• 5(current)
Kodi v14.2 beta testing (includes fixes for crash problems seen in 14.0 & 14.1)
Just came to report that Kodi 14.1 is constantly crashing (one second Im looking through movies, the next I'm staring at my desktop) was becoming unusable but notices the Feb 5th release so will give that a try and report back.
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
Have used xbmc/kodi on windows and never had any issues with platforms W7 or vista U.

I know this doesn't help anyone but it's probably a windows issue. That's where the focus should be.
Hi..

Glad you are have not had issues...but a lot of others have. There a several threads on this.

You may care read the thread more if you have not. One of the developers confirmed it is NOT a Windows issue and thankfully has seemed to find it.

FYI....Still running at this time from Feb 5th build that was installed at about 10PM and has been running fill time, it's a media server after all, and so far so good.
(2015-02-05, 22:30)Karlson2k Wrote: New test build in the first post.
Should fix a little bit more. Smile
I don't know what exactly you did, but you have solved an issue that has been frustrating me for 1,5 years.

You seem to have solved the annoying crashes as well. Thank you very much!
No more crashes for me too, but something it's wrong with the last 3-4 test builds (at least on my machine).
Kodi sometimes become sluggish, is randomly freezing and i'm force to do a hard reboot. The problem is that it doesn't crash or generate dumps, just freezing and stop responding.
I will try to fallback to a known working build and i will report back, maybe is just something on my side.
(2015-02-07, 23:43)Pretoriano80 Wrote: No more crashes for me too, but something it's wrong with the last 3-4 test builds (at least on my machine).
Kodi sometimes become sluggish, is randomly freezing and i'm force to do a hard reboot. The problem is that it doesn't crash or generate dumps, just freezing and stop responding.
I will try to fallback to a known working build and i will report back, maybe is just something on my side.

I have noticed this as well. No crashes or anything in the logs just the sluggish/freezing issue that is cleared up with a reboot.
(2015-02-05, 22:30)Karlson2k Wrote: New test build in the first post.
Should fix a little bit more. Smile

I have had no crashes since switching to this build and have not experienced the sluggishness that some have reported as of yet. Thanks for the continued efforts with this.

Additional Info: I had experienced crashes since 14.0 and they continued in 14.1 until this latest build.
The 5th February build appears to have fixed crashing issues on two systems with entirely different hardware. It's also about 40% quicker to start - that could just be a coincidence.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Further testing: this version is lovely! As stable as Gotham. Thank you.

(this is testing on the machine that previously produced over 92,000 error logs.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
I don't know what to say, maybe is because debug mode is generating hundreds MB of logs on my machine, i don't know, but what i noticed is that the problem usually starts after Kodi is waking from stand-by a few times (i never shutdown the HTPC, i use the Stand-by mode).
Like i said i will further investigate on this matter.
Not sluggish here either, and still haven't had any crash since my last post where i started to use it.
The problem i got with my controller that started when i began to use Kodi is persistent though so it's still there, but at least i can have webserver on now without the crashes.
(2015-02-08, 10:14)Pretoriano80 Wrote: I don't know what to say, maybe is because debug mode is generating hundreds MB of logs on my machine, i don't know, but what i noticed is that the problem usually starts after Kodi is waking from stand-by a few times (i never shutdown the HTPC, i use the Stand-by mode).
Like i said i will further investigate on this matter.
+1
Haven't had freezing issues until I started sending Win 8.1 system into stand-by (S3, hybrid standby deactivated) while Kodi 14.1 (official) was running. I have Intel Rapid Start activated, which transitions the system from S3 to S4 and vice versa on resume. I wanted to test this Rapid Start feature really. Only reason I did that rather than shutting down and booting from scratch. Now when I resume from stand-by and watch Live-TV the system freezes after 1-2 min. Full restart fixes the problem and system runs stable thereafter...
(2015-02-07, 05:57)ShadowTek Wrote: Just came to report that Kodi 14.1 is constantly crashing (one second Im looking through movies, the next I'm staring at my desktop) was becoming unusable but notices the Feb 5th release so will give that a try and report back.

Just an update, I have not had a crash since updating to the Feb 5th version.
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
For me, Kodi 14.1 is much worse than the test builds up to this point. It consistently crashes every time I control it with a smartphone app (using the webserver).

I'll try the Feb 5 build with my fingers crossed and report back.
XBMC.MyLibrary (add anything to the library)
ForTheLibrary (Argus TV & XBMC Library PVR Integration)
SageTV & XBMC PVR Integration
Have been having massive issues with both the Kodi 14 and 14.1 builds resulting in a crash nearly every time i try and use yatse. So gald i have found this thread! Have been using the build from the 5th Feb and so far no crashes.

Will report back if i get any crashes but so far thanks to all for the work that everyone has put in to solve the issues with the web server!
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi v14.2 beta testing (includes fixes for crash problems seen in 14.0 & 14.1)3