• 201(current)
Beta Arctic Horizon 2
@ChocOranger I understand. I had no idea AuraMod is compatible with Omega, so I'll give that a shot. Thanks again.
@ChocOranger

Thanks. I had put the 10 item limit on the "Widget" option rather than the "Fullscreen" option. Now it is working. I will see if that helps prevent the long loading otherwise will look at the other options you mentioned.
Hello! Great skin jurial, esthetically pleasing and highly functional, fantastic work!
I have a small problem though. On my remote I am using separate buttons to open the EPG on a specific channel group. I am using the JSONRPC API (via Home Assistant). You can reproduce with:
Code:

curl -s --data-binary '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Gui.ActivateWindow", "params": {"window" : "tvguide", "parameters": ["pvr://channels/tv/<a channel group name>"]} }' -H 'content-type: application/json;' -u "user:password" <kodi host>/jsonrpc | jq .
I works with e.g. Estuary or Embuary but with this skin, no matter which channel group parameter is given, the channel group which was selected via the GUI (e.g. the horizontal "slider" type menu above the grid) is opened. It seems the skin somehow overrides the API or something.
This skin won't work on the latest Kodi 21 when Kodi auto-updates from version 20 to 21. Even when uninstalling this skin and it's dependencies, then reinstalling them from jurialmunkey's repo. It will work at first within the current session, but upon restarting Kodi, I think Kodi tries "migrating add-ons" again, disables AH2, and reports that AH2 is not compatible again. All attempts to update jurialmunkey's repo fail all over again. Rinse and repeat.
(2024-04-27, 05:11)NolanGrayson Wrote: This skin won't work on the latest Kodi 21 when Kodi auto-updates from version 20 to 21. Even when uninstalling this skin and it's dependencies, then reinstalling them from jurialmunkey's repo. It will work at first within the current session, but upon restarting Kodi, I think Kodi tries "migrating add-ons" again, disables AH2, and reports that AH2 is not compatible again. All attempts to update jurialmunkey's repo fail all over again. Rinse and repeat.

This matches my experience as well. For now I'm trying Arctic Fuse
Anyone using this skin with LE11 or LE12 beta?

I'm having weird issues when playing 1080p material regardless of codec. For some reason when using this skin I get quite easily repeatable Kodi crash if I play 1080p file, stop it and then restart the same kind of 1080p file. Kodi just crashes or screen freezes with loading process indicator stuck in the right top corner. I can access the RPi via SSH and do reboot from there. I asked about this crash with debug logs at the LE forums but no solution yet (I did found out the skin relation my own but accident).

File can be AVC of HEVC encoded as it does not matter if the resolution is 1080p. If I play 2160p files everything works perfectly.

It's weird that Arctic Fuse does not have this issue (or the default skin) but this behavior can be reproduced with AH2 every time with the same conditions.

I do understand that AH2 is sort of EOL but for me it's UX is a bit better than Fuse and it seems to be faster and more responsive also (better fps when browsing the same library).
I uninstalled Kodi (Android Shield). Added everything back, and installed AH2 last. It works properly now.
Is there anything else that needs to be done after making the changes? I'm trying to get the "in progress" indicators working again.

I've made changes to the file and cleared Kodi cache, but it's still not showing.
(2024-04-11, 14:28)ChocOranger Wrote:
(2024-04-11, 04:59)whisperer Wrote: After testing it, I noticed that some icons are not displayed.
As I'm not familiar in Kodi skin development, I'm unsure about the cause of this issue. I have attached two comparison screenshots for reference.

I revisited the code changes and simplified the changes. One added <visible> clause and one removed.
It took me a while to realise the current behaviour is intended whereby started tvshows show the clock icon rather than unwatched episodes. Like you I'd rather see the unwatched.
I forgot about sets as I don't use them. Code added to deal with them.

Here's the updated code for always showing unwatched episodes and movie progress.
Edit Includes_Objects.xml and replace the entire include as below (line 796)

Code:
    <include name="Object_Indicator">
        <param name="affix" default="" />
        <param name="listitem" default="ListItem" />
        <param name="selected" default="false" />
        <param name="shadow" default="true" />
        <param name="gradient_fade" default="0" />
        <definition>
            <control type="group">
                <nested />
                <centerbottom>0</centerbottom>
                <right>25</right>
                <width>64</width>
                <height>64</height>

<!--  *** Adds the selected overlay circle -->
                <include content="Object_Control" condition="$PARAM[selected]">
                    <param name="control" value="group" />
                    <include content="Dimension_Padding" condition="Skin.HasSetting(SelectBox.Thin)"><param name="pad" value="5" /></include>
                    <control type="image">
                        <include content="Dimension_Padding"><param name="pad" value="-32" /></include>
                        <texture colordiffuse="shadow_hard">$VAR[Image_Overlay_Backing$PARAM[affix],,-fo-shadow.png]</texture>
                        <visible>$PARAM[shadow]</visible>
                    </control>
                    <control type="image">
                        <texture colordiffuse="$VAR[ColorHighlight]">$VAR[Image_Overlay_Backing$PARAM[affix],,-fo.png]</texture>
                    </control>
                    <control type="image">
                        <animation effect="fade" end="$PARAM[gradient_fade]" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
                        <texture colordiffuse="$VAR[ColorGradient]">$VAR[Image_Overlay_Backing$PARAM[affix],,-fo.png]</texture>
                    </control>
                </include>
                <control type="image">
                    <texture colordiffuse="ff333333">$VAR[Image_Overlay_Backing$PARAM[affix],,-bg.png]</texture>
                </control>

<!--  *** Adds the green progress indicator. -->
                <include content="Object_Control" condition="!Skin.HasSetting(Indicator.DisableProgress)">
                    <param name="control">image</param>
                    <include content="Dimension_Padding"><param name="pad" value="0" /></include>
                    <texture colordiffuse="$VAR[ColorWatchedProgress]">$VAR[Defs_PercentPlayed$PARAM[affix],progress/circle/p,.png]</texture>
                    <aspectratio align="center" aligny="center">keep</aspectratio>
                    <visible>String.IsEmpty($PARAM[listitem].Property(role))</visible>
                </include>

<!--  *** Adds progress time background / recently added icon /sets .-->
                <control type="image">
                    <texture>$VAR[Image_Overlay_Backing$PARAM[affix],,-fg.png]</texture>
                </control>

<!--  *** Adds icon so only display if not showing unwatched episodes-->                
                <control type="image">
                    <include content="Dimension_Padding"><param name="pad" value="20" /></include>
                    <texture>$VAR[Image_Overlay$PARAM[affix]]</texture>
                    <!--  *** Don't show icon if it's a tvshow or a season - unwatched episodes will be shown instead-->
                    <visible>!String.IsEqual($PARAM[listitem].DBType,tvshow) + !String.IsEqual($PARAM[listitem].DBType,season)</visible>
                </control>

<!--  *** Completed Tick -->
                <control type="image">
                    <texture colordiffuse="$VAR[ColorWatchedProgress]">indicator/checkmark.png</texture>
                    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(Indicator.DisableWatched)</visible>
                    <visible>String.IsEqual($PARAM[listitem].Overlay,OverlayWatched.png) | [!String.IsEmpty($PARAM[listitem].PlayCount) + !Integer.IsEqual($PARAM[listitem].PlayCount,0) + !String.IsEqual($PARAM[listitem].DBType,song) + !String.IsEqual($PARAM[listitem].DBType,album) + !String.IsEqual($PARAM[listitem].DBType,artist) + !String.IsEqual($PARAM[listitem].DBType,image) + !String.IsEqual($PARAM[listitem].DBType,addon)]</visible>
                    <visible>Integer.IsEqual($PARAM[listitem].Property(UnWatchedEpisodes),0)  | Skin.HasSetting(Indicator.DisableEpisodes)</visible>
                    <visible>!$PARAM[listitem].IsRecording + !$PARAM[listitem].HasTimer</visible>
                    <visible>!$PARAM[listitem].IsResumable | Skin.HasSetting(Indicator.DisableProgress)</visible>
                    <visible>![!String.IsEmpty($PARAM[listitem].Property(role)) + [String.IsEqual($PARAM[listitem].DBType,tvshow) | String.IsEqual($PARAM[listitem].DBType,season)] + !Skin.HasSetting(Indicator.DisableEpisodes)]</visible>
                </control>

<!--  *** Unwatched episodes     -->                
                <control type="label">
                    <font>font_hint_bold</font>
                    <align>center</align>
                    <aligny>center</aligny>
                    <textcolor>panel_fg_100</textcolor>
                    <label>$INFO[$PARAM[listitem].Property(UnWatchedEpisodes)]</label>
                    <visible>[!Integer.IsEqual($PARAM[listitem].Property(UnWatchedEpisodes),0) + [String.IsEqual($PARAM[listitem].DBType,tvshow) | String.IsEqual($PARAM[listitem].DBType,season) | String.IsEqual($PARAM[listitem].DBType,episode)] + !Skin.HasSetting(Indicator.DisableEpisodes)]</visible>

<!--  *** Removed as blocks Unwatched episodes after show has been started                    
                    <visible>!$PARAM[listitem].IsResumable | Skin.HasSetting(Indicator.DisableProgress)</visible>
                    -->    
                    <visible>![!String.IsEmpty($PARAM[listitem].Property(role)) + [String.IsEqual($PARAM[listitem].DBType,tvshow) | String.IsEqual($PARAM[listitem].DBType,episode) | String.IsEqual($PARAM[listitem].DBType,season)] + !Skin.HasSetting(Indicator.DisableEpisodes)]</visible>
                </control>
                <control type="label">
                    <align>center</align>
                    <aligny>center</aligny>
                    <label>$INFO[$PARAM[listitem].Property(Episodes)]</label>
                    <visible>!String.IsEmpty($PARAM[listitem].Property(role)) + [String.IsEqual($PARAM[listitem].DBType,tvshow) | String.IsEqual($PARAM[listitem].DBType,season)] + !Skin.HasSetting(Indicator.DisableEpisodes)</visible>
                </control>
            </control>
        </definition>
    </include>

And for anyone that wants a a numerical percentage progress for Movies and Episodes as well as always showing unwatched episodes. There was a previous request for this.
Edit Includes_Objects.xml and replace the entire include as below (line 796)

Code:
    <include name="Object_Indicator">
        <param name="affix" default="" />
        <param name="listitem" default="ListItem" />
        <param name="selected" default="false" />
        <param name="shadow" default="true" />
        <param name="gradient_fade" default="0" />
        <definition>
            <control type="group">
                <nested />
                <centerbottom>0</centerbottom>
                <right>25</right>
                <width>64</width>
                <height>64</height>

<!--  *** Adds the selected overlay circle -->
                <include content="Object_Control" condition="$PARAM[selected]">
                    <param name="control" value="group" />
                    <include content="Dimension_Padding" condition="Skin.HasSetting(SelectBox.Thin)"><param name="pad" value="5" /></include>
                    <control type="image">
                        <include content="Dimension_Padding"><param name="pad" value="-32" /></include>
                        <texture colordiffuse="shadow_hard">$VAR[Image_Overlay_Backing$PARAM[affix],,-fo-shadow.png]</texture>
                        <visible>$PARAM[shadow]</visible>
                    </control>
                    <control type="image">
                        <texture colordiffuse="$VAR[ColorHighlight]">$VAR[Image_Overlay_Backing$PARAM[affix],,-fo.png]</texture>
                    </control>
                    <control type="image">
                        <animation effect="fade" end="$PARAM[gradient_fade]" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
                        <texture colordiffuse="$VAR[ColorGradient]">$VAR[Image_Overlay_Backing$PARAM[affix],,-fo.png]</texture>
                    </control>
                </include>
                <control type="image">
                    <texture colordiffuse="ff333333">$VAR[Image_Overlay_Backing$PARAM[affix],,-bg.png]</texture>
                </control>

<!--  *** Adds the green progress indicator. -->
                <include content="Object_Control" condition="!Skin.HasSetting(Indicator.DisableProgress)">
                    <param name="control">image</param>
                    <include content="Dimension_Padding"><param name="pad" value="0" /></include>
                    <texture colordiffuse="$VAR[ColorWatchedProgress]">$VAR[Defs_PercentPlayed$PARAM[affix],progress/circle/p,.png]</texture>
                    <aspectratio align="center" aligny="center">keep</aspectratio>
                    <visible>String.IsEmpty($PARAM[listitem].Property(role))</visible>
                </include>

<!--  *** Adds progress time background / recently added icon /sets .-->
                <control type="image">
                    <texture>$VAR[Image_Overlay_Backing$PARAM[affix],,-fg.png]</texture>
                </control>

<!--  *** Adds progress % for movies and episodes -->                
                <control type="label">
                    <align>center</align>
                    <aligny>center</aligny>
                    <label>$INFO[listitem.PercentPlayed]</label>
                    <visible>!String.IsEqual(listitem.PercentPlayed,0) + [String.IsEqual($PARAM[listitem].DBType,movie) | String.IsEqual($PARAM[listitem].DBType,episode)]</visible>
                </control>                

<!--  *** Adds icon so only display if not showing unwatched episodes-->                
                <control type="image">
                    <texture>$VAR[Image_Overlay$PARAM[affix]]</texture>

<!--  *** Don't show icon if it's media unless it's a set-->
                    <visible>[!$PARAM[listitem].IsResumable  + !String.IsEqual($PARAM[listitem].DBType,tvshow) + !String.IsEqual($PARAM[listitem].DBType,season)] | String.IsEqual($PARAM[listitem].DBType,set)</visible>
                </control>

<!--  *** Completed Tick -->
                <control type="image">
                    <texture colordiffuse="$VAR[ColorWatchedProgress]">indicator/checkmark.png</texture>
                    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(Indicator.DisableWatched)</visible>
                    <visible>String.IsEqual($PARAM[listitem].Overlay,OverlayWatched.png) | [!String.IsEmpty($PARAM[listitem].PlayCount) + !Integer.IsEqual($PARAM[listitem].PlayCount,0) + !String.IsEqual($PARAM[listitem].DBType,song) + !String.IsEqual($PARAM[listitem].DBType,album) + !String.IsEqual($PARAM[listitem].DBType,artist) + !String.IsEqual($PARAM[listitem].DBType,image) + !String.IsEqual($PARAM[listitem].DBType,addon)]</visible>
                    <visible>Integer.IsEqual($PARAM[listitem].Property(UnWatchedEpisodes),0)  | Skin.HasSetting(Indicator.DisableEpisodes)</visible>
                    <visible>!$PARAM[listitem].IsRecording + !$PARAM[listitem].HasTimer</visible>
                    <visible>![!String.IsEmpty($PARAM[listitem].Property(role)) + [String.IsEqual($PARAM[listitem].DBType,tvshow) | String.IsEqual($PARAM[listitem].DBType,season)] + !Skin.HasSetting(Indicator.DisableEpisodes)]</visible>
                </control>

<!--  *** Unwatched episodes     -->                
                <control type="label">
                    <align>center</align>
                    <aligny>center</aligny>
                    <label>$INFO[$PARAM[listitem].Property(UnWatchedEpisodes)]</label>
                    <visible>[!Integer.IsEqual($PARAM[listitem].Property(UnWatchedEpisodes),0) + [String.IsEqual($PARAM[listitem].DBType,tvshow) | String.IsEqual($PARAM[listitem].DBType,season) | String.IsEqual($PARAM[listitem].DBType,episode)] + !Skin.HasSetting(Indicator.DisableEpisodes)]</visible>

<!--  *** Removed as blocks Unwatched episodes after show has been started                    
                    -->    
                    <visible>![!String.IsEmpty($PARAM[listitem].Property(role)) + [String.IsEqual($PARAM[listitem].DBType,tvshow) | String.IsEqual($PARAM[listitem].DBType,episode) | String.IsEqual($PARAM[listitem].DBType,season)] + !Skin.HasSetting(Indicator.DisableEpisodes)]</visible>
                </control>
                <control type="label">
                    <align>center</align>
                    <aligny>center</aligny>
                    <label>$INFO[$PARAM[listitem].Property(Episodes)]</label>
                    <visible>!String.IsEmpty($PARAM[listitem].Property(role)) + [String.IsEqual($PARAM[listitem].DBType,tvshow) | String.IsEqual($PARAM[listitem].DBType,season)] + !Skin.HasSetting(Indicator.DisableEpisodes)</visible>
                </control>
            </control>
        </definition>
    </include>

Is there anything else that needs to be done after making the changes? I'm trying to get the "in progress" indicators working again.

I've made changes to the file and cleared Kodi cache, but it's still not showing.
(2024-04-27, 13:27)Dunjam0n Wrote: Is there anything else that needs to be done after making the changes? I'm trying to get the "in progress" indicators working again.

The indicators should work by default if selected. You only need the code changes if you want to see unwatched episodes rather than progress for Seasons/Shows.

Try the following in order until progress works.

1. Reload the skin or restart Kodi.
2. In Skins settings > Details > Indicators ensure both 'Unwatched' and 'Progress' are selected.
3. Ensure you've made the changes to the script correctly. If you're unsure go to https://paste.kodi.tv and paste the entire contents of your changed script include_objects.xml and link here.
(2024-04-27, 16:01)ChocOranger Wrote:
(2024-04-27, 13:27)Dunjam0n Wrote: Is there anything else that needs to be done after making the changes? I'm trying to get the "in progress" indicators working again.

The indicators should work by default if selected. You only need the code changes if you want to see unwatched episodes rather than progress for Seasons/Shows.

Try the following in order until progress works.

1. Reload the skin or restart Kodi.
2. In Skins settings > Details > Indicators ensure both 'Unwatched' and 'Progress' are selected.
3. Ensure you've made the changes to the script correctly. If you're unsure go to https://paste.kodi.tv and paste the entire contents of your changed script include_objects.xml and link here.

I've used your second set of changes to show episode \ movie progress. I have a home screen setup with new episodes and movies. It shows a tick for watched content, but no icon for part watched. The previous version showed this correctly. Not sure if these changes will help with what I need.
(2024-04-27, 16:08)Dunjam0n Wrote: I've used your second set of changes to show episode \ movie progress. I have a home screen setup with new episodes and movies. It shows a tick for watched content, but no icon for part watched. The previous version showed this correctly. Not sure if these changes will help with what I need.

The changes will do exactly what you want.
Work through the list in my previous post.
(2024-04-27, 16:12)ChocOranger Wrote:
(2024-04-27, 16:08)Dunjam0n Wrote: I've used your second set of changes to show episode \ movie progress. I have a home screen setup with new episodes and movies. It shows a tick for watched content, but no icon for part watched. The previous version showed this correctly. Not sure if these changes will help with what I need.

The changes will do exactly what you want.
Work through the list in my previous post.

I've tried a skin reload and a restart, both indicators are active too. I've toggled them for good measure and I can see that the completed indicator does toggle correctly.

I'm used a file manager and then editing the file on a PC. Is it just the one in the 1080i folder that is edited?
(2024-04-27, 16:20)Dunjam0n Wrote: I've tried a skin reload and a restart, both indicators are active too. I've toggled them for good measure and I can see that the completed indicator does toggle correctly.

I'm used a file manager and then editing the file on a PC. Is it just the one in the 1080i folder that is edited?

Yes, it's the one in addons\skin.arctic.horizon.2\1080i. Only that one file needs editing.

Can you post a screenshot of your Home screen please?
(2024-04-27, 16:27)ChocOranger Wrote:
(2024-04-27, 16:20)Dunjam0n Wrote: I've tried a skin reload and a restart, both indicators are active too. I've toggled them for good measure and I can see that the completed indicator does toggle correctly.

Yes, it's the one in addons\skin.arctic.horizon.2\1080i. Only that one file needs editing.

Can you post a screenshot of your Home screen please?

https://ibb.co/X5bsZFp

This is my current screen. I have watched half of the Sugar episode. If I click it, it will continue to play from where I left off. I suspect the issue may be other add-ons I'm using, but it's worked previously.
  • 201(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Horizon 20