OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
(2013-03-01, 17:05)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-03-01, 15:55)rbej Wrote: I give command

cat /proc/sys/vm/swappiness

and i get value 1

I'm currently testing a image from sraue which doesn't have swappiness enabled.
If yours has it set to 1, then that sounds good.

I mentioned it here and on git. Because swap was in right up to RC3 and then it got taken out for some reason I do not know why specifically because 256MB actually needs it under particular circumstances to keep it running out of ram and restart XBMC (which already have been discussed there are other tricks, but they hurt the system in other ways and swap is the only solid solution) and it doesn't hurt the 512MB version at all as someone else said. Contrary. milhouseVH gave was really nice and gave a somewhat reason but nothing from sraue. (look under issues)
Anyway I suppose rbej just kept it? Smile

It should all be fixable though with a simple cmdline.txt parameter, detection or simply including the system so swapon command is available?. The wear and tear of cards I really don't believe with that number of swapiness plus I have cards that have really been missused for stuff like this and worse that are 4-5 yeats old and function fine.

Lets hope sraue has something up his sleeve. Users are confused because swap is enabled in every other distos and most builds between RC2 and 3 which one might think could hurt OE when users do not understand why it's working on another distro and abandon.

Edit: wow sorry for the long rant guys. And thanks for your work.

Messages In This Thread
MythTV PVR: No Video - by hkramski - 2012-11-13, 20:32
Cumulative Small Skip forward ... - by xandy - 2013-02-03, 15:46
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - by tuxen - 2013-03-06, 09:45
:00 - by Koloss - 2013-07-14, 12:09
RE: :00 - by popcornmix - 2013-07-14, 12:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12