• 23(current)
IPTVSimple PVR-addon with XMLTV EGP
(2013-09-10, 17:24)traflaz Wrote: A strm file, I haven't thought of that! But I tried it and still it doesn't work.

I can set my server as a video source, and the strm file will play without problems.
But with the IPTVSimple plugin there's still the same problem: I can't have a double playlist type setup. It seem the links in the main playlist needs to point directly to the media, not another playlist.

I'm seeing maybe two solutions here:
a) Tell the XBMC CPlayerSelectionRule "this is a playlist, reopen it". Not sure how to do that...
b) Add an option in IPTVSimple to read the content of .strm files instead of just passing the link. This is extra work for afedchin, which I wanted to avoid.

just chipping in my 2 cents...

hls/m3u8 links play fine using the iptv-plugin, provided the source of the stream is ok. i've been using several m3u8 links without problems for months now. the plugin (and xbmc for that matter) aren't interested in the m3u8 bit. they pay attention to the http/rtmp/rtsp part of the link, hence plugin:// links not working within the plugin or pvr section of xbmc. as long as xbmc gets the next chunk of the hls playlist from the streamer the stream should play just fine and a "reopening" of the playlist isn't needed. if xbmc doesn't get the next chunk, the stream dies and has to be selected again by the user.

as for reading the content of a .strm file...a .strm file doesn't contain anything more than the link you would normally just add to your iptv plugins playlist, thus making the plugin be able to read a .strm file kind of pointless. if the .strm file contained a plugin:// link (which is what i'm guessing the idea here is) it still wouldn't get played by xbmcs pvr unless that option was made possible by the pvr coders.
(2013-09-11, 08:22)thatguy7669 Wrote:
(2013-09-10, 17:24)traflaz Wrote: A strm file, I haven't thought of that! But I tried it and still it doesn't work.

I can set my server as a video source, and the strm file will play without problems.
But with the IPTVSimple plugin there's still the same problem: I can't have a double playlist type setup. It seem the links in the main playlist needs to point directly to the media, not another playlist.

I'm seeing maybe two solutions here:
a) Tell the XBMC CPlayerSelectionRule "this is a playlist, reopen it". Not sure how to do that...
b) Add an option in IPTVSimple to read the content of .strm files instead of just passing the link. This is extra work for afedchin, which I wanted to avoid.

just chipping in my 2 cents...

hls/m3u8 links play fine using the iptv-plugin, provided the source of the stream is ok. i've been using several m3u8 links without problems for months now. the plugin (and xbmc for that matter) aren't interested in the m3u8 bit. they pay attention to the http/rtmp/rtsp part of the link, hence plugin:// links not working within the plugin or pvr section of xbmc. as long as xbmc gets the next chunk of the hls playlist from the streamer the stream should play just fine and a "reopening" of the playlist isn't needed. if xbmc doesn't get the next chunk, the stream dies and has to be selected again by the user.

as for reading the content of a .strm file...a .strm file doesn't contain anything more than the link you would normally just add to your iptv plugins playlist, thus making the plugin be able to read a .strm file kind of pointless. if the .strm file contained a plugin:// link (which is what i'm guessing the idea here is) it still wouldn't get played by xbmcs pvr unless that option was made possible by the pvr coders.
I tried a m3u8 playlist. I guess I'm missing something because it didn't work. I have working examples, but I could replicate it myself (with what I'm trying to do).

Also actually, I'm trying to work around the "plugin://" thing, since I can't make it work. Instead of using a plugin, I made a php script to generate a stream link, with all the authentication and session id and whatnot. It's the same thing basically. (I mentioned this a few post back, but I understand how it could be missed in the pile of posts). The link I generate is just like the plugin's, but I can't find a way to send it via IPTVSimple.

To recapitulate:
1) At home: Apache server with php. (192.168.1.120)
2) On that server: iplayer.strm with php script. When accessed, a link is generated. (The link works, I tested it)
3) In the IPTVSimple playlist:
Code:
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1 tvg-shift=0 tvg-id="I56.2080.microsoft.com" tvg-name="BBC_One" tvg-logo="bbc_one" group-title="UK",BBC One
http://192.168.1.120/iplayer.strm
4) ? ? ?
5) Profit? Well, not right now.
hello!
I have apple tv 2 xbmc
i need help. 1.6 iptv addon ..
it does not work with apple tv.
structure is always error.
it only works with windows at me.
is there a possibility it to the apple tv 2
instalation?

thank you
Can someone tell me if his records as well?
(2013-09-13, 08:13)faust71 Wrote: hello!
I have apple tv 2 xbmc
instalation?

thank you
Please provide the log file.

(2013-09-13, 09:43)erhan75 Wrote: Can someone tell me if his records as well?
No. It doesn't support recording.
I have apple tv 2 xbmc
instalation?

thank you

You need 0.1.1 version for apple tv to work
(2013-09-13, 10:39)dani12o82 Wrote:
I have apple tv 2 xbmc
instalation?

thank you

You need 0.1.1 version for apple tv to work

thank you
where can I find it to download?
Wait for @afedchin to answer you, I don't know. It was on the first page
@faust71,
Please don't use old versions. The new version can be obtained with the latest xbmc nightly.
where can I find them? I 'm no expert . at github I've just downloaded the new version . does not work. addon has no proper structure . can I download it directly to apple tv 2
The new version is in Gothem (xbmc 13) that is in Alpha stage, if you use Frodo (xbmc 12), version is 0.1.1 as i know
frodo! where can I get the version 0.1.1
I only found one in Russian.
I want the Serbian channels, or can I use the Russian
overwrite?
No more support for raspberry?? I have the 0.1.1 for raspbmc and openelec but I can not find an updated version..

Sad
Hi,
i'm using IPTV Simple 1.8.0 in xbmc alpha 7. I've an issue when i try to update the m3u playlist. I'm trying to update my playlist adding and modify channels but it seems that the addon doesn't read directly the file but loads from cache or something like that. Actually, I modified the file, but updates are not visible on channels list screen.

Can i solve this issue?
Thanks
(2013-09-14, 15:16)faust71 Wrote: frodo! where can I get the version 0.1.1
I only found one in Russian.
I want the Serbian channels, or can I use the Russian
overwrite?
You can use any channels what you want.

(2013-09-14, 22:52)panico Wrote: No more support for raspberry?? I have the 0.1.1 for raspbmc and openelec but I can not find an updated version..

Sad
Please, use the lastest openelec. Since version 3.1.0 the openelec includes lastest version of addon.

(2013-09-16, 01:23)borexino Wrote: Hi,
i'm using IPTV Simple 1.8.0 in xbmc alpha 7. I've an issue when i try to update the m3u playlist. I'm trying to update my playlist adding and modify channels but it seems that the addon doesn't read directly the file but loads from cache or something like that. Actually, I modified the file, but updates are not visible on channels list screen.

Can i solve this issue?
Thanks
Try update addon to 1.8.1. version. The lastest xbmc nightly already include lastest version or try reset TV database in settings.
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IPTVSimple PVR-addon with XMLTV EGP14