• 6(current)
Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread
Well I got some input from the main Nox thread and checked out some actual movie posters. They feature studios, rating, audio quality, video quality (if it's a 3D movie), website (redundant), soundtrack (unusable) and obviously cast etc (not necessary). I figured I'd use what was relevant and try to keep it as minimal as possible. A balance between simplicity and authenticity is my focus for this view.

With the logos and artwork chosen, you can get all the info you need at a glance and a trailer with the click of a button. Any more detail required by the user is all under the info button. Also, if 3D titles are added nothing will change:

For the time being at least I think I'll settle for this. I'm not %100 on the right side logos, I may reposition them slightly. I guess an argument could be made for release dates as all the movies on your home setup are obviously archived. It just conflicts with my original concept I suppose.

Oh, I still need some assistance with the problem in post #74 if anyone can help.

Edit: Just figured it out. Being forced to do it myself actually turned out to be a good thing. It's starting to make sense Big Grin
Hello,

i would like to have back the good old option "Pressing down on scrollbar activates fullscreen fanart" in Showcase View
which xml-files do i have to modify and does anyone an idea how to hide the covers in this view?

thx for answers
does the mod to play movie trailers when u press up still work with the latest version of the skin Deano316?
(2012-07-01, 17:16)Deano316 Wrote: Just tweaked the official landscape logo view, changed imdb logo and swapped resolution for source. Also added custom taglines as sometimes the ones on imdb are either too long or just don't do it for me. It's a bit of a chore editing taglines as it's a strictly manual task, but the end result is worth it. Haven't removed the tooltip yet as this is from the SVN version of Nox (I have two different versions on my machine) but it's a simple fix worth doing. Here's a few pics using the star wars saga as an example:

Will post the fix later for those of you that want it.

yes please post up, i'd also like the press UP for trailer option as well.

-=Jason=-
(2012-07-04, 01:29)Shinu Wrote: does the mod to play movie trailers when u press up still work with the latest version of the skin Deano316?

Yeah it still works, but added to the GIT version of the skin is push down for trailer in kiosk mode. So it's kind of up to you now if you add up as well. I did because I really don't need the infopanel. Code to follow....
Okay guys, needed to get a little sleep but now here is the code for the changes to ratings flag and source. Copy and paste this over lines 247-282 in Viewtype_Landscape .xml:

Code:
<control type="group">
                <animation effect="slide" start="0" end="1380" reversible="true" condition="Container.Content(tvshows)">Conditional</animation>
                    <control type="image">
                        <posy>1</posy>
                        <width>224</width>
                        <posx>270</posx>
                        <include>AudioFlagsVars</include>
                        <texture fallback="flags/rating/info/MPAA_NR_Certificate_US.png">$VAR[RatingFlagVar,flags/rating/info/,.png]</texture>
                        <label fallback="?">$INFO[ListItem.Rating]</label>
                        <visible>Container.Content(movies)</visible>
                    </control>
                    <control type="image">
                        <posy>1</posy>
                        <width>224</width>
                        <posx>270</posx>
                        <texture fallback="flags/rating/MPAA_NR_Certificate_US.png">$VAR[RatingFlagVar,flags/rating/,.png]</texture>
                        <label fallback="?">$INFO[ListItem.Rating]</label>
                        <visible>!Container.Content(movies)</visible>
                    </control>
                </control>
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>1725</posx>
                    <posy>0</posy>
                    <texture>$VAR[AudioFlagVar,flags/audio/,.png]</texture>
                    <visible>!ListItem.IsFolder</visible>
                </control>
                <control type="image">
                    <description>Audio Flags</description>
                    <posx>1440</posx>
                    <posy>0</posy>
                    <texture>$VAR[SourceFlagVar,flags/source/,.png]</texture>
                    <visible>!ListItem.IsFolder</visible>
                </control>

The code for one-click trailer is unchanged from post #32. Here's the tooltip mod to save you trawling for it. Remove this line from includes_media.xml:

Code:
<include>Media_Menu_Tooltip</include>

Then from myvideonav.xml, around line 71/72 depending on your version of Nox, Remove the following:

Code:
| Control.IsVisible(503)

Then set infopanel to "on" in the viewtype settings.

All being well if you switch to Kiosk mode, the controls in this view should be left/right to browse, up/down for trailer.

Don't forget to alter the gradient, otherwise the trailer can be a bit too obscured at the bottom IMO. So, in Includes_Viewtypes.xml, search for "views/logo_back.png", around line 636 and copy and paste the following:

Code:
<animation effect="slide" end="0,100" time="400" condition="Player.HasVideo">Conditional</animation>

Bear in mind that the line number may go up or down a few with the daily revisions, but should be relatively the same. Also, once you've successfully altered your xmls, keep a copy of them elsewhere so that if the skin gets updated you can just copy and paste them back in.

The code posted is not all mine, it was achieved with help from Big_Noid, phil65, CutSickAss and deflou. A quick mention also goes to thrak76 for posting it here in the first place, great work buddy. Thanks for all your help so far guys, you've always been swift with any help and have taught me a lot. I don't have any grand delusions about ending up a skilled coder/skinner, but hopefully will be able to tweak a few things here and there to mod for myself and others.

So here's where you should end up:

I think it's worth checking your nfos and altering/tidying the taglines and source, really finishes it off.Cool

Now I think I've covered everything, if there's anything I've missed let me know and I'll alter accordingly. Now, I'm going to mess around with the fonts...........Tongue
Hi guys,

I like to use the big fan viewtype for my movies and I was wondering how i would change the flags on the bottom right to show the UK certificate onstead of the screen size e.g 480 and remove the audio flag. Any help would be great.
i did the mod Deano316, but i can't see the video that's playing in the background. there's no video window for the landscape view now. is it supposed to be like that?
(2012-07-04, 17:10)Shinu Wrote: i did the mod Deano316, but i can't see the video that's playing in the background. there's no video window for the landscape view now. is it supposed to be like that?

No, although that did happen to me the first time I tried it. It may be due to the order you place the fixes as they have been collected over a few weeks and as you know Nox changes daily. Would you like me to post any of my .xmls as a comparison?
(2012-07-04, 16:46)dave2384 Wrote: Hi guys,

I like to use the big fan viewtype for my movies and I was wondering how i would change the flags on the bottom right to show the UK certificate onstead of the screen size e.g 480 and remove the audio flag. Any help would be great.

Leave it with me. It will take me a little while as I'm have to surrender the pc to the family fairly soon Confused If you're prepared to wait til later tonight/tomorrow I'm happy to take a look.
(2012-07-04, 18:03)Deano316 Wrote:
(2012-07-04, 17:10)Shinu Wrote: i did the mod Deano316, but i can't see the video that's playing in the background. there's no video window for the landscape view now. is it supposed to be like that?

No, although that did happen to me the first time I tried it. It may be due to the order you place the fixes as they have been collected over a few weeks and as you know Nox changes daily. Would you like me to post any of my .xmls as a comparison?

that would be great. thx.
Not sure if this is skin related or xbmc or my system. But I've downloaded logos and named them logo.png and put them in the root directory of my movies. They don't seem to load. but if I go to info artwork and select logo it shows up fine.

Any idea?
(2012-07-04, 18:08)Shinu Wrote:

that would be great. thx.

Which one? Huh
(2012-07-04, 16:46)dave2384 Wrote: Hi guys,

Leave it with me. It will take me a little while as I'm have to surrender the pc to the family fairly soon Confused If you're prepared to wait til later tonight/tomorrow I'm happy to take a look.

Wow, that would be great, thank you for taking the time to look into this Smile

@shinu: I'll post them all, it would be easier. ETA a couple of hours.

@flomaster: You may be better off posting in the main thread unless your problem is strictly mod related.

@dave2384: No problem, I'll take a look after work.

Out of interest guys, the tagline font was bothering me so I'm in the process of changing it. Would like to know what you think so far? Below are a few before and after pics, bear in mind it's only the tagline FONT which has been changed:

I still have to play around with font size, upper or lower case and the placement of the existing logos. Just wanted some initial impressions?
for the trailer mod I don't seem to have a includes_media.xml I have includes_MediaMenu.xml and includes_MediaFlags.xml I found that tool_tip line in the MediaMenu.xml and on my MyVideoNav.xml line 66 looks like this
Code:
<visible>Control.IsVisible(513) | Control.IsVisible(509)</visible
do I remove only the second portion from "| Control.IsVisble(509)"

-=Jason=-
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread8