• 13(current)
Release Best of NHK
(2020-12-09, 11:28)asik1 Wrote: Updates for NHK streams

https://nhkwlive-xjp.akamaized.net/hls/l...ex_1M.m3u8

https://nhkwlive-xjp.akamaized.net/hls/l...ex_2M.m3u8
@asik1 These streams that you have given actually include the JIB TV - currently playing "Catch Japan" - while the addon doesn't.
(2021-02-26, 01:37)Herouth Wrote:
(2020-12-09, 11:28)asik1 Wrote: Updates for NHK streams

https://nhkwlive-xjp.akamaized.net/hls/l...ex_1M.m3u8

https://nhkwlive-xjp.akamaized.net/hls/l...ex_2M.m3u8
@asik1 These streams that you have given actually include the JIB TV - currently playing "Catch Japan" - while the addon doesn't.
NHK World only offers 720p low quality (1M.m3u8) and higher quality 720p (2M.m3u8) to rest of world. That is where you can watch JIBTV live stream.

I wrote this addon to include 1080p live stream as well as their higher quality 720p live stream. NHK World only offers 1080p live stream for domestic Japan viewing, not for rest of world, so lucky I can even offer 1080p live stream. If it is NHK's decision to not include JIBTV for domestic viewing, that is their business, not mine. So if you want to view JIBTV live program stream, then please select 720p live stream which I put in the addon. There is no other solution.

Also, you can choose JIBTV in menu to watch JIBTV VOD. Typically JIBTV releases their VOD a day after the live stream. Be aware that JIBTV puts video placeholders on their website, so the videos listed at the top of the VOD list in Kodi may be empty. There is nothing wrong, it is because JIBTV has not released the VOD yet.

Thanks for enjoying Best of NHK addon.
Get the Best of NHK video add-on for Kodi 19 thru 21. Install via my k19-addons repository.
Anyone experienced recently that NHK On Demand many 1080p stream cannot be payback? It reported "One or more items failed to play" , 720p can playback without problem. Take one example, the latest "NHK Documentary - Prayer for the pandemic: 1,300 Years of Ritual at Todaiji".
(2021-11-04, 03:33)samsonluk Wrote: Anyone experienced recently that NHK On Demand many 1080p stream cannot be payback? It reported "One or more items failed to play" , 720p can playback without problem. Take one example, the latest "NHK Documentary - Prayer for the pandemic: 1,300 Years of Ritual at Todaiji".
I have not been on the forum lately, so sorry for a late reply. The example 1080p video shows a '404' error when trying to play it. A 404 error means that the file does not exist on the server, so kodi can't play it. Either NHK provided an invalid video link or the file just does not exist.
Get the Best of NHK video add-on for Kodi 19 thru 21. Install via my k19-addons repository.
I am getting an error when trying to view the play list or anything in the live stream. I can only get to VOD.

This is what I see in the log.
Exclamation 
@misty01 - there seems to be an issue retrieving program listings via the NHK API (empty JSON response that your current code doesn't test for?) as attempting to select either NHK World Live Schedule or NHK World Live Stream results in an error: https://paste.kodi.tv/jovatayuji.kodi
(2022-06-28, 23:21)Herouth Wrote: I am getting an error when trying to view the play list or anything in the live stream. I can only get to VOD.

This is what I see in the log.
(2022-07-02, 16:40)BenderBRodriguez Wrote: @misty01 - there seems to be an issue retrieving program listings via the NHK API (empty JSON response that your current code doesn't test for?) as attempting to select either NHK World Live Schedule or NHK World Live Stream results in an error: https://paste.kodi.tv/jovatayuji.kodi
Hi, it's been several years since NHK World last updated their API which is now causing the problems. No worries, a fix is in final testing and will be released soon. Just so you know, I am removing the Live Schedule section, not sure if it will be temporary or permanently. The Live Stream section will continue to have a partial upcoming shows schedule. Right now I would prefer to get Best of NHK main features working again (like playing videos) and concentrate on the non-essential stuff at a later time.
EDIT: July 3, 2022 - Latest Best of NHK fixes.
I haven't logged into github in a while and now I'm locked out because github is sending an authentication code to a defunct email address. The only solution I have right now is to post download links.

EDIT: July 4, 2022 -  Created new github repositories. I would recommend to uninstall my old repo from Kodi first, then install the new repo. In my testing, I tried to install the new repo over the old one, but Kodi would never update the Best of NHK add-on version to the latest release. Only after I uninstalled the old repo first and then installed the new repo did the Best of NHK version update to the latest version. I also noticed afterwards that the add-on would not auto-update, I had to use install from repo method. Maybe that is because the github username for my new repo is different(?). I'm not a github repository expert, so don't fully understand the github workings why the add-on didn't auto-update. I'm pretty certain that any future updates will auto-update after this first manual install from the new repo.

For Kodi 17 and 18:

Kodi 17 & 18 Repository zip file.

Kodi 17 & 18 Best of NHK add-on direct download: Go to 1st page for direct download link if needed

For Kodi 19:

Kodi 19 Repository zip file.

Kodi 19 Best of NHK add-on direct download: Go to 1st page for direct download link if needed
Thank you misty, I just update on 19.3 and the VOD is correct.
(2022-07-04, 10:03)asik1 Wrote: Thank you misty, I just update on 19.3 and the VOD is correct.
Thank you for the feedback and glad it is working for you. Can you install my new repo (link is in above post) and tell me how it went?
Thanks for spending the weekend doing all that work for us, misty!

Uninstalled the old repo, installed the new 1.0.3 version from the link, and Best of NHK automatically updated itself to 3.0.04 right afterwards.
(2022-07-05, 17:39)ponkotsu Wrote: Thanks for spending the weekend doing all that work for us, misty!

Uninstalled the old repo, installed the new 1.0.3 version from the link, and Best of NHK automatically updated itself to 3.0.04 right afterwards.
Hi, thanks for the feedback. I'm glad it went smoothly. Now we can get back to enjoying the shows again.
Thank you so much, Misty. It now works great. Your response and work are much appreciated.
(2022-07-05, 21:44)Herouth Wrote: Thank you so much, Misty. It now works great. Your response and work are much appreciated.
Hey, you're welcome. It's nice to know other fine folks are enjoying this add-on as much as I do.
Updated Best of NHK to ver. 3.0.05 for Kodi 19.

Updated Best of NHK to ver. 1.0.52 for Kodi 17 and 18.

Add: Program menu to NHK On Demand section.

Enjoy!
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best of NHK1