+Hotfix (Android 11), Samsung Q8FN, Synology DS1821+ DSM 7.2.1-69057 Update 5
Hello,
Could someone tell me what tmdbhelper info tagger does and do i actually need it ? I keep seeing it updating lots and lots movies and tv series. If's not mandatory maybe i could disable it ?
Mostly i use Trakt and only selected shows in my watchlist and it takes about 20-50sec to launch Kodi with few widgets and i thought maybe this info tagger slow does my startup and usage.
This circle widget style is beautiful! Love it!

How do I make Add-ons Hub widget style to circle?
hi guys,

Iā€™m trying to customise the hubs so when I click on "Movies", the hub 1101 will open and there will be some categories like "genres" or "providers" that will then show the selected sub-category as widgets, all that in the "complex" mode. Not sure if Iā€™m being clear enough, sorry.
My question is: how can I get rid of the Spotlight? Choosing "noop" won't work.

By the way, I loved the titles inside the landscape, don't know why @jurialmunkey removed it on last update.

Anyway, the skin is beautiful, thanks!
(2024-04-17, 00:48)Suenabien84 Wrote: hi guys,

Iā€™m trying to customise the hubs so when I click on "Movies", the hub 1101 will open and there will be some categories like "genres" or "providers" that will then show the selected sub-category as widgets, all that in the "complex" mode. Not sure if Iā€™m being clear enough, sorry.
My question is: how can I get rid of the Spotlight? Choosing "noop" won't work.

By the way, I loved the titles inside the landscape, don't know why @jurialmunkey removed it on last update.

Anyway, the skin is beautiful, thanks!

Your hub should be in classic mode to remove the spotlight. Just click on 'Complex' to do that.
(2024-04-16, 18:40)Pantera950 Wrote: Hello,
Could someone tell me what tmdbhelper info tagger does and do i actually need it ? I keep seeing it updating lots and lots movies and tv series. If's not mandatory maybe i could disable it ?
Mostly i use Trakt and only selected shows in my watchlist and it takes about 20-50sec to launch Kodi with few widgets and i thought maybe this info tagger slow does my startup and usage.

The tagger runs if you have integrated TMDbHelper into your library and have selected Trakt lists to auto-update the library with
TMDbHelper Settings > Library > Auto-update library from Trakt lists

If you are *not* using TMDbHelper to create .strm files in the library from Trakt lists then you should disable the setting in TMDbHelper to add lists to your library by removing all the lists that you have selected in the above setting (there are no lists selected by default so you have added these yourself).

If you *are* using TMDbHelper to create .strm files in the library from Trakt lists, then the tagger is an essential part of that process. It runs after a library update.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2024-04-17, 00:07)CouchGuy Wrote: How do I make Add-ons Hub widget style to circle?

It's selectable as a widget style in 6.20

If you're talking about the pre-made Add-ons hub. No, you can't change the widget style there. You would need to recreate the hub with a custom one.
(2024-04-17, 03:29)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2024-04-17, 00:07)CouchGuy Wrote: How do I make Add-ons Hub widget style to circle?

It's selectable as a widget style in 6.20

If you're talking about the pre-made Add-ons hub. No, you can't change the widget style there. You would need to recreate the hub with a custom one.

Alright. Thank you so much.
(2024-04-13, 00:43)CyberRooke Wrote: @jurialmunkey When using skin variables to merge paths, I added exclude key "playcount" and set it to greater than 0... But this only removes watched items for Trakt whereas the regular "mark as watched" doesn't work... Is there a custom exclude key I can add for it? šŸ™šŸ™šŸ™

@jurialmunkey any ideas on what I can do here? Wondering what code the hide watched in library uses and if that can be applied to a widget path in skin variables
(2024-04-17, 02:20)CouchGuy Wrote: Your hub should be in classic mode to remove the spotlight. Just click on 'Complex' to do that.

I know that using classic mode removes the spotlight but what I want is in the complex mode. In other versions, selecting "noop" for spotlight used to remove it so I could have categories used as widgets.

(2024-04-17, 04:13)CyberRooke Wrote:
(2024-04-13, 00:43)CyberRooke Wrote: @jurialmunkey When using skin variables to merge paths, I added exclude key "playcount" and set it to greater than 0... But this only removes watched items for Trakt whereas the regular "mark as watched" doesn't work... Is there a custom exclude key I can add for it? šŸ™šŸ™šŸ™

@jurialmunkey any ideas on what I can do here? Wondering what code the hide watched in library uses and if that can be applied to a widget path in skin variables

What you're wanting is time-travel.

Once you see the items on screen, the plugin has already finished its code and is no longer running (this is how all plugins work), which means it is impossible to filter out additional items based on *new* information that only exists after the items were created.

Basically:
1. Kodi tells plugin it wants items from path plugin://xyz
2. Plugin XYZ runs some code, gives Kodi a directory of items with metadata attached.
3. Once the plugin finishes, Kodi displays the directory.

Filtering can only happen in Step 2, not before or after. The filter simply stops items which don't match from being added to the directory given to Kodi.

For other items to be filtered out afterwards, you would need to refresh the widget container so that Kodi will re-run the plugin and then the plugin can create new items with the new information to then filter them out from the new directory of items it creates.

EDIT: Think of it like ordering food in a drive through. You go up to the window and make your order. Then the restaurant makes it and gives it to you. You then drive away to eat it. If you want to change your order or get more food, you need to go through the drive through again.
(2024-04-08, 21:19)CyberRooke Wrote: @jurialmunkey I'm able to completely replace Autowidgets with Skin variables... it has all the functionalities. I was able to add parameter "no_label_dupes": "true" to remove duplicate files.

Is there any similar code I can add to exclude watched items?... thanks šŸ™šŸ™

Hello. I'd be grateful for your guidance on the removal of duplicates.

As an exercise I've just created a dynamic node merging paths to the 'Trending' movie lists from Trakt, IMDb and TMDb. Naturally that results in substantial duplication of titles. What would be the specific steps to implement the parameter above?
(2024-04-17, 15:45)jollyhiggler Wrote:
(2024-04-08, 21:19)CyberRooke Wrote: @jurialmunkey I'm able to completely replace Autowidgets with Skin variables... it has all the functionalities. I was able to add parameter "no_label_dupes": "true" to remove duplicate files.

Is there any similar code I can add to exclude watched items?... thanks šŸ™šŸ™

As an exercise I've just created a dynamic node merging paths to the 'Trending' movie lists from Trakt, IMDb and TMDb. Naturally that results in substantial duplication of titles. What would be the specific steps to implement the parameter above?

You need a file manager that can edit text files... File manager+ or Xplore can do this.

In Xplore click on USB drive
Then click on Android
Go to data
Go to org.xbmc.kodi
Click on files
The .kodi folder should be present.. If it's not, navigate to the menu scroll down to find "show hidden button" then click on it, that'll bring up the .kodi folder... Click on it
Go to userdata
Go to addon_data
Find Script.skinvariables then click on it
Go to Nodes
Go to dynamic
Here you'll find all the nodes you made, click on the one you want to remove duplicate from... Some options on what you want to open it as will come up.. click on text.. Then click on Xplore text editor....

At the bottom, you'll find all the filters that are already added... just add comma to the end of the last one then paste in that code...

so if it's
"sort_by": "title",
"sort_how": "asc"

Just add comma to the end of "asc" then allign your cursor directly underneath it and type in the code... so it'll be
"sort_how": "asc",
"no_label_dupes": "true"

Would be easier to use phone linked to your storage... For this use Filemanger+, it's possible on Xplore but I prefer Filemanager+... Make sure phone and streaming device are connected to same network... Click on Access from network... download the filemanager+ app on phone... Click start service on the streaming device... it'll pop up in the phone app under the same "access from network" area... type in the password on your screen... then you can control your device storage from your phone... then follow the instructions above
(2024-04-17, 19:09)CyberRooke Wrote:
(2024-04-17, 15:45)jollyhiggler Wrote:

You need a file manager that can edit text files... File manager+ or Xplore can do this.

In Xplore click on USB drive
Then click on Android
Go to data
Go to org.xbmc.kodi
Click on files
The .kodi folder should be present.. If it's not, navigate to the menu scroll down to find "show hidden button" then click on it, that'll bring up the .kodi folder... Click on it
Go to userdata
Go to addon_data
Find Script.skinvariables then click on it
Go to Nodes
Go to dynamic
Here you'll find all the nodes you made, click on the one you want to remove duplicate from... Some options on what you want to open it as will come up.. click on text.. Then click on Xplore text editor....

At the bottom, you'll find all the filters that are already added... just add comma to the end of the last one then paste in that code...

so if it's
"sort_how": "asc"

Just add comma to the end of "asc" then allign your cursor directly underneath it and type in the code... so it'll be
"sort_how": "asc",
"no_label_dupes": "true"

Would be easier to use phone linked to your storage... For this use Filemanger+, it's possible on Xplore but I prefer Filemanager+... Make sure phone and streaming device are connected to same network... Click on Access from network... download the filemanager+ app on phone... Click start service on the streaming device... it'll pop up in the phone app under the same "access from network" area... type in the password on your screen... then you can control your device storage from your phone... then follow the instructions above
Done - Thanks
  • 120(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Fuse0