Guest - Testers are needed for the reworked CDateTime core component. See... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=378981 (September 29) x
  • 7(current)
Alpha Arctic Fuse 2
Two last questions @jurialmunkey   Huh

1. Below the movie information area, don't you think it would be more relevant to put "Saga" first (top of the pile), and the cast after ? I tend to think that would be more interesting because we don't always know that it belongs to a Saga, it allows us to know at a glance. 

2. Finally, from my point of view, on the Home page with the detailed view of the Widgets, it is not relevant to allow the blocking of the side pane, because that would shift everything, and would require reducing the width of the summary and the title as in Fuse 1. On the other hand, unless I am mistaken, with the "simple" view (without the details), there does not appear to be any constraint to pin the side menu ? (same for the research hub)

In this configuration, your skin would take the visual foundations of Estuary while improving every aspect. This base would allow Kodi users, even the least experienced, not to feel lost in a new environment. Then, at their own pace, they could customize it thanks to the almost infinite flexibility of Fuse 2. I have the feeling that this would accelerate the popularity of your work. It could even be the missing lever for your skin to become the new standard, perhaps one day replacing the aging Estuary. In fact, I am even convinced of it, and I would be happy to contribute in this direction, if you allow me, when our work is out of its beta test phase.
I would absolutely love the view of the side panel to be always visible but for certain reasons jurial will not allow it, so I'm respectful in that decision, i do honestly think it would look alot better @jurialmunkey
(2024-10-14, 00:34)Gaddinator90 Wrote: I would absolutely love the view of the side panel to be always visible but for certain reasons jurial will not allow it, so I'm respectful in that decision, i do honestly think it would look alot better @jurialmunkey

I've already explained why. If the panel is always visible, then the last item in the widget row will be cut-off on the edge of the screen and you will never be able to see it fully onscreen.
Arctic Fuse 2 - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2024-10-13, 17:58)Bindou Wrote: 1. Below the movie information area, don't you think it would be more relevant to put "Saga" first (top of the pile), and the cast after ? I tend to think that would be more interesting because we don't always know that it belongs to a Saga, it allows us to know at a glance. 

I don't know what "Saga" means. You'll have to use the English words from the interface so that I know what you're referring to. I'm guessing it is "Collection"?

Either way, no, cast must be the first widget. Cast is the only list which has a "local" version available in Kodi without an online lookup. It is also the list most likely to have items, which is important if you want to be able to navigate to the other widgets (if the first is empty, then you can never reach the widget page to load the other widgets). It is also important to have items to peek from the screen edge.

I think for most people, cast is probably what they are most interested in after the details on the main page. For me at least, I'd say 90% of the time I open info I'm either looking for Cast or Director details.
At the beginning I think I was overcomplicating things. Now I've went back to the original layout with the categories on the side, put a single In-Progress type widget beside each with the scrolling option enabled (mine are never empty) then all the meat and potatoes in Hubs the categories point to. 

It's pretty much perfect and feels really intuitive so guests shouldn't have any issues either.
(2024-10-08, 12:20)banggun Wrote: Just one tiny thing I've noted is the overview circle style which is a I'm now really digging but it seems based on the content it shows either a disc or full circle view. While I agree the disc view works well on some disc art that I apparently have. But for the majority of the art I have the hole in the middle looks sort of weird as it's also not being used with discart but I believe box/poster art is being used but I might bet wrong. Never mind the fact that I think in this day and age disc art might be a thing of the past but for those with nostalgic feelings I can see how it might be cool...

Sorry to come back to this question. But I wonder would it be possible to set this option fixed in the skin setting. It seems now the overview loads the circle as either discart or a normal circle based on the data source it's loading from I guess. However I don't find there's a lot of use for disc art in my case could this be set as an option to always a full circle view (without the disc hole in the middle).
Oh wow, I am only just seeing this thread now. I spend so much time configuring Arctic Fuse and am still not done and now there is already an Arctic Fuse 2 Rofl

Absolutely amazing @jurialmunkey . Thanks again for all your hard work! Can't wait to try it out!
(2024-10-14, 04:33)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2024-10-13, 17:58)Bindou Wrote: 1. Below the movie information area, don't you think it would be more relevant to put "Saga" first (top of the pile), and the cast after ? I tend to think that would be more interesting because we don't always know that it belongs to a Saga, it allows us to know at a glance. 

I don't know what "Saga" means. You'll have to use the English words from the interface so that I know what you're referring to. I'm guessing it is "Collection"?

Either way, no, cast must be the first widget. Cast is the only list which has a "local" version available in Kodi without an online lookup. It is also the list most likely to have items, which is important if you want to be able to navigate to the other widgets (if the first is empty, then you can never reach the widget page to load the other widgets). It is also important to have items to peek from the screen edge.

I think for most people, cast is probably what they are most interested in after the details on the main page. For me at least, I'd say 90% of the time I open info I'm either looking for Cast or Director details.

Yes I wanted to talk about the collection. Thanks for all these details, I think I now understand the technical elements that push you to favor this order. For the ergonomic aspect I think it can be discussed, but it is not so important, a reactive interface is better. Thanks Jurial.
(2024-10-14, 11:21)Kabaal Wrote: At the beginning I think I was overcomplicating things. Now I've went back to the original layout with the categories on the side, put a single In-Progress type widget beside each with the scrolling option enabled (mine are never empty) then all the meat and potatoes in Hubs the categories point to. 

It's pretty much perfect and feels really intuitive so guests shouldn't have any issues either.
Your idea is good. For my part, I decided to dedicate the Home page for news, Box office, Trend, etc. for each of the categories (films, series, music). This makes a dynamic and interesting home page.
Hey @jurialmunkey just so you are aware start up images are no longer displaying along with the custom display window we choose
(2024-10-14, 21:30)Gaddinator90 Wrote: Hey @jurialmunkey just so you are aware start up images are no longer displaying along with the custom display window we choose

Working fine for me...

(2024-10-14, 18:11)Aemstel Wrote: Oh wow, I am only just seeing this thread now. I spend so much time configuring Arctic Fuse and am still not done and now there is already an Arctic Fuse 2 Rofl

Absolutely amazing @jurialmunkey . Thanks again for all your hard work! Can't wait to try it out!

Thanks Big Grin

See this thread on github discussions for a couple of tips on transferring across the widget setup
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arc...cussions/1

Not everything is a 1-to-1 exact match, so you won't get everything transferred across, but it can get you at least partially the way there if you used classic setup (and should also transfer hubs fairly well).
(Yesterday, 11:01)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2024-10-14, 21:30)Gaddinator90 Wrote: Hey @jurialmunkey just so you are aware start up images are no longer displaying along with the custom display window we choose

Working fine for me...

Woah! How did you get this picture of me? So cool of you to use it as your startup image haha!
@jurialmunkey for the some reason it's completely black when i start it up and i get no splash screen or anything, is there any advice you can give me to get it working again?
(Yesterday, 11:28)Gaddinator90 Wrote: @jurialmunkey for the some reason it's completely black when i start it up and i get no splash screen or anything, is there any advice you can give me to get it working again?

Do you mean black as in no text either? Or just the background is black but the text overlay is there?

Because there can be some delay in Kodi displaying background loaded images.

I'm not sure if it is a delay in loading the skin settings (and without the setting, it doesn't know what folder you've chosen for it to look at yet) or if it is to do with how the background image loader rendering works - but either way, definitely can be a moment where the background image will take a second or two to display, but if the splash is up for more than few seconds it definitely comes in (assuming the image had been cached previously -- uncached images take longer). Also the delay isn't always there, sometimes I find the image displays immediately and other times the delay is longer before it comes in.

But if the screen is just entirely black with no text, that's a different matter...
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Fuse 20