• 63(current)
[Archive] Arctic
(2013-12-31, 09:28)GoogleRocks! Wrote: Hi Juriel, Love this skin. Using it on 3 setups in the house.

25:56 T:9780 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: C:\Users\Gordon\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.arctic\media\arctic\overlay\ (e.g. 100's of times) and occurs while scrolling through Movies in Info Strip view, whether Back Panel is enabled or not.

25:27 T:9780 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://skin/extras/audioflags/defaultscreen.png (quite frequently and the file doesn't exist on all 3 installs)

24:31 T:9780 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://skin/extras/studioflags/Warner Bros.png (There's a typo in the local file name: Warner Bros..png) however in addition, there seems to be quite a few other smaller studios missing as well.
Thanks! Smile

I wouldn't worry about texture manager errors too much - its more just a report that the file doesn't exist rather than a critical error. They're pretty much inevitable with variable file name matching to things like studios.

The overlays and defaultscreen errors should be fixed in latest git. Also, the Warner Bros.png thing isn't a typo because the studio label is often filled as "Warner Bros." so the file needs to be 'Warner Bros..png' to match. Nonetheless, I've made a copy of it as Warner Bros.png for when it doesn't have the dot at the end. Also added a bunch of other studiologos from the ccMatrix repo.

(2013-12-31, 11:36)Scottland Wrote: Are the colours/schemes/xml for the EPG available to edit anywhere? I personally find black on white a little hard to see, but white on black is much easier for me to read from a distance. So was going to have a play with changing the colours/textures if I can?

Not really anything easily changeable that wouldn't also affect other parts of the skin. The best I can offer really is editing 1080i/ViewtypesPVR.xml
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Thanks for the info regarding how to get rid of the empty box on the home screen jurial. I didn't know you could do this as the text on the 'manage custom home items' screen says 'cannot customise submenu items for this item' - maybe it should say 'customise widget/background only'... or words to that effect? ;-)
@blondeshanks -- good point. I remember struggling with wording it in a way that was to the point and not confusing. I will change it Smile
@jurialmunkey, I do believe that PseudoTV Live's gui stuff is feature froze, it sounds like you can work on a skin now like you wanted.
for those that use arctic on gotham i made a few change for Setting level

open SettingsCategory.xml on line 89 add
Code:
<control type="button" id="20">
                        <description>Setting level button</description>
                        <left>182</left>
                        <top>810</top>
                        <height>77</height>
                        <width>360</width>
                        <label>10037</label>
                        <align>right</align>
                        <aligny>top</aligny>
                        <font>Font-Condensed-S30-B</font>
                        <textoffsetx>100</textoffsetx>
                        <textoffsety>40</textoffsety>
                        <textcolor>mod-infotags-alt</textcolor>
                        <focusedcolor>yellow</focusedcolor>
                        <texturefocus border="10">views/other/focus-mod8.png</texturefocus>
                        <texturenofocus border="90,3,90,3">views/list/other/separator.png</texturenofocus>
                        <pulseonselect>false</pulseonselect>
                        <onleft>5</onleft>
                        <onright>5</onright>
                        <onup>3</onup>
                        <ondown>3</ondown>
                        <onclick>SettingsLevelChange</onclick>
                    </control>    
                    <control type="label">
                        <left>220</left>
                        <top>820</top>
                        <height>77</height>
                        <width>360</width>
                        <label>31142</label>
                        <font>Font-Condensed-S30</font>
                        <textcolor>white</textcolor>
                        <align>left</align>
                        <aligny>top</aligny>
                    </control>

add the string to your language file ej, skin.arctic\language\English\strings.po
Code:
msgctxt "#31142"
msgid "Settings level"
msgstr ""

edit : i forget this part, you need to edit the id="3" line 83 and 84 on SettingsCategory.xml

edit the onup and ondown
Code:
<onup>20</onup>
<ondown>20</ondown>

and the one for subtitles
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a4eh6arjt310am...arctic.rar
@jurialmunkey
Is it possible to make different slide show widgets?
When I make a slide show of movie fanart then I can make no other for tv shows.
Am I doing something wrong?
Or is it just not possible?
On my test macbook the last git works fine. As far as I am concerned, the repository can be updated -Smile
MacMini 2012 - MacOS 10.10 - Kodi
@sling -- not possible currently, but I will eventually change it so that multiple slideshows can be set.
(2014-01-04, 05:28)jurialmunkey Wrote: @sling -- not possible currently, but I will eventually change it so that multiple slideshows can be set.

Okay seems to me a perfect addition.
Another question
Is it possible to let users choose among the following "simple" settings?
option 1. automatically show widgets after delay (current)
option 2. always visible widgets (new)
option 3. widgets not visible (current)
@sling -- that's what the panel home-screen does.
Hi First time user of your skin and I have to say its fantasic, minimalistic and easy to use which is what I was looking for. I'm a big PVR user and noticed a little problem with your skin. Its a cosmetic change thats it. When I'm watching live tv and I hit the info button (Keyboard 'i' key) the channel number is slightly overlapped on the programs title and description. Looks like the channel number needs to move over to the left a few pixels. I'm not sure which file to edit to make this change but thought I let you know.

It would be cool if you could put the channel number under the channel icon
Does anyone know how to bring up the audio controls when a song is playing? I press M but nothing happens.
(2014-01-04, 23:22)jurialmunkey Wrote: @sling -- that's what the panel home-screen does.

Sorry, that's not quite what I mean
the screen layout at simple, is more logical.
toolbar at the bottom en info widget at the top.

btw the big font is a big improvement, no layout problems with English and Dutch text. Thanks for this.
@jurialmunkey: as I take my first steps into "Arctic" I can see it is a truly great skin. I've been looking for a skin which I can tell great caring and cleanliness have been considered in the design and your work seems the best at it so far. One of the things I truly value from your skin is that it seems you really care about what features people look in a skin and not just those you personally use, which I think is one of the greatest mistakes of some skinners.

Now, to contribute with some features I yet have to see in your skin: I can't seem to be able to have VideoExtras add-on working properly though. I tried to install it but it's got an advanced view with a detailed list of extras that actually will never make the cut if it isn't specifically designed for "Arctic" for what I can tell. There is some ridiculously small image thumbs on the left of each extra's name, instead of being presented as a proper thumb/poster when I hover on each extra. Should you add support for this add-on, do you think you can do something about it, so it looks consistent with the skin? Never mind if not possible.

Thank you so much for your fine skin!
Looking great jurial. Just a heads up that, on the Video OSD while using the big font, the current time and end time towards the bottom runs together. Love the option to increase the font size.
(2014-01-05, 08:12)deletedpenguin Wrote: Looking great jurial. Just a heads up that, on the Video OSD while using the big font, the current time and end time towards the bottom runs together. Love the option to increase the font size.

I'm using version 06.2 with big font and didn't have that problem. The current time and the end time are neatly displayed right at the top of the screen. The duration and total time are displayed at the bottom of the screen. A little too close to each other but does work as expected.
  • 63(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Archive] Arctic24