WIP Aquatic
Thought i share something I have been working on for a while. Wanted to learn how to skin so used confluence as a base. It´s still very much a work in progress but I´m getting there. Still has a few dialogs left and a weather screen that looks more like a train crash. On screen display also needs a lot of work still.

As you can see nothing really advanced, clean and simple, inline with my inexperience and lack of coding skills. Would love some feedback, whats good (if any) and whats not so good.

Some of you might recognize the curve elements from Boltehs plex skin, I liked it and asked if i could use it. A few flaggings from the refocus skin. Thinking of making my own when i get the time.

watch gallery

If I can find the time to make the weather and OSD work by the weekend I´ll post a download link if anyone's interested.
Yeah interested. I like how you are using the space to put focus on the content.
But be careful with transparent white/gray font on blue for the readability of text.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
its minimalistic but also a little dull looks promising
look good
Keep working on it cause it looks really promising Smile
I like this a lot. It's clean and minimal while keeping its own identity. It's very refreshing to see a modern skin that isn't yet another Metro UI rip off. Looking forward to this one.
Simple and clear!! Just like i love...
Thanks for your work i m eager to test it!
Cheers
I'm digging this as well. Looking forward to future updates.
Looks good! The one thing I don't think fits is the glow around focused items -- seems really out of place with the minimalism in the rest of the skin. In most of the views I think a soft shadow and the zoom would suffice to know what is focused. For the osd controls etc. I think you would do better with a clean outline rather than a fuzzy glow.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Great feedback! Pointers about the grey/white font (MassIV) on the blue and the glow on certain elements is somehow connected. I have been struggling with the glow, it was not part of my initial idea and your feedback (jurialmunkey) makes me think that the glow have to go, i need to find a good balance between visibility and design. I will try the outline idea on the controls - thanks. This is certainly an area of work in progress.

The skin might come out as a little dull. This is (I think) from the fact that for now I only change what i can and what I understand, and second that I decided to get rid of all the graphical elements not important to me. I´m not a fan of the theory "the best user experience reduces the amount of clicks to as few as possible" In my mind if a want to know what resolution a video is i click the info button. I need the bare minimum of info presented to me on the screen and my wife/kids need even less than thatWink

Progress:

-I have reworked the home screen (again), Weather was less work than i anticipated. I have to push the beta release date a few days, need to do some changes. It´s one thing to run the skin on a pc monitor and one thing on the tv Smile Bare with me..
(2014-03-21, 00:22)toolpunk Wrote: I like this a lot. It's clean and minimal while keeping its own identity. It's very refreshing to see a modern skin that isn't yet another Metro UI rip off. Looking forward to this one.

i am not the only one that think there are to many metro ripoffs
Looks really nice and quiet Smile
I agree with MassIV that the grey might be hard to read, especially on a TV a bit further away then a PC screen Wink
Curious to test a beta/alpha.
Sweet ! Nice job, keep it up Wink
My reFocus mods : reAlaska & reAlaska (Dark)
Nice skin. I can't wait to try. I love the clean look but the OSD is not too extensive. Other thing. Comes this skin with diskart. All my movies has bluray disk art. It will be a nice addition in my opinion. Like the rolling art in aeon nox or the pop-up disk art in Arctic mkii
Very nice... reminds me a lot of Alaska, which was the skin I used for a LONG time. Clean and simple - and most important, large easy to read text for those of us with bad eyes!

I agree with others, a bit more contrasting color to offset the text would help. Take a look at the original Alaska skin, he did a great job.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aquatic2