• 12(current)
[Archive] Arctic
I really like your skin.

One thing I wanted was to have the seekbar buffer progress. So in DialogSeekBar.xml I added some stuff to get it to work because I noticed the .png files for the cache bar. This is what I added.

</control>
<control type="progress">
<posx>480</posx>
<posy>254</posy>
<width>960</width>
<height>20</height>
<info>Player.Progress</info>
<reveal>true</reveal>
<texturebg>osd/fullscreen/progress/back.png</texturebg>
<midtexture>osd/fullscreen/progress/mid.png</midtexture>
<lefttexture>osd/fullscreen/progress/left.png</lefttexture>
<righttexture>osd/fullscreen/progress/right.png</righttexture>
<overlaytexture>-</overlaytexture>
</control>
<control type="progress">
<posx>480</posx>
<posy>254</posy>
<width>960</width>
<height>20</height>
<info>Player.ProgressCache</info>
<reveal>true</reveal>
<texturebg>osd/fullscreen/progress/cache-back.png</texturebg>
<midtexture>osd/fullscreen/progress/cache-mid.png</midtexture>
<lefttexture>osd/fullscreen/progress/cache-left.png</lefttexture>
<righttexture>osd/fullscreen/progress/cache-right.png</righttexture>
<overlaytexture>-</overlaytexture>

The bottom ProgressCache part I hope your ok with this. This is my first post in any forum ever so if I do something wrong tell me. Thanks
(2013-08-31, 09:19)SmithersJ0nes Wrote: Great skin. I've moved from ReFocus Big and have an issue with the poster shown when pausing a TV show. If I am watching an episode from Breaking Bad Series 3 for example, if I pause or press "I" for info the poster shown is the default poster for the series, not the poster for series 3, happens with all TV. Im wondering if your skin only looks for that file as in this variable (I think??)

Any help would be appreciated, keep up the good work.
Thanks Smile

No, nothing wrong with your naming convention - the skin just doesn't look for local artwork files, it only uses artwork from the xbmc database. Unfortunately, afaik season posters in the database can't currently be accessed from the videoplayer, they can only be accessed from library views. In the latest git version I've added a control for the seekbar that looks for local season posters using the seasonXX-poster.jpg naming scheme. Should be on the skin development repo in the next couple of days.

(2013-08-31, 15:43)jskube Wrote: Really enjoy your spin off of Xperience1080.

I like how you have made it so all of the home screen objects customizable; is there a possibility that we can customize the Live TV object? I really prefer the EPG view over the the channel view and it would be nice if I could modify the default through the skin versus modifying the code. I know most of the XBMC pvr stuff is in its infancy so this may not be an option.
Yeah that's a good idea. In the latest git version I added an option to switch the default between EPG and TV Channels. "Skin Settings > Home > Live TV opens". Also, thank-you very much for the donation! I really appreciate it Big Grin

(2013-08-31, 22:43)Nacker1776 Wrote: I really like your skin.

One thing I wanted was to have the seekbar buffer progress. So in DialogSeekBar.xml I added some stuff to get it to work because I noticed the .png files for the cache bar. This is what I added.
Thanks Smile

I must of removed it at one stage when I was moving the osd/seekbar around and forgot to put it back in. I've added it back in the latest git version. BTW, the cache bar should go before the progress bar..
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
I love this skin, great work! After trying so many skins I finally settled on this. I must admit though, I like skin.xperience1080-arctic more than skin.arctic. The lack of the metro(?) view is a dealbreaker for me Sad.

In skin-xperience1080-arctic, how do I make the background picture more visible and lower the visibility of the white layer in front of the background? I was looking through the .xml's but couldn't find it.
It's funny, I know a lot of people love the metro screen but I find it really clunky to negotiate. Just preference but just wanted to say I love the two home page views and the customisation of the panels and removal of the metro was the deal maker for me. Also the straight to lyrics in the same style as the scrolling text that I requested has come to life!! I had movement when I saw it!
(2013-09-01, 05:25)jurialmunkey Wrote: No, nothing wrong with your naming convention - the skin just doesn't look for local artwork files, it only uses artwork from the xbmc database. Unfortunately, afaik season posters in the database can't currently be accessed from the videoplayer, they can only be accessed from library views. In the latest git version I've added a control for the seekbar that looks for local season posters using the seasonXX-poster.jpg naming scheme. Should be on the skin development repo in the next couple of days.

That's great, thanks for looking into it I'll keep my eye out for the update.
I don't know if this is just a problem with me or not. Both my ubuntu pc and windows pc have the same problem.

When I go to movie information and get artwork and try to download the art I get a script error. Here is my log.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=53314

When I use the menu and download the missing art it works. It just doesn't get disc art. I've tried other skins and they seem to work fine. Not sure why.
Thanks.
Wonderful skin! I've switched from Aeon Nox to this one on my bedroom PC. I've got a request and a question.

1. I've downloaded the 1080p weather fanart, and I have that set on the home screen. However, in Aeon Nox, there was an option to use conditional based fanart. This way, if it's rainy out, it will show you rainy pictures, and not sunny ones etc. Can we get this option added in so that I don't have pictures of snow when it's hot outside? Smile

2. I would like my home screen items for Movies and TV Shows to have cycling fanart for each. I'm not sure how to get that setup. I tried going to multi image, and then point to my movie directory, but that didn't work. I use a mysql database, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not. Is this possible?
thegamesdb.net - An open video games database.
scottbrant.net - Blog
Updated Textures.xbt
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30382/Textures.xbt
(2013-09-01, 18:46)ghostelement Wrote: Wonderful skin! I've switched from Aeon Nox to this one on my bedroom PC. I've got a request and a question.

1. I've downloaded the 1080p weather fanart, and I have that set on the home screen. However, in Aeon Nox, there was an option to use conditional based fanart. This way, if it's rainy out, it will show you rainy pictures, and not sunny ones etc. Can we get this option added in so that I don't have pictures of snow when it's hot outside? Smile

2. I would like my home screen items for Movies and TV Shows to have cycling fanart for each. I'm not sure how to get that setup. I tried going to multi image, and then point to my movie directory, but that didn't work. I use a mysql database, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not. Is this possible?

The option is there but within the Weather settings context menu, you have to activate fanart first and then point to the fanart location. For cycling fanart on the home page I've used the artwork organiser addon http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=109304 for movies and tvshows and then pointed multi image to those locations, works perfectly.
(2013-09-01, 19:22)Cassiel Wrote: Updated Textures.xbt

Total noob question here, but what exactly does this do? Or what is updated in this?
scottbrant.net - Blog
(2013-09-02, 02:22)ghostelement Wrote:

Total noob question here, but what exactly does this do? Or what is updated in this?

I understand it goes in the skins media folder and is a compressed file for the .png media files. I guess used for different themes?
(2013-09-01, 10:34)Crypdos Wrote: I love this skin, great work! After trying so many skins I finally settled on this. I must admit though, I like skin.xperience1080-arctic more than skin.arctic. The lack of the metro(?) view is a dealbreaker for me Sad.

In skin-xperience1080-arctic, how do I make the background picture more visible and lower the visibility of the white layer in front of the background? I was looking through the .xml's but couldn't find it.
Yeah metro wont be coming back. You need to edit the colour theme xmls in the colors/ directory (not 1080i). You are looking for Mod_Overlay_Floor and Mod_Overlay_Dimfanart. The first two digits are the alpha channel, lower the value for more transparency (its hexadecimal).

(2013-09-01, 11:02)emptyhead Wrote: It's funny, I know a lot of people love the metro screen but I find it really clunky to negotiate. Just preference but just wanted to say I love the two home page views and the customisation of the panels and removal of the metro was the deal maker for me. Also the straight to lyrics in the same style as the scrolling text that I requested has come to life!! I had movement when I saw it!
I agree, that's partly why I removed it. Found that I was never using the metro style screen because it always felt so clunky to navigate, like it was an obstacle in the way of what I wanted to do, and it was just adding a lot of unnecessary extra code and needing extra time to maintain when I really wanted to focus on other aspects.
Glad you like the lyrics - it was a good suggestion! I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

(2013-09-01, 15:35)Nacker1776 Wrote: When I use the menu and download the missing art it works. It just doesn't get disc art. I've tried other skins and they seem to work fine. Not sure why.
Thanks.
I'm pretty sure it was an error that was introduced into the artwork downloader script in a recent update - I was having the same issue, but the latest update that just came through seemed to fix it. Make sure that you have version 12.0.18 of artwork downloader (I think the bug was introduced with either version 16 or 17).

(2013-09-01, 18:46)ghostelement Wrote: Wonderful skin! I've switched from Aeon Nox to this one on my bedroom PC. I've got a request and a question.

See what Kokonutcreme said above. For weather fanart you need to go into the actual weather page then press down to get the menu and set the fanart there. Then in "Skin Settings > Backgrounds" There should be an option above weather to "Use weather fanart" -- that will then use the conditional fanart.

With movies/tvshows fanart, you need to use something to extract your fanart to external folders (e.g. Artwork Organiser as Kokonutcreme suggested) then point to that. I'm looking into how to use the fanart from the database.

If you are using the version from git the media images are not compressed into a textures.xbt. Basically the textures.xbt converts and compresses the images into a format which xbmc's image renderer can more directly read, which can provide a slight performance boost that is important for lower powered machines such as the raspberry pi. The wip skin repository version is already compressed, so it is only relevant if you use the git version.
I checked and it was on 12.0.18 so I uninstalled it and the settings re-installed I had the same problem. Then I refreshed the movie and still did not work.
I have another log if it helps.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=53663

Thanks.
(2013-09-02, 02:53)jurialmunkey Wrote:

See what Kokonutcreme said above. For weather fanart you need to go into the actual weather page then press down to get the menu and set the fanart there. Then in "Skin Settings > Backgrounds" There should be an option above weather to "Use weather fanart" -- that will then use the conditional fanart.

With movies/tvshows fanart, you need to use something to extract your fanart to external folders (e.g. Artwork Organiser as Kokonutcreme suggested) then point to that. I'm looking into how to use the fanart from the database.

If you are using the version from git the media images are not compressed into a textures.xbt. Basically the textures.xbt converts and compresses the images into a format which xbmc's image renderer can more directly read, which can provide a slight performance boost that is important for lower powered machines such as the raspberry pi. The wip skin repository version is already compressed, so it is only relevant if you use the git version.

Thanks for the reply! I figured out the conditional fanart for weather, but I still haven't figured out how to do the artwork for movies, tv shows, and music. I tried using artwork organizer, but it didn't copy any of my art. I'm hoping you figure out another method. I know Aeon Nox has the functionality built into the skin, so maybe it's something you can borrow.

One more feature request: I like the super minimal look of the skin, and I turned off the profile picture function, but I would still like to see the item count. By that I mean how many movies, tv shows, etc I have in my library, and maybe how many unwatched/watched. That would be in the lower left corner of the home screen.

Lastly, it might be kind of cool to see how the bottom white portion of the homescreen would look if it were partially transparent. Kind of like a frosted glass look.

Keep up the great work!
scottbrant.net - Blog
(2013-09-02, 03:16)Nacker1776 Wrote: I checked and it was on 12.0.18 so I uninstalled it and the settings re-installed I had the same problem. Then I refreshed the movie and still did not work.
I have another log if it helps.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=53663

Actually, it is still happening to me as well - but it seems kind of random. I can see the error, but I'm not sure what exactly is causing it. Its something to do with recent updates to Artwork Downloader. I'm going to do a bit more digging and I'll get back to you.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Archive] Arctic24