• 157(current)
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
Hi everyone, sorry for the late reply.

@AshMan I don't know whether you're still experiencing this issue, but you could you try the latest development build from the link below and tell me if it helps?
http://www.mediafire.com/file/qkxq1z41p5...r.zip/file

@Kodeine The TVDB API is responsible for the search results for TV Shows. (TheMovieDB for Movies.) And while it does seem to have a high tendency to put the most likely wanted show on top, it can sometimes be a miss. So while it may be a bit daunting with 200+ shows to scan, I do advice taking it one at a time to prevent mismatches.

Episode files aren't automatically folderized like movies are. This is mainly because with Movies, all I had to do is create a new folder with the exact same name as the movie file(s) and move the file(s) inside the folder. (There is a little bit of filtering going on for movies that exist in separate parts.).
With episodes it didn't seem quite as easy since I'd have to filter out everything but the TV show name. That said, there is some name filtering that might make this somewhat possible, depending on the complexity of the file names, so I may be able to look into this in the future.

Using file names like 'Show name season 1 episode 2.ext' or even 'season 1 episode 2.ext' should actually have worked, as long as they are within the correct tv show folder. Could you give me a couple of file name examples that don't work?

@ampell As was mentioned, screenshots of the issue and error message could be helpful in solving this issue.
ViMediaManager - The Best Media Manager for macOS
(2020-04-06, 00:38)MariusTh86 Wrote: Hi everyone, sorry for the late reply.

@AshMan I don't know whether you're still experiencing this issue, but you could you try the latest development build from the link below and tell me if it helps?
http://www.mediafire.com/file/qkxq1z41p5...r.zip/file

@Kodeine The TVDB API is responsible for the search results for TV Shows. (TheMovieDB for Movies.) And while it does seem to have a high tendency to put the most likely wanted show on top, it can sometimes be a miss. So while it may be a bit daunting with 200+ shows to scan, I do advice taking it one at a time to prevent mismatches.

Episode files aren't automatically folderized like movies are. This is mainly because with Movies, all I had to do is create a new folder with the exact same name as the movie file(s) and move the file(s) inside the folder. (There is a little bit of filtering going on for movies that exist in separate parts.).
With episodes it didn't seem quite as easy since I'd have to filter out everything but the TV show name. That said, there is some name filtering that might make this somewhat possible, depending on the complexity of the file names, so I may be able to look into this in the future.

Using file names like 'Show name season 1 episode 2.ext' or even 'season 1 episode 2.ext' should actually have worked, as long as they are within the correct tv show folder. Could you give me a couple of file name examples that don't work?

@ampell As was mentioned, screenshots of the issue and error message could be helpful in solving this issue.
@MariusTh86 Thanks very much for your reply. I'm afraid I can't give you examples of file name examples for TV shows that don't work, because I have forgotten exactly what they were now, and how I was trying to do it when I was very unfamiliar with the app. Now for each show I always create a folder with the TV program name and separate subfolders within it for each season before I search for metadata, and everything works really well.

I have been working my way slowly through my media files, and I really appreciate the app, it's really the best I've found!
(2020-04-06, 02:24)Kodeine Wrote: @MariusTh86 Thanks very much for your reply. I'm afraid I can't give you examples of file name examples for TV shows that don't work, because I have forgotten exactly what they were now, and how I was trying to do it when I was very unfamiliar with the app. Now for each show I always create a folder with the TV program name and separate subfolders within it for each season before I search for metadata, and everything works really well.

I have been working my way slowly through my media files, and I really appreciate the app, it's really the best I've found! 

I'm glad for the appreciation! Ideally you shouldn't need to manually add 'Season ##' folders though, if under 'Preferences' > 'General' the dropdown for 'Rename and Move' is set to 'Files & Folders' and the checkbox 'Keep media folders organized' is checked, it should move episode files into the appropriate season folders upon downloading metadata.
(2020-04-06, 02:29)MariusTh86 Wrote:
(2020-04-06, 02:24)Kodeine Wrote: @MariusTh86 Thanks very much for your reply. I'm afraid I can't give you examples of file name examples for TV shows that don't work, because I have forgotten exactly what they were now, and how I was trying to do it when I was very unfamiliar with the app. Now for each show I always create a folder with the TV program name and separate subfolders within it for each season before I search for metadata, and everything works really well.

I'm glad for the appreciation! Ideally you shouldn't need to manually add 'Season ##' folders though, if under 'Preferences' > 'General' the dropdown for 'Rename and Move' is set to 'Files & Folders' and the checkbox 'Keep media folders organized' is checked, it should move episode files into the appropriate season folders upon downloading metadata. 

Thanks, will try this out next time!
Hey @MariusTh86 I have a question (thankfully, there is no bug/crash or such thing).
Is there a way to force fetching data from IMDB in specific language. I presume that if I set that option in Settings/General for Database language it will do the trick but for example my language is not among the languages (its Serbian) there in the list and im positive that for some shows we have IMDB translations.
Thanks.
Hi cikakosta,

It depends a bit.

I believe the IMDb scraper should be able to fetch localized data depending on your computer's language setting. If it's translated within your browser, it should theoretically use the same source in ViMM.

As for TMDB and theTVDB, i don't know whether or not they actually support the language.
To test it, I've added the language to the bottom of the list (ISO code set to SR) You can download the debug build from here:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/f12kjfy1p...r.zip/file

Let me know how it goes.
(2020-05-23, 00:25)MariusTh86 Wrote: Hi cikakosta,

It depends a bit.

I believe the IMDb scraper should be able to fetch localized data depending on your computer's language setting. If it's translated within your browser, it should theoretically use the same source in ViMM.

As for TMDB and theTVDB, i don't know whether or not they actually support the language.
To test it, I've added the language to the bottom of the list (ISO code set to SR) You can download the debug build from here:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/f12kjfy1p...r.zip/file

Let me know how it goes.
Hey @MariusTh86 , it appears that your suggestion worked, now I see correct titles for the movies but not for the shows as you mentioned that for the shows tvdb is used for source. Is it possible to have option to choose IMDB as a source for TvShows?

Btw, not related to this build as it happened to the previous too is FanartTV failed connection. Bunch of covers are downloaded as an empty file of just a few bytes. Is that issue on FanartTV?
Unless something changed with their API, it's probably the FanartTV servers. Things seem to currently be working on my end, so I think it might be their servers. Let me know if this continues.

IMDb information is used for both Movies and TV Shows, and for the most part should be the 'preferred' option. (Use IMDb unless it's not available or another option seems better.)
Cool, thanks for the info! I will keep you posted if there are still issues with fantartTV Smile
Just trying this for the first time, every time I open the app it does so with an error pop up box saying the App installed with a fault . Have deleted and reinstalled it a few times with the same result, I did try clicking continue and got it to list all my content but it started crashing ,or recommending I quit. I can remove all the files in the "fix" , except the one in terminal , after I bring the file up in terminal it says this operation is not permitted. I then reinstall latest nightly and it installs with an error again ?
Am using High Sierra 10.13.
Google translator

Is it possible that the program can be put in Spanish?

Thank you.

Regards.
(2011-10-14, 10:23)MariusTh86 Wrote: Well, if it takes it's information from TMDb, it shouldn't be too difficult to add a section.
I've had some plans to add a music video section, i'm just not so sure about where to get information from for pieces like Youtube clips.

Either way it'll be some time in the future before i start on that. Wink

Posting from sometime in the future :-) did this ever happen? Even if it didn't do much scraping (though TheAudioDB.com seems to be a good source), just parsing a video title and letting us fill in the rest might be sufficient.
@josephzitt:
I had done some work on adding Music Videos into a new version of ViMM, which I was building from scratch. But I lost focus and put most of my development projects on hold for a while... I'm hoping to pick this back up eventually. Especially since I recently learned that TheTVDB is making big changes to their API, and I might need to look for a replacement.

@kevylluma:
I would love to include Spanish as an option! But i'm not very good at the language myself, and i'm afraid Google Translate will do a bad job.
If you would like to help with the translation, I've uploaded two files to the link below.
With the 'Lingua App' you can edit the 'ViMM Spanish.xojo_locale' file and add your own translations, if you could then send the edited file back to me or email it to [email protected], I'll release a new build right away!

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/m6rbgd4fruut2/Languages

Let me know if you run into any problems

@ontap:
I'm not really certain what is going wrong, or why. If possible, could you send me the error logs from ViMM?
I've uploaded an experimental 'universal' build for ARM/M1 Mac owners. It also includes a few minor fixes for some big problems. So please let me know how it works!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5jqormoh7...l.zip/file
Hi, I've got a vexing problem with an old TV series, Combat!.  The nfo information and episode thumbs are getting all mixed up.  I went through the first season and painfully made sure each episode video was correctly labeled by episode, and deleted all the existing nfos and episode jpgs.  Still I'm getting mixup.

I finally realized that it has to do with aired vs. DVD episode numbers.  For instance, S01E01 "Forgotten Front", gets all the correct info and image.  It's DVD order happens to be #6 (on thetvdb.com).  Now when it gets to S01E06 "Missing in Action", the files get the correct name, but the actual info and image are for S01E01 again.

This is puzzling, but I'll bet Marius has a solution!
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
  • 157(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!19