• 6(current)
Release reFocus 1.4.0 for Gotham (deprecated)
Been trying this out since the first commits were posted the other day. Everything is looking really good. Not a bug by any means, but when you next update you can bump the Grab Fanart version to 0.12.8 - I removed the ugly debug log spamming that occurs when XBMC is in debug mode. It's in the official repo so you're safe in changing this now.
(2014-04-07, 20:06)Okashu Wrote: Okay that was my bad. I was replacing the folder in /addons, but not the package in /addons/packages. The overlay shows up fine now, thanks!

I will slowly but steadily translate the skin into Polish over the next week or so. About that - where in the skin does the view selection occur? I'm asking because I'm not sure of the context of some strings - some of them being "layout" and "landscape".

Thanks! When you press left (or up in some views, the arrow in the upper left corner of the screen will indicate that) the options menu will open. At the top you can choose the viewtype (so thumbnails, list, gallery, etc) In some views there will also be a layout button, which controls certain aspects to that particular viewtype (so a big icons or small icons for example).

If you have any more questions about translations just ask. But maybe better to do that here" http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=187505

(2014-04-07, 20:14)Qwert Wrote: Hi Jeroen, excellent skin but i noticed that the trailer button wasnt hidden for movies that didnt have trailers so in DialogVideoInfo.xml on line 385 under trailer i changed,

Code:
<visible>Container.Content(movies)</visible>

to

Code:
<visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.Trailer)</visible>

I just copied that code from another skin (confluence) and it seems to work fine on my system so i hope it hasnt introduced any bugs.

My apologies if I've messed something up, or if my post is incoherent, its 2am and i should have been in bed hours ago.Tongue

Yes, that should have there, thanks. No worries, fixed on Git now.

(2014-04-07, 20:37)Bram77 Wrote: One small bug I've discovered is that the 'Hide watched' indicator in the tv/movies/videos section is reversed. Unchecked it's showing all unwatched.
Pushed a change to Git, could you check if that solved it? It wasn't reversed for me but I understand how it could differ on your end. I'm using a bit of a hackery way to get the state of the radiobutton. If this won't solve it I'll probably change it to a toggle button instead.

(2014-04-07, 22:11)robweber Wrote: Been trying this out since the first commits were posted the other day. Everything is looking really good. Not a bug by any means, but when you next update you can bump the Grab Fanart version to 0.12.8 - I removed the ugly debug log spamming that occurs when XBMC is in debug mode. It's in the official repo so you're safe in changing this now.
Done, thanks!
Installed without an issue on latest nightly, it's beautiful.

Looking forward to the horizontal home screen (if you decide to include it).
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
I think we can thank with a big smile, the wonderful work of Jeroen REFOCUS directly Gotham is the best skin for any fluid, fine, beautiful, simple and sufficiently filled with beautiful and interesting feature. I think Jeroen deserves the congratulations of all users to refocus! I watch my movies tonight and I like to take a re look! Smile A big thank you for your work.
(2014-04-07, 20:01)Jeroen Wrote:
(2014-04-07, 19:32)Okashu Wrote: I did earlier today, but Ill try again now and let you know if it helped.

Okay it didn't. Can you take a look at my settings to see if everything's right? http://puu.sh/7ZJvD.jpg

The setttings are fine, could you check if these files are present in the root of the reFocus skin folder on your system?

-OverlayUnWatched.png
-OverlayWatched.png (this is a blank image file)
-OverlayWatching.png

And if they have the same case?

Just to say that 'OverlayUnWatched.png' needs to be 'OverlayUnwatched.png' on case-sensitive file-systems for it to work.
(2014-04-08, 09:49)mortstar Wrote:
(2014-04-07, 20:01)Jeroen Wrote:
(2014-04-07, 19:32)Okashu Wrote: I did earlier today, but Ill try again now and let you know if it helped.

Okay it didn't. Can you take a look at my settings to see if everything's right? http://puu.sh/7ZJvD.jpg

The setttings are fine, could you check if these files are present in the root of the reFocus skin folder on your system?

-OverlayUnWatched.png
-OverlayWatched.png (this is a blank image file)
-OverlayWatching.png

And if they have the same case?

Just to say that 'OverlayUnWatched.png' needs to be 'OverlayUnwatched.png' on case-sensitive file-systems for it to work.

But it is now, right?
Nope, I've sent a Pull Request on GitHub that should fix it.

EDIT: Sorry for messing with PRs on GitHub, the one there now should fix the issue and not get any more commits for my own personal preference changes.
Thanks for this new incarnation of Refocus. This skin is fast, clean and very nice to my eyes.
I have two requests: can you split the flags in a separate pack? (music labels and movie studios).
I think is a bit redundant to download the same things from git.
The second thing is to not show a weather icon if no weather provider is installed.
(2014-04-08, 10:23)mortstar Wrote: Nope, I've sent a Pull Request on GitHub that should fix it.

EDIT: Sorry for messing with PRs on GitHub, the one there now should fix the issue and not get any more commits for my own personal preference changes.

No worries. Thanks, I'll have a look at it later.

(2014-04-08, 11:59)henrava Wrote: Thanks for this new incarnation of Refocus. This skin is fast, clean and very nice to my eyes.
I have two requests: can you split the flags in a separate pack? (music labels and movie studios).
I think is a bit redundant to download the same things from git.

Thanks.

Git allows you to use what is considered a development version of the skin. The flags are part of the skin source, it would make no sense to split it up in parts. If you don't want to download the same things multiple times do a proper git checkout instead of downloading zips. Git is not a download / hosting service.

Quote:The second thing is to not show a weather icon if no weather provider is installed.
I put the weather icon there to have a consistent look / position for the clock and notification area, I don't think I want to change that.
In order to remove some (unneeded) complexity from the home menu I'm planning to make some changes to the home menu customization options:
  • Remove the "enable this section" option for library related entries
    Assuming you have movies, tvshows or music scanned to your library, you're going to want to have them enabled in the main menu. Having to turn these on in the settings only causes confusion and doesn't really serve any purpose. As music in XBMC is s still split into library and files mode, there will be a fallback method here. Also, a user can have no music scanned to the library while still needing access to music add-ons.

• Remove the "enable this section" option for Live TV
    If you use the PVR, you will already have enabled it in settings->Live TV. There isn't any need for a toggle at skin level.
  • Other entries
    Videos, Pictures, System, Add-ons, Search, Favourites, Disc, Now Playing will be enabled by default, but can be disabled.

I don't think anyone's usage would be limited by this, but let me know if it would.
Perfect plan! Please Add the option to Add Some custom menu items when possible! Would be Nice!

check this out btw:

change the file colors/Defaults and change the main background color in dd0c2134

<!--main colors-->
<color name="base_1">dd0c2134</color><!--main background color-->

That fits better in the overall design imo.. Just my opinion offcourse.
@Jeroen,

thank you for going out for your way to add the necessary font support for pseudotv. Is it possible to have the font size smaller? It looks very big on my screen (it doesnt look too big in screenshot below but on tv it looks very big) and channel numbers with 3 digits do not appear (just show three dots like on left hand side of picture). Or what needs to be done from the pseudotv side of things so that it uses the pseudotv font?

A small suggestion: add "powered by XBMC" in the splash image. Or not, your call.

LE: I solved the missing cast list: after refreshing one movie, the list was there, so I rescanned the whole library.
reFocus - Simply the best
@Jeroen
I noticed you mentioned TV and Radio channel logo packs under recommendations.
Maybe you can add this link also http://mp-dutch-rtv-logos.googlecode.com...unk/logos/ (Main focus is on the Dutch community)
(2014-04-08, 19:35)kaiseruk Wrote: @Jeroen,

thank you for going out for your way to add the necessary font support for pseudotv. Is it possible to have the font size smaller? It looks very big on my screen (it doesnt look too big in screenshot below but on tv it looks very big) and channel numbers with 3 digits do not appear (just show three dots like on left hand side of picture). Or what needs to be done from the pseudotv side of things so that it uses the pseudotv font?

I was under the impression PseudoTV's font references would make the font(sizes) identical, but apparently not. I'll have to look into this and get a picture of how the PseudoTV skinning works. I'll get back to you about it.

(2014-04-08, 21:51)schumi2004 Wrote: @Jeroen
I noticed you mentioned TV and Radio channel logo packs under recommendations.
Maybe you can add this link also http://mp-dutch-rtv-logos.googlecode.com...unk/logos/ (Main focus is on the Dutch community)
Looks good, sure
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFocus 1.4.0 for Gotham (deprecated)14