• 749(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
Hi Mike...!

I noticed that a lot of my TV Show library is missing the show duration. I imagine that is because the skin is using TMDB plugin to read the tv show info from TMDB. I (and probably a lot of us who like consistency in the information displayed) have all the tv show information stored locally. Is it possible to add a setting toggle that indicates the skin to read that section of info locally or online, depending on the setup the user has?

As always Mike, thanks for all your hard work and efforts ...

Regards,
Oscar

(2024-01-15, 16:33)lynxstrike Wrote: I noticed that a lot of my TV Show library is missing the show duration.

In addition, Trakt.tv ratings do not appear for TV shows in library with the "XX% watched" label.
that's interesting. I don't see any other ratings than the first one that says 7.3 (xxx votes) but it shows me the percentage of watched. I use TMDB TV shows v1.6.5 to scrap my library. how did you manage to make those extra ratings appear?
(2024-01-15, 18:09)nordicguy Wrote: how did you manage to make those extra ratings appear?

I don't know exactly the amount of information the skin is pulling from TMDB, I assumed it was all the "encircled" heading but maybe I am wrong. As I indicated, I have all the TV show information stored locally in nfo and mediainfo files, that includes ratings (imbd, tmdb, rotten, metacritic and trakt). So, it may be possible the skin is reading the ratings locally... But I can't tell you for sure.
(2024-01-15, 18:09)nordicguy Wrote: how did you manage to make those extra ratings appear?

You need TMDbHelper with OMDb API key.
(2024-01-15, 18:09)nordicguy Wrote: I use TMDB TV shows v1.6.5 to scrap my library. how did you manage to make those extra ratings appear?

I completely forgot about the API keys...  Here you can find a gide to get the API keys.

Scroll till you find the "Additional Ratings" paragraph.
Hi Mike!
Thank you for the latest changes in DialogVideoInfo - now it is almost perfect when it comes to ratings.
However, I noticed that in the case of Movies, the duration (hours/minutes) is not visible in its entirety, it is cut off.

And my suggestion regarding TV Shows: remove the duration completely, leaving it (duration) only for Episodes. This way we will gain more space in the ratings line - and we will not lose anything important.
(2024-01-15, 20:14)voot Wrote:

You need TMDbHelper with OMDb API key.
hey thanks for your help. I did that but still nothing appears in the ratings space when I press the i button to go to tv show info. although I can see the ratings in the .nfo file. I have tried on multiple skins but no go. I remember it was there sometime ago. not sure when exactly it disappeared
It's hard for me to say where the actual problem is.
Install the current (today's) github version of the skin. In my case, the ratings display even without support from TheTMDbHelper.
Apologies I m askink again just in case it got missed along this thread..
Is anyone else having issues with custom widgets on master aeon nox on Omega..widget stays empty if I use custom widget .
I'm really enjoying all the updates, especially with the new views.  I have been using the list view with has everything on the left side, although I really like the formatting of the new RightList.   Is there a way to get that new formatting from the RightList flipped to the other side to have a LeftList option?
(2024-01-11, 20:18)pkilldash9 Wrote: I'm assuming this is a skin issue and not an addon issue since it disappeared with the skin update in December, but in the Youtube addon it no longer shows the duration of an episode or the upload date. The upload date disappeared right when the skin updated and the duration remained until I just did a clean install on a new system. Is there any way to fix this?

I'm using v9.1.2 of the skin on Kodi 20.2 on a system running Nobara (a Fedora based distro).

Is this still an issue when using the latest Git version?

(2024-01-12, 00:02)mariofenech Wrote: Hi
Are by any chance the custom widgets broken in master omega 99.0.1?
Doesn t seem to work...
Thanks again

(2024-01-16, 15:25)mariofenech Wrote: Apologies I m askink again just in case it got missed along this thread..
Is anyone else having issues with custom widgets on master aeon nox on Omega..widget stays empty if I use custom widget .

Should be fixed on Git. If a custom widget is already set up then just head to the main menu customizer and enable/disable anything. You don't have to actually change the item's state just toggle it on to off then back on or vice versa. That will tell Skin Shortcuts to rebuild the menu.

(2024-01-12, 19:26)Input1963 Wrote: Hey Mike, if you would find some time for this issue it would be great.

Working on it.

(2024-01-14, 02:45)manolischania Wrote:
(2023-10-19, 17:08)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Have some free time coming up so was gonna try some things out while getting ready for Omega release. Not sure if adding a progress bar is an improvement or not...

:huh:

the progress bar look great if you going to addet!

(2024-01-14, 15:19)flhthemi Wrote: I like the progress bar. Is it only going to be applied to this view?

Wasn't enough interest back when I asked about it so I moved on :-/

(2024-01-14, 16:27)Michal6677 Wrote: Is it possible to set background of the main menu as a fanart of the first item in widget? I saw this feature in some skins and it's nice.

I have custom menu items and every item has a widget with movies or tv series and I would like to have background according to first item of the widget.

Current behaviour: when menu item is selected there is some background and when you select an item from widget then fanart of this item is set as a background.
My wanted behaviour: when menu item is selected then fanart of the first widget item is set as background automaticaly without need to select the item.

(2024-01-15, 14:38)wpbpete Wrote: Great idea! I'd also like to see the first item in the library view get a background, the black screen can be disturbing at times lol

After some recent changes brought about a lot of bitching I doubt I will be changing any default behaviors of the skin anytime soon. Not sure the menu item and widgets should be connected like that anyway. I think of the widgets similar to a submenu and since you can have 2 widgets arbitrarily adding a random first fanart seems weird. Can't you use a smart playlist to do this?

(2024-01-15, 12:44)Fletch2099 Wrote: Hi,
I'm using this awesome theme since a long time but since few weeks the videos durations disapeared (everywhere youtube and other video addons).
Did some reserch and it's a Aeon nox silvio issue since it's still work on any other theme I've tried.
Is there a workaround I can try ? Is this du to an update?

(2024-01-15, 16:33)lynxstrike Wrote: Hi Mike...!

I noticed that a lot of my TV Show library is missing the show duration. I imagine that is because the skin is using TMDB plugin to read the tv show info from TMDB. I (and probably a lot of us who like consistency in the information displayed) have all the tv show information stored locally. Is it possible to add a setting toggle that indicates the skin to read that section of info locally or online, depending on the setup the user has?

As always Mike, thanks for all your hard work and efforts ...

Regards,
Oscar

Skin should prefer scraped content over TMDb Helper for DialogVideoInfo now.

(2024-01-15, 17:51)voot Wrote: In addition, Trakt.tv ratings do not appear for TV shows in library with the "XX% watched" label.

(2024-01-15, 19:32)lynxstrike Wrote: I don't know exactly the amount of information the skin is pulling from TMDB, I assumed it was all the "encircled" heading but maybe I am wrong. As I indicated, I have all the TV show information stored locally in nfo and mediainfo files, that includes ratings (imbd, tmdb, rotten, metacritic and trakt). So, it may be possible the skin is reading the ratings locally... But I can't tell you for sure.

In DialogVideoInfo I can use built-in INFO labels to display ratings. Outside the dialog, I have to use a script since Kodi doesn't provide them.

I can use Embuary Helper for scraped/nfo info or TMDb Helper for online. I am currently using a mix of both but plan to prefer scraped/nfo stuff outside the dialog as well.

(2024-01-16, 10:02)voot Wrote: Hi Mike!
Thank you for the latest changes in DialogVideoInfo - now it is almost perfect when it comes to ratings.
However, I noticed that in the case of Movies, the duration (hours/minutes) is not visible in its entirety, it is cut off.

And my suggestion regarding TV Shows: remove the duration completely, leaving it (duration) only for Episodes. This way we will gain more space in the ratings line - and we will not lose anything important.

I haven't seen any issues with duration for movies. Can you try again with the latest from Git and if still a problem post a screenshot?

There is enough room for TV Show duration so I shouldn't need to remove it.
Quote:There is enough room for TV Show duration so I shouldn't need to remove it.

Each episode of a TV show has a different duration - there is no single universal duration for a TV show.
In addition, TMDB does not provide duration information for all TV shows in the database - so "holes" are created in the duration space.
I'll send a screens.
(2024-01-16, 23:14)voot Wrote: Each episode of a TV show has a different duration - there is no single universal duration for a TV show.

It is a general time, not supposed to be exact. For example 30 min or 22 without commercials for a sitcom. 1 hour shows could be an average of 42-45 min without commercials.

(2024-01-16, 23:14)voot Wrote: In addition, TMDB does not provide duration information for all TV shows in the database - so "holes" are created in the duration space.
I'll send a screens.

Make sure to use the latest from Git. As in you just installed it like 10 min ago...
Quote:I haven't seen any issues with duration for movies. Can you try again with the latest from Git and if still a problem post a screenshot?

Yes, I use most current Git version (for Omega).
Movies - duration:
https://imgur.com/a/FkLDVcz
  • 749(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55