• 157(current)
Release Arctic: Zephyr
Although it hasn't been released on the official Kodi repo, it is available on git in the first post
how can I upgrade with git on a shield-tv?
(2016-03-21, 13:13)t3rm1nal Wrote: how can I upgrade with git on a shield-tv?

You'll need to download the file and transfer it into your device.

1. Click here to download the zip file.
2. Transfer the file to your Shield. There's 3 ways of doing this:

1) Use FTP to transfer the zip file (or transfer the extracted version to addons/skin.arctic.zephyr); or
2) Save the zip file onto your USB and then connect it to your Shield; or
3) Connect your Shield device directly to your PC and transfer it that way

3. Change your skin to Confluence or any other skin to prevent any possibility of freezing
4. Open up Kodi and go to Settings > Addons > Install from Zip File > and locate the zip file and click OK.
5. Once installed, change your skin back to Arctic Zephyr
Love this skin.

Couple of features that would be really nice:

1. Select/Enter works to bring up the submenus.
2. Backup/Restore feautures.
3. Ability to set how many items to display at once for a submenu list
4. Ability to move clock/weather to the top right/left of the screen to make room for more item menus to show on the screen.
5. Something is off with live wallpaper. It looks jittery and not very smooth.
6. The Live Wallpaper settings is off or something. It's pretty jittery. Maybe too fast.

Great job so far! Looking forward to this hitting official Jarvis release. This is now my new Kodi Skin!
Is anyone else having issues with widgets not "sticking"? I'm using v2.2.7 on Kodi 16.0 (so I realize it's not an official Jarvis release yet), but I've been seeing an interesting issue with widgets that I add.

In particular, any widgets that I add from specific addons will work until I reboot Kodi, and then they disappear. For instance, I have my list of PC games linked into Kodi through Advanced launcher as a widget for my "Games" category, and it will disappear after a reboot. But then any default widgets like "Next Episodes" for TV Shows will stick.

Has anyone else experienced this? Does it seem to be a Kodi issue? Or a skin-specific issue since I'm using a non-Jarvis version at the moment?
(2016-03-21, 19:31)Hustler1337 Wrote:

1) Use FTP to transfer the zip file (or transfer the extracted version to addons/skin.arctic.zephyr); or

3. Change your skin to Confluence or any other skin to prevent any possibility of freezing
4. Open up Kodi and go to Settings > Addons > Install from Zip File > and locate the zip file and click OK.

Thank you!
Any reason widgets wouldn't update on their own? It only updates when I restart KODI

I use the recent episode widget but it doesn't update when I add new content .... The content shows up in the library just not the widget... When I restart it does show up PLEASE HELP
Is there any way I can create a custom media flag for this skin? (i.e. the Bluray, DVD, 3D Glasses icons that appear if the folder name reflects the format)

I wish to create a CAM format flag for anything that is less than DVD quality, it will be represented with -cam on the end of the folder and file names.

Thanks in advance for any help provided Big Grin
@Magic815, druiz and those who are having issues with widgets not updating/disappearing

A temporary solution was posted earlier in this thread by BobCratchett:

(2016-03-17, 21:52)BobCratchett Wrote:
(2016-03-17, 19:08)baruchin Wrote:
(2016-03-13, 17:11)braz Wrote: @Talguy and JurialMunkey

The disappearing widgets are due to the use of templates I believe. There is a way to use unique IDs and there is a autoreload method to keep them from disappearing.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2278901

Is this related?

Since introducing templates, widgets aren't autoupdating. I have my YouTube subs as a widget but it doesn't autoupdate once I watched a video. I have to either reassign the widget on Home Menu skin settings, or quit and open Kodi again.

We're aware of this issue with skins using Skin Shortcuts templates feature to build widgets, and we're considering options for solving it in the future. As an interim solution, I've PR'd this branch which allows you to edit a widget (Choose Widget, then Custom Item - the last item in the list). With that, you can add one of Skin Helper's reload parameters to the widget path, which will update the widget after media is played.

To install the branch, download the zip and manually extract it, then replace the contents of addons/script.skinshortcuts with the contents of the zip. The addons folder can be found one folder 'up' from the userdata (wiki) folder.

The various reload parameters are detailed here - to use them:-

If the path already has a question mark - ? - in it, at the end of the path add a '&' and...
If the path doesn't have a question mark in it, at the end of the path add a '?' and...

...add widgetReload= and the appropriate widget reload from that post. For example, to refresh after watching a movie only for a path that already has a ? in it, you'd add

Code:
&widgetReload=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(widgetreload-movies)]

Note this won't work for all widgets (extended info widgets, for example, will break with this method). So if the widget stops returning the results you'd expect, delete the parameter you added.

Will be testing this out myself as well. Thanks Bob
@Hustler1337 - thanks for the info.

I'll look into the workaround, but what is the long term solution here? Is it just a matter of script.skinshortcuts getting updated? Or will skins (like Arctice: Zephyr) need to be updated?
(2016-03-23, 22:46)Magic815 Wrote: @Hustler1337 - thanks for the info.

I'll look into the workaround, but what is the long term solution here? Is it just a matter of script.skinshortcuts getting updated? Or will skins (like Arctice: Zephyr) need to be updated?

When we have a workable solution within Skin Shortcuts (we don't yet - too much chance of breaking some widgets with what we currently have) and the script has been updated on the repo, to get the fix you'll most likely just have to re-assign your widgets.
(2016-03-21, 19:31)Hustler1337 Wrote:

Will I get pushed updates to the skin by installing this or no?
(2016-03-23, 20:16)Hustler1337 Wrote: @Magic815, druiz and those who are having issues with widgets not updating/disappearing

A temporary solution was posted earlier in this thread by BobCratchett:

(2016-03-17, 21:52)BobCratchett Wrote:
(2016-03-17, 19:08)baruchin Wrote: Is this related?

Since introducing templates, widgets aren't autoupdating. I have my YouTube subs as a widget but it doesn't autoupdate once I watched a video. I have to either reassign the widget on Home Menu skin settings, or quit and open Kodi again.

We're aware of this issue with skins using Skin Shortcuts templates feature to build widgets, and we're considering options for solving it in the future. As an interim solution, I've PR'd this branch which allows you to edit a widget (Choose Widget, then Custom Item - the last item in the list). With that, you can add one of Skin Helper's reload parameters to the widget path, which will update the widget after media is played.

To install the branch, download the zip and manually extract it, then replace the contents of addons/script.skinshortcuts with the contents of the zip. The addons folder can be found one folder 'up' from the userdata (wiki) folder.

The various reload parameters are detailed here - to use them:-

If the path already has a question mark - ? - in it, at the end of the path add a '&' and...
If the path doesn't have a question mark in it, at the end of the path add a '?' and...

...add widgetReload= and the appropriate widget reload from that post. For example, to refresh after watching a movie only for a path that already has a ? in it, you'd add

Code:
&widgetReload=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(widgetreload-movies)]

Note this won't work for all widgets (extended info widgets, for example, will break with this method). So if the widget stops returning the results you'd expect, delete the parameter you added.

Will be testing this out myself as well. Thanks Bob

I noticed that forcing a library update updates the widget....this is on a kodi box that is attached the a SQL server..so I shouldne need to update the lirbaray for anything but just thought I would let you know... I will try the fix you posted earlier now
So I replaced the addons/script.skinshortcuts with your version, where do I find the files that need to be changed with the "widgetReload=" part..
(2016-03-24, 04:57)druiz Wrote: So I replaced the addons/script.skinshortcuts with your version, where do I find the files that need to be changed with the "widgetReload=" part..

Once you have that branch installed and have a widget selected, click the button to select a widget again and scroll to the bottom of the list that appears and choose 'Custom item'. Then add the relevant widgetReload parameter in the text editor that appears.
  • 157(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr37