How to install Rapier on Omega ?
Thanks Gade, totally understand and appreciate the effort you put in to your work on this. Happy to say we have a temporary fix, and look forward to your next release when it comes.
Re my post #14 - forgot to add that it still needs addon.xml updated from

<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.15.0"/>
to
    <import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.17.0"/>
been using only this skin for years...please continue the good work  Big Grin
(2024-05-16, 07:04)phunzoid Wrote: been using only this skin for years...please continue the good work  Big Grin

what can be done so that you have more time for Rapier?
Since Rapier is the best interface and I've been using it for years, I'm eagerly waiting for the update for Omega.
(2024-05-17, 19:52)ClausMM Wrote:
(2024-05-16, 07:04)phunzoid Wrote: been using only this skin for years...please continue the good work  Big Grin

Since Rapier is the best interface and I've been using it for years, I'm eagerly waiting for the update for Omega.

From Gade's other replies, it sounds like he's busy with real life (perhaps job and/or family stuff), so there's nothing we can do except patiently wait for his time to be freed up naturally.  At least there's already a way to get it mostly working with Omega.  Plus, there's no real need to update from Nexus at this point.
(2024-05-12, 06:39)mullie68 Wrote: [font][font]und den Inhalt des Ordners Rapier-master aus der ZIP-Datei in den neuen Ordner rapier.skin kopiert[/font][/font]

[font][font]Hallo mullie68, [/font][/font]
[font][font]wo genau muss ich den neuen Ordner ‚rapier.skin‘ hin kopieren, damit das ganze funktioniert? [/font][/font]

[font][font]Habe wie beschieben die Dateien [/font][/font][font][font]includes_MenuBar.xml[/font][/font][font][font] und [/font][/font][font][font]addon.xml[/font][/font][font][font] bearbeitet und dann den Ordner [/font][/font][font][font]'rapier.skin'[/font][/font][font][font] nach [/font][/font][font][font]C:\Users\ClausMM\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data[/font][/font][font][font] kopiert.  [/font][/font]

[font][font]Leider war die Oberfläche danach immer noch nicht Standard. :-( [/font][/font]
[font][font]Viele Grüße ClausMM[/font][/font]
(2024-05-17, 19:52)ClausMM Wrote:

Thanks so much for the kind words and support.
I'm working on creating 28 hours in a day, which should free up some extra time for skinning stuff Smile
Question 
Hi,
I am running kodi on a firestick 4k max.
I have rapier installed with kodi 20.5.
I wish to upgrade to the released version of omega 21.
I have tried xplore and es file manager but neither will give me access to the data folder on firestick which if I am correct is where I need to go so I can do the changes above to make rapier work with omega.
Is there an easy way to access the files in rapier to make the changes like for the compatibility change in addon.xml?
Maybe I am using the wrong file managers?

Thank you for your help!
Bryan
(2024-06-13, 21:31)Trapperjohn61 Wrote: Hi,
I am running kodi on a firestick 4k max.
I have rapier installed with kodi 20.5.
I wish to upgrade to the released version of omega 21.
I have tried xplore and es file manager but neither will give me access to the data folder on firestick which if I am correct is where I need to go so I can do the changes above to make rapier work with omega.
Is there an easy way to access the files in rapier to make the changes like for the compatibility change in addon.xml?
Maybe I am using the wrong file managers?

Thank you for your help!
Bryan

You have to download a version of this skin and edit the addon.xml in this zip file.
You then install this edited zip file on your Android device.
Hi ClausMM, all

Here's a link to the skin in a zip file with all of the necessary mods which you can download. I've incremented the version number to 13.0.12 so Kodi can differentiate. 

It includes my working "Favourites" mod  which I mentioned in post #14

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VhuXivx...drive_link

To install
Download the skin.rapier-13.0.12.zip file and move it to a location on your device. 
start Kodi
Navigate to Settings > Add-ons and select "Install from zip file"
Locate the zip file you downloaded
Install

Worth noting on one of my Librelec systems, but only one, I had to install Confluence first and then this skin before it worked - more a problem with that install than the skin zip file I'm sure. 

Hope this helps ease the pain until an official release.

Cheers,

mullie68

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to install Rapier on Omega ?0