• 156(current)
Release Arctic: Zephyr
(2016-03-18, 23:32)Ramon_A Wrote: I'm using Arctic Zephyr on 15.2 how can I get it on Jarvis
By the way this skin is amazing please keep it up

It's not been released for Jarvis yet, but you can download the latest (unstable) version from here.
I did a fresh install and for some reason the movie hub is not working. Any idea of what I need to do?
Using v2.2.7 on Kodi 16.0.

When I have a startup animation selected, it starts up with the play bar visible (Rewind, Pause, Stop, Fast Forward, etc). Is anyone else getting this behavior? And is there anyway to have the play bar not visible when the startup video plays?
Hi!

I have been using amber for like 2 years, but just switched to Arctic Z on my fire tv...I really like the way it looks but I have a few questions. If you could take the time to reply I would be really greatful. Just so you know I am currently running in Classic mode.

1. For TV and Movies I use the recently added widget, however in Amber there is an option to show " Only Unwatched and In Progress" is there any way to do this in Arctic?

2. Is there anyway to turn off the widgets for settings/power? I tried through the Customise area but the changes dont reflect when I press "none" - Figured it out, need to have a background set for it to fall back on

3. Is there anyway in the Extra Info View to view extended movie info (Trailer, Cast, Etc) I read through this thread and you told someone else to enable kiosk mode and set the default select action to Info instead of play...I did both but it still just plays the file.

4. How can I browse to the network/root to choose background images for certain home screen items? It just says " Fusion" and can go anywhere from that. - Figured out, must have the directory set as a source in file manager.

5. On the fire TV sometimes I get alot of random extra clicks/crashes on the main menu...is this normal?

6, I am currently on Kodi 15.2 and running skin version 2.0.0 via the official KODI repo.....does it make sense to install a higher version? 2.0.6/7 ?

Thank you for your help!
Is it possible to make all the menus, navigation bars, etc. transparent? I love the skin for the most part but I'd rather be able to see the fanart more clearly.
(2016-03-19, 22:46)flip22 Wrote: Is it possible to make all the menus, navigation bars, etc. transparent? I love the skin for the most part but I'd rather be able to see the fanart more clearly.

If you use the darker theme version, I find the background art work is more visiable.

I am sure in the skin files themselves you can lower the opacity, but I wouldnt be able to help you with that part
Directions on editing opacity settings is what I'm looking for, I guess.
Is it possible to rename appearances of Favourites? (i.e. in the context menu: Add to favourites, and the Favourites dialogue)

I wish to rename it to My List so I can Add to My List to watch later using the favourites widget as a My List menu item.
Hello,

I'm getting this error in script.extendedinfo when trying to get the detailed info from the actress "Mélanie Laurent".

11:37:41 T:2576 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe9' in position 1: ordinal not in range(128)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.extendedinfo\default.py", line 45, in <module>
Main()
File "C:\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.extendedinfo\default.py", line 19, in __init__
listitems = start_info_actions(info, self.params)
File "C:\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.extendedinfo\resources\lib\process.py", line 339, in start_info_actions
name=params.get("name"))
File "C:\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.extendedinfo\resources\lib\WindowManager.py", line 189, in open_actor_info
name = name.decode("utf-8").split(" " + LANG(20347) + " ")
File "C:\Kodi\system\python\Lib\encodings\utf_8.py", line 16, in decode
return codecs.utf_8_decode(input, errors, True)
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe9' in position 1: ordinal not in range(128)
-->End of Python script error report<--

I didn't ask in the extended info script thread as they don't give end user support.

Thanks!
(2016-03-20, 05:50)flip22 Wrote: Directions on editing opacity settings is what I'm looking for, I guess.

You can edit the XML files of the colortheme you are using (.kodi/addons/skin.arctic.zephyr/colors/). For example, I use Dark with light dialogs as a theme so I've edited a line in "Dark with light dialogs.xml":

Code:
<color name="FanartFade">2Fffffff</color>

to:
Code:
<color name="FanartFade">8Fffffff</color>

It makes the fanart background a bit more visible. I haven't tested other lines in those XML files, but I'm sure that's where you can edit the opacity of the rest of the elements as well.
I really appreciate the suggestion, but this specific setting made no discernible difference for me.i think you're right, though... it's somewhere in here. Thanks.
i'm not sure if this is a theme issue, but whenever im browsing shows/movies and let it highlight a specific item, it automatically pops up plot info for that show? (as in theres literally a popup on the screen with this info, not just part of the usual 'views' you get).

the screen basically dims and large text of the plot just shows up for some bizarre reason.

does anyone know how to turn this off??
(2016-03-21, 04:50)iblastoff Wrote: i'm not sure if this is a theme issue, but whenever im browsing shows/movies and let it highlight a specific item, it automatically pops up plot info for that show? (as in theres literally a popup on the screen with this info, not just part of the usual 'views' you get).

the screen basically dims and large text of the plot just shows up for some bizarre reason.

try this:

settings \ furniture\ show plot overlay after 3 seconds
(2016-03-21, 04:56)Edworld Wrote:
(2016-03-21, 04:50)iblastoff Wrote: i'm not sure if this is a theme issue, but whenever im browsing shows/movies and let it highlight a specific item, it automatically pops up plot info for that show? (as in theres literally a popup on the screen with this info, not just part of the usual 'views' you get).

try this:

settings \ furniture\ show plot overlay after 3 seconds

amazing. thanks so much! this was annoying the hell out of me and had no idea it was turned on.
Any ETA on a Jarvis release? Looks amazing!
  • 156(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr37