• 56(current)
[Archive] Arctic
(2013-12-15, 20:10)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: Hello,

I can not update to last version. I don't understand why. I'm still under 0.4.7 with xbmc Frodo on win8 x64

I was getting "download failed" once it got to 100%
I had to pull from git to get a working version. Have you tried doing that.
(2013-12-15, 20:10)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: I can not update to last version. I don't understand why. I'm still under 0.4.7 with xbmc Frodo on win8 x64
Recently there have been some issues with xbmc addon repositories so that is probably what you are experience re updating.

(2013-12-15, 19:20)PatrickBateman Wrote: I may not have explained this clearly, but in short, what I meant was... I like the vision, I like watching it evolve, I like where it's going, I enjoy testing and bug reporting... but I hated reconfiguring the latest build (as I had to delete my GUI settings to get it to work) and I'm not doing that on 7 others machines until it's nearly final version as it's a right ball ache doing all that :p
You really shouldn't have had to delete your guisettings.xml -- yes, the widgets need to be re-selected but thats because I changed the coding so that any widget can be set for any category -- but that's all you should have had to reset and now that this framework is in place, that will never need to happen again. I did it this way instead of forcing a skin reinitialisation specifically because I didn't want people to lose the rest of their skin settings they had already set like menus and backgrounds. Also you didn't need to reconfigure your keyboard.xml -- you could've still pressed up to see the info from the osd controls -- that never changed.

(2013-12-15, 19:20)PatrickBateman Wrote: Bugs and requests
When in weather, and fan art is displayed. If you navigate to 10day forecast and try to navigate, there is nothing to visually advise which day is highlighted.
I'm going to be fixing up the weather section soon because there are quite a few things about the navigation that have been really bugging me about it for a long time and I just haven't got around to it.

(2013-12-15, 19:20)PatrickBateman Wrote: I have changed music to open in albums, however now it's renamed it as "albums" I also changed programs and changed this to open directly in the "add-ons" ... However it have changed the name of the title to "albums" and "add-ons" would it be possible to leave the name as it was? There is also not a setting to reset the change I made back to default? How can I set programs back to programs or music back of music?
Go back to the gui configuration, click on the category again > choose configure > select the 'custom' item from the bottom right > a keyboard will pop-up to input the path so leave it as it is and click ok, then a dialog will pop up asking to set the label -- change this to whatever you want it to say. Then the icon dialog will pop-up and just select any icon settings because the categories dont have icons any way (i need to fix this so it doesn't pop up for categories) -- I'll be adding options soon in the configuration gui for 'rename' 'reset' 'change icon' 'move' etc. soon.

(2013-12-15, 19:20)PatrickBateman Wrote: When I press down on programs (now renamed add-ons) it seems to reload the weather app, this means the picture changes etc and doesn't stay consistent and it flickers when I navigate down (I have it set as my default app in programs)
I'll have a look when I get the chance. Are you navigating down to the power menu? Also are you using panel or simple home?

(2013-12-15, 19:20)PatrickBateman Wrote: Any change of music osc (on screen) option to keep display on screen as it seems to vanish after 30 seconds... For music with no fanart this leaves the screen looking boring and dull... Also, if no fan art is present can you add a default artic style wallpaper?
Pressing the info button should toggle it to stay on screen. If it isn't staying then it is something to do with some xbmc setting, not the skin -- I saw someone have this issue elsewhere with a different skin but I can't remember what the solution was.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
jurialmunkey, I'm a big fan of your 'On-Screen' OSD. I always wondered why no one employs overlay techniques like TV stations do with their logos. You are doing that now with the runtime or 'PAUSED' in OSOSD, so great! I saw you resized the video runtime and aligned the clocks below, which I like, but you obviously had to compromise sizewise vertically.

Proposal:
- Move the clearlogo/poster (although I don't think posters fit into OSDs due to their aspect ratio and unless they are very small) element upwards
- Either to the upper left corner, or left and above the text within the bottom element
- Move the current text to the now clear space to the left
- Take all the space you need for the clocks to the right and give em a nice size increase, so they align with the upper and lower borders of the text element to the left.

Have you experimented with larger shadows around the selected element in views like Wall or Thumbnail? Maybe it works like a charm in combination with the existing animations and you don't need the darkening/brightening of all the remaining unselected elements. The bluish cursor seems somewhat out of place within all those smooth greyish tones (although, of course, a cursor should pop).

A nice view option for Wall would be 'Small Posters', like Info Wall minus Info and more posters instead on the left.

Thanks for all your work and constant improvements!
Hi Jurial,

i just set up XBMC Gotham for a different account on my pc because I wanted to see if I get movie set info now. But unfortunately I don't get that either on Gotham. I did a clean install and let XBMC scrape everything from scrath again. Is there anything you can think of that would cause this behaviour? Any information I need to provide you with? On my 12.2 machine Aeon Nox Skin does show the movie infoSad
Tried with latest git.

(2013-12-16, 18:21)cruse Wrote: Proposal: Move the clearlogo/poster element upwards to the upper left corner
I've tried something like this before, but it only really looks good for clearlogos -- so I rather the trade-off of a smaller timer element than not supporting posters (or worse having a different layout for posters -- the onscreen info should be able to fallback to using a poster without much disruption of the size and location of other info elements)

(2013-12-16, 18:21)cruse Wrote: Have you experimented with larger shadows around the selected element in views like Wall or Thumbnail? Maybe it works like a charm in combination with the existing animations and you don't need the darkening/brightening of all the remaining unselected elements. The bluish cursor seems somewhat out of place within all those smooth greyish tones (although, of course, a cursor should pop).
A nice view option for Wall would be 'Small Posters'.
The thing with larger shadows is that it needs wider spacing between the items in order to be visibly noticeable. You can remove the fade on the posters by creating your own colour theme. In the skin.arctic/colors folder just make a copy of the xml file that corresponds to the colour theme you use. Rename it to some thing else (e.g. NoFade.xml). Edit the file and look for the <color name="Mod_Cover_Fade"> line and change it to:
Code:
<color name="Mod_Cover_Fade">00000000</color>
Save and restart xbmc, then go to the appearance settings and change to your new colour theme.

There are some recent changes to the 'thumbnail' view that are similar to what you are talking about regarding wall view. Basically the thumbnail view looks like info-wall but without the info on the left (there is also a view option to show/hide labels -- only currently in music but will be for other sections soon).

(2013-12-16, 22:22)Branphma Wrote: i just set up XBMC Gotham for a different account on my pc because I wanted to see if I get movie set info now. But unfortunately I don't get that either on Gotham. I did a clean install and let XBMC scrape everything from scrath again. Is there anything you can think of that would cause this behaviour? Any information I need to provide you with? On my 12.2 machine Aeon Nox Skin does show the movie infoSad
Tried with latest git.
The view that you are using doesn't have sets info added yet because I forgot to add it :p ... Use low list view to test if it is working. Regardless, script.extendedinfo is broken in Gotham. See the following post for the fix: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1561326
(2013-12-13, 09:21)Trickass Wrote: In the "In progress" tv-shows, sometimes not all TV shows are shown.
I think I might have tracked down the problem -- there was a problem with the 4th in-progress item not displaying because I missed a needed change for the visibility condition -- should be fixed in latest git.
Hi Jurial, just a quick question for you. I've started using WMC as my PVR back end. It supports genre colour coding in the EPG and, while Arctic supports it, the colours are very subdued. Is there somewhere I can adjust the saturation/transparency? Thanks!
not sure if you saw this -- http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=176864
sounds like it might help with coding
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
(2013-12-17, 02:26)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-12-16, 22:22)Branphma Wrote: i just set up XBMC Gotham for a different account on my pc because I wanted to see if I get movie set info now. But unfortunately I don't get that either on Gotham. I did a clean install and let XBMC scrape everything from scrath again. Is there anything you can think of that would cause this behaviour? Any information I need to provide you with? On my 12.2 machine Aeon Nox Skin does show the movie infoSad
Tried with latest git.
The view that you are using doesn't have sets info added yet because I forgot to add it :p ... Use low list view to test if it is working. Regardless, script.extendedinfo is broken in Gotham. See the following post for the fix: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1561326

Hi Jurial,

Thanks, fixed nowBig Grin The problem i had under 12.2 where the movie set info did not show as well was because of a broken extendedscript. Don't know why, but everything i tried "install via zip" it installed, but not correctly. Had to paste it manually...

So know I have only 1 problem left that startet a few gits ago. Don't know when exactly...
When i select one of the home items (movies or mucis or tv shows etc) the transition to the items that should appear (albums or list of tv shows or list of movies) is kinda slow. Meaning that the screens stays white for like 2-3 seconds. It happens everytime i start xbmc and select an item for the first time. When i switch it does not appear regularly. Hope you get what i was trying to explainBig Grin

Edit: Extrafanart does not work anymore...just me?
(2013-12-17, 04:53)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-12-13, 09:21)Trickass Wrote: In the "In progress" tv-shows, sometimes not all TV shows are shown.
I think I might have tracked down the problem -- there was a problem with the 4th in-progress item not displaying because I missed a needed change for the visibility condition -- should be fixed in latest git.

Awesome! Thanks JM!
(2013-12-17, 09:26)deletedpenguin Wrote: Hi Jurial, just a quick question for you. I've started using WMC as my PVR back end. It supports genre colour coding in the EPG and, while Arctic supports it, the colours are very subdued. Is there somewhere I can adjust the saturation/transparency? Thanks!
The genre colours textures are in skin.arctic/media/windows/pvr/genres/

Alternatively - and probably much quicker - you can modify the ViewtypesPVR.xml to switch to using the darker textures that were originally for the focused item in the epg. Change line 1070 to this (the bold bit is what you need to add - I haven't tested this so not sure how it will look, but it should work) --

<texture border="12" fallback="windows/pvr/genres/0.png">$INFO[ListItem.Property(GenreType),windows/pvr/genres/,-fo.png]</texture>

(2013-12-17, 16:42)locomot1f Wrote: not sure if you saw this -- http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=176864
sounds like it might help with coding
Yeah I saw that, looks interesting/promising. From the sounds of it, it has to be implemented in the actual plugin which then supplies the content list -- so if the skin widgets plugin did this then I wouldn't have to code ten items for each widget type, I could just do something like <content>skinwidgets.tvshows.recentitems</content> or whatever the nomenclature would be. So its an excellent idea but reliant on plugins supporting it, and from the sounds of it, the code wont make it into Gotham so its probably a while off yet.

(2013-12-17, 20:35)Branphma Wrote: (1) Thanks, fixed nowBig Grin The problem i had under 12.2 where the movie set info did not show as well was because of a broken extendedscript. Don't know why, but everything i tried "install via zip" it installed, but not correctly. Had to paste it manually...

(2) When i select one of the home items (movies or mucis or tv shows etc) the transition to the items that should appear (albums or list of tv shows or list of movies) is kinda slow. Meaning that the screens stays white for like 2-3 seconds.

(3) Edit: Extrafanart does not work anymore...just me?
1. Git repository zips aren't intended for 'install via zip' -- they aren't specially packaged xbmc addon zips, they are just autogenerated zips containing the contents of the repository. All git zips should be manually extracted into the addons directory.

2. This is strange. Definitely doesn't happen for me. Can you provide me a debug log of it occuring?

3. No changes to extrafanart for a while, but I'll double check later today. -- edit: its working fine for me...
hi i want to set my custom main menu item as a favourites button i know there is already one with the little star but i want to have an actual button but i cannot seem to set it so when i press on the button called favourites it pops up a menu with a list of my favourites to choose from could you possible have this option added

basically give all the functionality of the favourites star icon to a custom buttom added to the main menu bar

i want to do this because i have favourite folders saved there and i have to keep telling family members where they are so i want a big name button on the main menu saving FAVOURITES instead

when you go to the Configure option for "manage custom menu items" there is a ton of different options just not one for favourites only when setting the submenus do you see the favourites option appear so unless you highlight the newly created custom favourites button and then press down or up to access the submenu you basically have a dead button pressing on it does nothing because there is nothing to set it as
Hello jurialmunkey, it's possible to implement a better CinemaExperience integration in the skin like AeonMQ5 has? When you clic enter to play a film, in the left menu add and option to play in CinemaExperience mode...
(2013-12-18, 08:22)protocol77 Wrote: hi i want to set my custom main menu item as a favourites button ... when you go to the Configure option for "manage custom menu items" there is a ton of different options just not one for favourites only
Select 'configure' for the item you want to set as favourites then choose the 'custom' option (its the one with spanner icon on the bottom right). Set the path as the following and hit ok
Code:
ActivateWindow(Favourites)

Then give it what ever label and icon you want (if its a main menu item then just pick a random icon because the main menu items don't have icons).

(2013-12-18, 11:45)ferent Wrote: Hello jurialmunkey, it's possible to implement a better CinemaExperience integration in the skin like AeonMQ5 has? When you clic enter to play a film, in the left menu add and option to play in CinemaExperience mode...
I'll have a look at how aeonmq5 does it. However, you can use cinema experience in arctic by going to the info screen for the movie/episode and pressing down on trailer or play (I can't remember which one it is).
thanks jurialmunkey that worked great all good now Smile
  • 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Archive] Arctic24