• 100(current)
Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support
Is it possible to have the extension for Radar etc when running CoreELEC (Matrix 19.3) when your OS is read-only?  If so what is the procedure?

TIA
@gregeeh

It's possible, just a bit more fiddly.  & depends on the skin you use.

If you use the default, Estuary, then I guess that skin lives in an unwriteable area.  Thus you would first need to SSH in to your box and remount the appropriate partition as writeable - something like:

bash:
mount -o remount,rw /storage

(I don't have access to me CE box right this moment, to check which actual folder you'd need to remount, sorry). 

And then run the skin patcher from my repo and it should work fine (you could add the remount command to your autostart.sh or similar if you're not worried about the security implications).

If you use any of the other supported skins, you can just run the skin patcher as is as those live in a write-able area already.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
@bossanova808  - Would copying the read-only estuary directory to /storage/.kodi/userdata | renaming the folder | renaming the addon and ID | copying the files to the new estuary directory | selecting the new skin you just created work?
Yes, it should.  Let me know!  (But then you won't get skin updates as you'll be maintaining your own version).
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Quote:But then you won't get skin updates as you'll be maintaining your own version
A small script plus cron should fix that.
I suppose so but not sure that adds up to easier....your call of course....if you go that path, then don't update MyWeather.xml etc of course.  Good luck!
(2021-11-04, 03:54)bossanova808 Wrote: I suppose so but not sure that adds up to easier....your call of course....if you go that path, then don't update MyWeather.xml etc of course.  Good luck!

Just copied the estuary directory to the addons directory, inserted your files and the Radar etc is now all working.

So I have a directory containing all your XML files and the script will copy the stock estuary directory to the addons directory and then your files, overwriting the necessary files like MyWeather.xml and VideoFullScreen.xml.  Sound right?
Yes sounds right.  Just don't overwrite your changed addon.xml when you copy over Estuary each time
(2021-11-04, 06:37)bossanova808 Wrote: Just don't overwrite your changed addon.xml when you copy over Estuary each time

Thanks, forgot about that.  Smile
Ya - as have I, many times, with add on dev etc.  It's easy to forget!

Enjoy your radars!  Here in Melbourne they've been fun to watch with all the endless storms/rain lately!!
Do you know a command that will reload the skin that I can add to the bottom of my script?  I can restart kodi, but just reloading the skin would be better.
You can use kodi_send.py to send an action, I guess (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...di-send.py) ...but I have bound it to a key on my remote (<seven>ReloadSkin()</seven>) so I can do it whenever I want easily...
(2021-11-04, 07:10)bossanova808 Wrote: You can use kodi_send.py to send an action, I guess (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...di-send.py) ...but I have bound it to a key on my remote (<seven>ReloadSkin()</seven>) so I can do it whenever I want easily...

FWIW - Here's what the skin update script that gets executed daily by cron looks like:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
rsync -a --exclude 'addon.xml' --exclude 'MyWeather.xml' --exclude 'VideoFullScreen.xml' /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.estuary/ /storage/.kodi/addons/skin.estuary-mod/
/usr/bin/python /usr/bin/kodi-send -a ReloadSkin
Great - I might add that to the Wiki as another option for folks using CE + Estuary specifically.
Getting the following error when trying to set a WeatherZone Fallback location after entering a postcode.

Error
  • 100(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support5