• 68(current)
[MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6
(2013-04-29, 08:08)wgards8 Wrote: Found a few bugs for you.

Weather is listed on home screen even when disabled, but disappears as you scroll to the bottom of the list.

If you go to Skin>Settings>Homescreen, the second line below Customise Home Menu is blank, when you click on it top part of window is also blank.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nvu4exgdxinx7wd/HPY3wSpRyf

p.s. Thanks for all your hard work with this skin. Really appreciate it.

Thanks for reporting. I have uploaded a new version 0.88.1 which fixes both bugs.

(2013-04-29, 18:39)dehein2 Wrote: Hi,
i always used the fanart background. It worked fine until i had a plugin problem this morning. Later the Plugin got updated, but i just have a black background in the main menu, even though "Enable Global Fanart Background" is turned on. I've tried to disable and enable it again... it doen't work.
Any tips?

Thanks
Dennis

Hmmm, it could be a cache issue, have you tried with another skin to check if you are not getting fanart backgrounds either?
Might have possibly found a bug with the latest update - when I do something using a remote (didn't test with a keyboard) after the 'Dim' screensaver turns on, I can still use XBMC but the screen remains dimmed. I don't know if this is a bug with the Skin or with the dim plugin, but I did notice the skin updated before I was having this problem (though the screensaver may have updated as well, I didn't see). I use Yatse as a remote and don't use the keyboard directly, I don't know if that will have anything to do with it, I'm not familiar with skin development. The issue goes away if I change to the confluence skin and back.

If you want me to try anything, let me know, I'll be debugging my own plugin over the next few days so it won't be hard to try stuff out.
(2013-04-30, 01:21)Paul Salem Wrote:
i always used the fanart background. It worked fine until i had a plugin problem this morning. Later the Plugin got updated, but i just have a black background in the main menu, even though "Enable Global Fanart Background" is turned on. I've tried to disable and enable it again... it doen't work.
Any tips?

Thanks
Dennis

Hmmm, it could be a cache issue, have you tried with another skin to check if you are not getting fanart backgrounds either?

Hi,
you are right i don't see any fanarts in the main menu of the confluence skin as well, but i do see fan arts when browsing movies or tv shows in the background. Any idea how to fix this?
Thanks a lot
(2013-04-30, 16:36)kuroshi Wrote: Might have possibly found a bug with the latest update - when I do something using a remote (didn't test with a keyboard) after the 'Dim' screensaver turns on, I can still use XBMC but the screen remains dimmed. I don't know if this is a bug with the Skin or with the dim plugin, but I did notice the skin updated before I was having this problem (though the screensaver may have updated as well, I didn't see). I use Yatse as a remote and don't use the keyboard directly, I don't know if that will have anything to do with it, I'm not familiar with skin development. The issue goes away if I change to the confluence skin and back.

If you want me to try anything, let me know, I'll be debugging my own plugin over the next few days so it won't be hard to try stuff out.

I am not able to reproduce it, have you tried using a standard remote?
I will try Yatse to check if I am getting the same behaviour.

(2013-04-30, 17:10)dehein2 Wrote:
Any tips?

Thanks
Dennis

Hi,
you are right i don't see any fanarts in the main menu of the confluence skin as well, but i do see fan arts when browsing movies or tv shows in the background. Any idea how to fix this?
Thanks a lot

I think the xbmc cache regenerates after certain time.
In any case you can try deleting 'databases/textures.db' from your userfolder.
(2013-04-30, 17:12)Paul Salem Wrote:
(2013-04-30, 17:10)dehein2 Wrote:
(2013-04-30, 01:21)Paul Salem Wrote: Hmmm, it could be a cache issue, have you tried with another skin to check if you are not getting fanart backgrounds either?

Hi,
Thanks a lot

I think the xbmc cache regenerates after certain time.
In any case you can try deleting 'databases/textures.db' from your userfolder.

unfortunately no success. the nes textures13.db is still significantly smaller than the old one, but i suppose thats because the thumbs are reloaded when viewing them the first time. But i still don't have pictures in the background ;(
It seems it's only possible to set specific pictures or specific directories as the background for smart playlists in the home menu?

I'm currently using Aeon Nox with several smart playlists in the main menu, and I've set it up so for each smart playlist, it displays random fanart of the items in the playlist. Is this possible with refocus BIG, did I miss something? If not: are there any plans to implement this?
(2013-04-29, 08:08)wgards8 Wrote: Found a few bugs for you.

Weather is listed on home screen even when disabled, but disappears as you scroll to the bottom of the list.

If you go to Skin>Settings>Homescreen, the second line below Customise Home Menu is blank, when you click on it top part of window is also blank.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nvu4exgdxinx7wd/HPY3wSpRyf

p.s. Thanks for all your hard work with this skin. Really appreciate it.

Thanks for reporting. I have uploaded a new version 0.88.1 which fixes both bugs.

Awesome thanks, just installed and all is fixed.
Is it possible to rearrange the order of the home menu? If not could I persuade you to add it in the next update.

Thanks again
Has anyone had trouble installing this skin? I'm using raspbmc on my raspberry pi and the install seems to fail through the repo as well as with manual install. Is there anything special I need to do to properly install the skin?
(2013-04-30, 17:12)Paul Salem Wrote:
(2013-04-30, 16:36)kuroshi Wrote: Might have possibly found a bug with the latest update - when I do something using a remote (didn't test with a keyboard) after the 'Dim' screensaver turns on, I can still use XBMC but the screen remains dimmed. I don't know if this is a bug with the Skin or with the dim plugin, but I did notice the skin updated before I was having this problem (though the screensaver may have updated as well, I didn't see). I use Yatse as a remote and don't use the keyboard directly, I don't know if that will have anything to do with it, I'm not familiar with skin development. The issue goes away if I change to the confluence skin and back.

I am not able to reproduce it, have you tried using a standard remote?
I will try Yatse to check if I am getting the same behaviour.

Yup, I'm just really bad. I didn't do the one thing I always tell everyone else to do: reboot the computer. It's fine, dunno what happened, but it's fine now. Buh.

Sorry for wasting your time, but thanks for looking into it.

Oh yes, and thanks for making a great skin!
Hi Paul, thanks for your work on reFocus. Got a few alignment fixes and some design suggestions for the OSD menu if you are interested.

[FIX] Includes.xml (line 1146) - Alignment of network/studio logo in OSD
Code:
            <control type="image" id="9969">
                <posx>16</posx>
                <posy>36</posy>
                <width>128</width>
                <height>48</height>
                <texture fallback="empty">$VAR[flag_Studio.player]</texture>
                <aspectratio align="center">keep</aspectratio>
                <visible>!VideoPlayer.Content(movies)</visible>
            </control>
            <control type="image" id="9979">
                <posx>16</posx>
                <posy>36</posy>
                <width>128</width>
                <height>48</height>
                <texture>$VAR[flag_Studio.player_alt]</texture>
                <visible>StringCompare(Control.GetLabel(9969),empty) + !VideoPlayer.Content(movies)</visible>
            </control>
            <control type="image" id="9989">
                <posx>16</posx>
                <posy>30</posy>
                <width>128</width>
                <height>64</height>
                <texture>$VAR[flag_Studio.player]</texture>
                <visible>VideoPlayer.Content(movies)</visible>
            </control>
            <control type="image" id="9997">
                <posx>16</posx>
                <posy>30</posy>
                <width>128</width>
                <height>64</height>
                <texture>$VAR[flag_Studio.player_alt]</texture>
                <visible>StringCompare(Control.GetLabel(9989),empty) + VideoPlayer.Content(movies)</visible>
            </control>

[FIX] MyVideoNav.xml (line 498) - Alignment of network/studio logo in Slide Views
Code:
            <control type="image" id="88788">
                <posx>46</posx>
                <posy>560</posy>
                <width>128</width>
                <height>64</height>
                <texture fallback="empty">$VAR[flag_Studio]</texture>
            </control>
            <control type="image" id="88988">
                <posx>46</posx>
                <posy>560</posy>
                <width>128</width>
                <height>64</height>
                <texture fallback="empty">$VAR[flag_Studio_alt]</texture>
                <visible>StringCompare(Control.GetLabel(88788),empty)</visible>
            </control>

[BUG] Settings \ Skin \ OSD
Empty line below "Use Logo"

Thanks!
#1 below (weather display fix) doesn't seem fixed in recent git builds. Can it get implemented? Not a big deal but nice to take care of...

thanks.

(2013-02-11, 13:03)Paul Salem Wrote:
(2013-02-04, 21:33)midblue Wrote: Hi all - I decided to go ahead and fix a few issues I was observing with this skin. Paul, could you take a look at these sometime and consider including them in the repo?
  1. First, a fix for the weather item on the home menu. Currently, when the weather item is highlighted, the current conditions displayed are displayed in the status bar, but they are overlaid on top of the library status count, making it unreadable. Also, there are a few spurious "\95" strings in the current conditions, I removed them. Here is the fix: http://pastebin.com/Mkh85eg0
  2. Currently, if the user highlights the "Settings" item on the home screen, it will change the item "weather" to display the current condition instead, e.g. "27° in wilmington". If anything else is selected such as videos, movies, tvshows, it just displays as "weather". This is inconsistent - I am taking a leap here, but I believe the intention is that the weather item should always display the current conditions, unless it is highlighted, then it should display as "weather". Here is the fix: http://pastebin.com/LJvKSkNf
  3. Currently, if you use tvshow season folders (e.g. show_name/season 01/episode.mkv) then clearart will not display properly on the reFocus BIG or reAlaska OSD for a tvshow when paused. Here is the fix: http://pastebin.com/RrQuFEPR
  4. Currently, if you use tvshow season folders, and you use the "Gallery" viewtype for tv episodes, the background will only display the main fanart rather than cycling through the extrafanart, regardless if "use extrafanart on gallery views" setting is enabled. Here is the fix: http://pastebin.com/qFQESCL9

I have been using these changes for a few days now, no problems observed. Hope this helps somebody out!

Edit: Forgot to mention but the issues were observed with the latest from the repo on Frodo (Openelec 2.99.2)

Thanks for those fixes on 1 and 3. As for the rest,

2) The weather only shows the current condition on the main menu when widgets are not displayed, that is for not overlapping with the widgets items name and description. If you disable the widgets, the current weather conditions will be always displayed when selecting any main menu option, videos, tvshows, etc.

4) The extrafanart on the gallery view is displayed on the fanart frame only.

I have added the 0.87.1 version to the github repo. Feel free to post issues there as it will be easier to track them.
Also, possible merge requests will be appreciated. Thanks for the all feedback.
Thank you for adding custom home items!

How difficult would it be to add sorting to the home items? I use smart playlists for all my home items, currently my list looks like this;

settings
3d
movies
tv shows
anime
navi-x

I'd like to put settings at the bottom. Or if I hid settings on the main menu, is there a way to get it back with the remote or via SSH?
You can change the order within the scope of the 5 home custom items by creating them in the desired order.

For instance in your example:

Step 1
Code:
take
movies
tv shows
from the regular home menu.

Step 2
Code:
create custom items in your desired order for
3d
anime
navi-x
settings (create this last and it will show last in your home menu)

Step 3 (optional)
Code:
disable any regular home menu item you don't need, e.g. weather
(2013-04-30, 18:03)dehein2 Wrote: unfortunately no success. the nes textures13.db is still significantly smaller than the old one, but i suppose thats because the thumbs are reloaded when viewing them the first time. But i still don't have pictures in the background ;(

Are you still having this issue? Sadly I don't know what it can be the reason. As it is not specific to the skin you can try posting on other support thread. My guess is that it must be something related to the textures.

(2013-04-30, 18:03)tomska Wrote: It seems it's only possible to set specific pictures or specific directories as the background for smart playlists in the home menu?

I'm currently using Aeon Nox with several smart playlists in the main menu, and I've set it up so for each smart playlist, it displays random fanart of the items in the playlist. Is this possible with refocus BIG, did I miss something? If not: are there any plans to implement this?

That's nice to know, thanks. I will look into it to have it implemented on a next version.

(2013-04-30, 18:48)wgards8 Wrote: Awesome thanks, just installed and all is fixed.
Is it possible to rearrange the order of the home menu? If not could I persuade you to add it in the next update.

Thanks again

Currently it is not possible to rearrange the order of the home menu.
I can give it a thought though for future versions.

(2013-04-30, 21:48)AznRiceBoi Wrote: Has anyone had trouble installing this skin? I'm using raspbmc on my raspberry pi and the install seems to fail through the repo as well as with manual install. Is there anything special I need to do to properly install the skin?

I don't have a raspberry pi but hopefully someone will be able to help you.

(2013-05-01, 13:31)cruse Wrote: Hi Paul, thanks for your work on reFocus. Got a few alignment fixes and some design suggestions for the OSD menu if you are interested.

[FIX] Includes.xml (line 1146) - Alignment of network/studio logo in OSD

[FIX] MyVideoNav.xml (line 498) - Alignment of network/studio logo in Slide Views

[BUG] Settings \ Skin \ OSD
Empty line below "Use Logo"

Thanks!

Thanks a lot. I have already uploaded a new version with these changes.

(2013-05-02, 16:17)freshmikeb Wrote: #1 below (weather display fix) doesn't seem fixed in recent git builds. Can it get implemented? Not a big deal but nice to take care of...

thanks.

(2013-02-04, 21:33)midblue Wrote: Hi all - I decided to go ahead and fix a few issues I was observing with this skin. Paul, could you take a look at these sometime and consider including them in the repo?
  1. First, a fix for the weather item on the home menu. Currently, when the weather item is highlighted, the current conditions displayed are displayed in the status bar, but they are overlaid on top of the library status count, making it unreadable. Also, there are a few spurious "\95" strings in the current conditions, I removed them. Here is the fix: http://pastebin.com/Mkh85eg0

I have been using these changes for a few days now, no problems observed. Hope this helps somebody out!

Edit: Forgot to mention but the issues were observed with the latest from the repo on Frodo (Openelec 2.99.2)

The weather overlapping the library stats bug should be already fixed.
The '/95' strings, I have just removed them on the GIT version.

(2013-05-02, 16:22)spjonez Wrote: Thank you for adding custom home items!

How difficult would it be to add sorting to the home items? I use smart playlists for all my home items, currently my list looks like this;

settings
3d
movies
tv shows
anime
navi-x

I'd like to put settings at the bottom. Or if I hid settings on the main menu, is there a way to get it back with the remote or via SSH?

That's currently not possible. I'd suggest to follow Cruse's advice above.
(2013-04-30, 21:48)AznRiceBoi Wrote: Has anyone had trouble installing this skin? I'm using raspbmc on my raspberry pi and the install seems to fail through the repo as well as with manual install. Is there anything special I need to do to properly install the skin?

I'm having the same issue. I got an update notification and when I tried to update the skin via repo, it didn't work. Rather, it ended up screwing my current skin installation. I was able to download the skin manually from GIT and install it but even though it shows the correct version, it still shows update available notification and updating via XBMC or even downloading skin via XBMC isn't working for me.
  • 68(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.615