• 3(current)
(Helix) 1080XF 3.50.x New Additions
(2015-01-20, 23:35)im85288 Wrote:
(2015-01-20, 20:19)Piers Wrote:
(2015-01-20, 19:38)im85288 Wrote: I keep an eye waiting to see something unique but most times it looks exactly like what I have already done in my skin Wink

There difference between the repo version and your mod is simple; the repo version is refined. The changes and code are different, especially when it comes to functionality such as animations. There is room for both, but comments like yours are unwelcome.

You could merge the latest git updates into yours, fixes have been made.

While you're at it, a credit on the Media Browser forum would be nice.

Piers, I look at the screenshots you have posted and it looks like a clone. Of course there is room for both versions, this is unpaid hobby work.

Perhaps a credit from you on these forums for what appears at least to me to be first the same views and then the same wide layout would be helpful too instead of putting them out there as new ideas.

I'll gladly add your name to the credits list on the MediaBrowser forums. And if your that obsessed with seeing your name everywhere it's actually still on my versions addon icon.

I've installed your latest version, apart from a wide layout that's pretty much the only similar part. We should also take a look at wide layout home screens for all skins, just to make 100% sure that no one has copied you... ~40% of your content is offset, the most obvious example being the widget initialisation/loading screens. These are new additions - to the default skin - so posting them here is valid. I'm happy to continue this conversation, if you'd like that, but I'd rather not. Up to you...

Or I could pop into your thread and start having a go at you.

Edit: The reason my name is on the icon is because you asked me to make it for you - remove it if you wish, feel free to remove all credits.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
The fanart view looks amazing but i dont know if its the arrows, but it just looks to big compared to the rest of the skin.
Would it be possible to keep the non-wide homescreen an option? I feel that this was an essential part of the original skin. It's a part of the metro look to see parts of the content from sections adjacent to the content you're looking at. It would be sad to let this go imo.
(2015-01-08, 13:06)barney stinsen Wrote:
(2015-01-07, 07:47)barney stinsen Wrote: Any plans for the future to implement extendedinfo.script for movie sets?

??

I like this new view, especially for tv-shows. Whats about a banner-view for movies?

Is it so complicated to answer my questions? Two simply questions and no comment from you piers.
I love the Skin Piers and i'm looking forward to see more features!
Do you plan to add "Hide Weather completely"? I don't need Weather and its bothering the nearly perfect view of 1080XF Smile
(2015-01-21, 00:53)Piers Wrote:
(2015-01-20, 23:35)im85288 Wrote:
(2015-01-20, 20:19)Piers Wrote: There difference between the repo version and your mod is simple; the repo version is refined. The changes and code are different, especially when it comes to functionality such as animations. There is room for both, but comments like yours are unwelcome.

You could merge the latest git updates into yours, fixes have been made.

While you're at it, a credit on the Media Browser forum would be nice.

Piers, I look at the screenshots you have posted and it looks like a clone. Of course there is room for both versions, this is unpaid hobby work.

Perhaps a credit from you on these forums for what appears at least to me to be first the same views and then the same wide layout would be helpful too instead of putting them out there as new ideas.

I'll gladly add your name to the credits list on the MediaBrowser forums. And if your that obsessed with seeing your name everywhere it's actually still on my versions addon icon.

I've installed your latest version, apart from a wide layout that's pretty much the only similar part. We should also take a look at wide layout home screens for all skins, just to make 100% sure that no one has copied you... ~40% of your content is offset, the most obvious example being the widget initialisation/loading screens. These are new additions - to the default skin - so posting them here is valid. I'm happy to continue this conversation, if you'd like that, but I'd rather not. Up to you...

Or I could pop into your thread and start having a go at you.

Edit: The reason my name is on the icon is because you asked me to make it for you - remove it if you wish, feel free to remove all credits.

Fair enough, let's leave it at that. It was not meant to be a criticism from my part I was just giving some feedback that you requested. I do keep an eye on all threads and like to see new ideas. The music layout for example in the upcoming alternate 1080LX mod looks different along with the icons on the top. I'll refrain from giving my opinion here as it's not meant to cause conflict.

As for problems found in my version, please do post them in my thread...I often do miss the finer details so appreciate people pointing them out.

Keep up the good work.
(2015-01-21, 08:41)barney stinsen Wrote:
(2015-01-08, 13:06)barney stinsen Wrote:
(2015-01-07, 07:47)barney stinsen Wrote: Any plans for the future to implement extendedinfo.script for movie sets?

??

I like this new view, especially for tv-shows. Whats about a banner-view for movies?

Is it so complicated to answer my questions? Two simply questions and no comment from you piers.

It's not complicated to answer your questions, I missed them. There's no need for that attitude.

1) Not at this time, but I'll look into it.
2) Possibly.

(2015-01-21, 08:28)Jaypeg Wrote: Would it be possible to keep the non-wide homescreen an option? I feel that this was an essential part of the original skin. It's a part of the metro look to see parts of the content from sections adjacent to the content you're looking at. It would be sad to let this go imo.

I hope that when you test the beta you'll find that it does fit in with the skin. That's the entire point of it. Each change is functional - it's not just for aesthetics. A wider home screen means less wasted space and keeps a uniform flow. New animations to the home screen supports that. I don't mind giving a link to what's been done, but do remember that it's not finished.

(2015-01-21, 00:28)anarchybomb88 Wrote: I would also prefer 4 tiles in the tv show section.

+1
the "new episodes" widget looks too wide imo.
HTPC LibreELEC 9.0 - Xperience1080+
RPi3 LibreELEC Milhouse build - Arctic Zephyr
Just mu 2 cents .. I think one of the two sections should have more tiles.. There are many addons out there and some of them are used pretty frequently and it would be helpful to have them in the home screen.

Other than that the slightly different layouts for the tabs makes it more interesting. of course there is no right or wrong here.... it`s a matter of taste Big Grin
There are still four tiles available for Movies, TV etc - the Standard green/blue/orange tiles can also be used (you can change these by pressing backspace on the tile or in the Skin Settings area). I've made a laggy video quickly showing what the new skin looks like.

As you can see, more of the screen is used - the home screen section match one another in size and flow and there are still four tiles available for most sections. Don't forget the apps area, which is not finished as well as music and Live TV - also not finished. Regarding the post about Metro design - this conforms more than the original skin (with both texture sets). An additional texture set will also be provided which merges the two to provide a 'best of'.

Although laggy, please watch in full screen to see the best result.

(2015-01-21, 08:50)Udzi Wrote: I love the Skin Piers and i'm looking forward to see more features!
Do you plan to add "Hide Weather completely"? I don't need Weather and its bothering the nearly perfect view of 1080XF Smile

+1

That would make this skin perfect Big Grin Any thoughts on that Piers? Sorry if I mist any statement from you on that matter.
Cheers!
I agree weather should be hideable Nod
Thanks for the video preview Piers Smile
Music section completed and screenshot added.

Looking great!!! Nod ETA on deployment into our grubby hands ? Big Grin It's going to look so good on my tv...My no1 Kodi skin!!!
Option to disable weather added due to numerous requests.

I've remade the Settings area - it should now 'fit in' and provide useful information.

• 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(Helix) 1080XF 3.50.x New Additions2