• 85(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
Goggleboy Wrote:Hi,

Just to let you know I removed one of the problem movies and then re-added it several times....No joy.
The file was picked up by xbmc no problem just not constellation.

I then just renamed the Tron movie file name without removing it, this caused Xbmc to create a Collection with both movies in it. This was picked up by constellation, but as soon as the duff film was removed the film disappeared in constellation.

I haven't deleted the whole library yet.

Currently I have 2 ATV2 pointing to a newly installed Synology DiskStation and both of them show the same exact films. Also constellation has the exact same films missing for both ATV's.

I will remove the library's again but I am dubious that this will work.

I will keep you posted.

Cheers.

Nerd

It might be a dodgy .nfo file for that movie... Try getting rid of that too
The specific forum for Constellation can be found Here.

If anyone is looking for a usenet account try here, great unlimited service!
Hi Burbulence,

Just checked the DiskStation (remotely....I love this piece of kit) and there isn't any .nfo files.
Thanks for chipping in.
Goggleboy Wrote:Hi Burbulence,

Just checked the DiskStation (remotely....I love this piece of kit) and there isn't any .nfo files.

then you cant have the movies grouped in a set...

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Movie_sets

and here is someone having a similar issue to you back a few months ago.

formula Wrote:anyhow 12 years later .. lol i removed and cleaned my tv show library and music ,re added it and i got my constellation to show TV shows in recently added along with movies which was there to start with just the dam Music thumbs missing so im on the right path ... anyway il see if it goes right by itself now ! Smile

formula Wrote:replying to my own thread its novel .. lol anyhow got it all to work had to manualy add music thumbnails for some albums and hey ive got albums,movies and tv show all showing up in the recently added screen !

panic over .. lol thanks burb for your help we got there in the end Big Grin

Oh great, will look into finding the banner view. I think I've clicked through the options and just didn't see it, maybe the trick there is re scraping the shows.

As for the remote... I swapped to the 'use gesture zone' and wow what a difference. I think why I didn't try it was because originally i got xbmc commander and just hated how it felt to gesture through the menus, it felt inaccurate and often skipped a few places.

The way you guys have the remote set up here, it is much smoother and pretty accurate, you can get speed on the edges if you want, and precision with just a few clicks. Then just slapping the big circle it is a much nicer target so you don't have to look down.

All in all starting to like this remote more and more.
Hi Burbulence,

I do have some films in collections as XBMC seems to do this automatically now.

I will try and add a thumbnail although it appears in the dashboard with the picture and not at all in movies.
Goggleboy Wrote:Hi Burbulence,

I do have some films in collections as XBMC seems to do this automatically now.

I will try and add a thumbnail although it appears in the dashboard with the picture and not at all in movies.

Yes it does as long as you are using the MovieDB as a scraper...

Ok try it, it can't hurt, my point was though that the issue I was directing you to was similar and the fault was fixed by building a new database, as the original one had errors in itHuh

Burbulence Wrote:event server is located on the connection set up screen, press the connections button at the top and then press the gear icon next to the atv connection.

As for time, the ATV is very low on resources compared with your MAC, hence the time it takes... my advice would be to let it connect, green light, then leave it for a while to see if it connects properly.

I have upgraded to Beta 3 and I am still having the same issues I am getting the green lights on the connection if I wait for a while and the bar at the top is moving very slow but I get no Movies or music sometime I get TV shows to show up but that is it... In the MAC with Beta 3 still works OK.

Why would I sometimes get an error when pressing the test button on the connection screen? It tells me the port is open and then I get the Error but I can also get the OK.
smiller29 Wrote:I have upgraded to Beta 3 and I am still having the same issues I am getting the green lights on the connection if I wait for a while and the bar at the top is moving very slow but I get no Movies or music sometime I get TV shows to show up but that is it... In the MAC with Beta 3 still works OK.

Why would I sometimes get an error when pressing the test button on the connection screen? It tells me the port is open and then I get the Error but I can also get the OK.

Has the blue bar filled completely? It will run twice once for video and once for music. It has to finish loading the library or it won't show anything!

As for the errors that happens to me, and the short answer is you have to live with it as its the apple tv lacking hardware power

Hello, can you please add an "all albums" view?
Thx, Timsu
I'm using Constellation 1.9.1 on iPad 2 and XBMC 11.0beta3 on ATV2. Browsing my music collection by artist and album is no problem. But how do I search by song name, like I can do it directly on XBMC? Is there a hidden option to enable this?
quick question, does this app work with an xbmc setup using a mysql library setup with advancedsettings.xml? i have my xbmc setup this way and although xbmc shows a constellation connection with the phone nothing shows in the movies/tv views in the app
leia nightly / nvidia shield / win 10 64-bit | 16gb ddr4 | intel i7-7700k | titan x pascal
gotoman00 Wrote:quick question, does this app work with an xbmc setup using a mysql library setup with advancedsettings.xml? i have my xbmc setup this way and although xbmc shows a constellation connection with the phone nothing shows in the movies/tv views in the app

Yes it does, I am using MySQL... I have xbmc on windows, mac and atv2 all work with constellation without a problem.

What version of xbmc are you using?
Which skin? Not that the app is skin dependent, just a certain skin hides one of the settings in xbmc that constellation requires.
Have you followed the setup video?
do you get a green light in the top left of constellation?

Burbulence Wrote:Which skin? Not that the app is skin dependent, just a certain skin hides one of the settings in xbmc that constellation requires.
Have you followed the setup video?
do you get a green light in the top left of constellation?

using the default skin and the newest xbmc beta 3... all of the settings should be correct i have the android official app and everything loads in there perfectly... nope no green light but like i said i get a notification in xbmc that there is a connection... it's an orange light in the app and it says http is connected but json rpc says 'xbmc in cold state reconnecting'.... i can use the gestures to move around in xbmc but if i look in movies and tv shows there's nothing there... sometimes it will even be red in the corner and still the gestures will work...

edit: actually i'm having all kinds of problem with this xbmc install/library... i have two other wired pcs that access the library no problem with same version of xbmc, but off this macbook over the wireless xbmc keeps freezing accessing the library then when i restart xbmc it doesn't try to access the sql library at all and recreates the *.db files instead, so, not sure what's going on here
leia nightly / nvidia shield / win 10 64-bit | 16gb ddr4 | intel i7-7700k | titan x pascal
Question 
Hi to all of you! I'm new on the forum and I wish someone could help me with thi problem, cause I'm:confused2:!
I'm running the last version of constellation on my iPad and Eden beta 3 on my MacMini with Snow Leopard and everything works fine (the remote functions all work, I can see my entire library of video and music etc...) but there are two things i couldn't make work properly:
1) The json rpc connection switch continuosly from "Tunnel established" to "Failed to connect to port 9090" (obviously I had made forwarding of the 9090 and 9777 ports on both tcp/udp);
2) The upper side of Constellation keeps reporting "Nothing is Playing" even when a song or a movie are playing (and i click PLAY through Constellation)

If someone has an idea to help I'll be grateful 'cause I tried all that I could!!!

Edit: I've tried with my iphone and everything happens in the same way. Now I know there's something wrong on the macmini side (I should know this before!) but already i don't know WHAT!
gotoman00 Wrote:using the default skin and the newest xbmc beta 3... all of the settings should be correct i have the android official app and everything loads in there perfectly... nope no green light but like i said i get a notification in xbmc that there is a connection... it's an orange light in the app and it says http is connected but json rpc says 'xbmc in cold state reconnecting'.... i can use the gestures to move around in xbmc but if i look in movies and tv shows there's nothing there... sometimes it will even be red in the corner and still the gestures will work...

edit: actually i'm having all kinds of problem with this xbmc install/library... i have two other wired pcs that access the library no problem with same version of xbmc, but off this macbook over the wireless xbmc keeps freezing accessing the library then when i restart xbmc it doesn't try to access the sql library at all and recreates the *.db files instead, so, not sure what's going on here

I had a similar problem when the betas came out, they no longer need the database name in advancedsettings.xml, see the wiki

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...ng_up_XBMC

You need the JSON connection to get the movies to sync

• 85(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5