Solved How to force season?!
I have been trying with the advancedsettings.xml to get my show to list correctly.

The Show in question is "Tokyo Ghoul"
Season 1 is named "Tokyo Ghoul" but season 2 is named "Tokyo Ghoul Root A" or "Toky Ghoul √A".
PHP Code:
Folder structure is like this:
----
Tokyo Ghoul

---- season1

---- [HorribleSubsTokyo Ghoul 01 [720p].mkv

---- season2

---- [HorribleSubsTokyo Ghoul Root A 01 [720p].mkv 
But still wont index right, i get doubled episodes for "season1" instead for two seasons.

I have used these settings on this page http://kodi.wiki/view/Anime, also some alterations to it, but nothing works.

Do i HAVE to rename the second season to a format more like season 1?

EDIT:
Fixed typo.
Season folders are ignored by the scraper. Name should be tokyo ghoul s01e01.mkv. [horriblesubs] should not be there.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Also you have either misnamed the top level folder or your post contains a typo.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
It's possible to do this using the folder name if you use the advancedsettings.xml values on Anime (wiki). Just make sure your scraper is set to TVDB, as aniDB will see them as two different shows.
(2015-02-08, 00:28)nickr Wrote: Season folders are ignored by the scraper. Name should be tokyo ghoul s01e01.mkv. [horriblesubs] should not be there.

It's possible if he used the right settings from the anime (wiki) page. I'm not sure how reliable the patterns are, but it can work in theory. The [horriblesubs] part of the file name shouldn't hurt anything and Kodi will safely ignore it.
You don't need to use the S00E00 format, 0x00 will also work as will other combinations.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
For sure @Piers, but what won't work is just calling the episode 01 and expecting the season folder to be picked up Smile
The season folder can be picked up with the modified regex...
(2015-02-08, 09:13)nickr Wrote: For sure @Piers, but what won't work is just calling the episode 01 and expecting the season folder to be picked up Smile

Oh, yes totally agree Tongue

I use the following for file names: Show Name - 0x00 - Episode Name.ext

I also have them grouped into drive/show/season/* but that doesn't really matter - as you've already pointed out.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
@ned, I was talking about the default situation.
Rechecked and tried more alterations to the tvshowlisting from animepage.
Nothing worked.

Did then the most simplest thing, deleted the advancedettings.xml and made a new one with ALL the information from anime.

Do honestly not know wich row made the difference, but it is working now with the folder/file structure mentioned above.

Hate it when the most simplest thing is the solution Sad

Thanks for the help!
This thread is exactly why I stopped trying to modify the regex to work for anime and started modifying the anime file name to work with the existing regex. Smile
Regex is a dark art.. I fear it much.
Hi, I'd like to ask a suggestion about a related matter, if you don't mind me using this topic instead of opening another Smile

I use anidb mod in my main media server. Taking the anime in the first post as an example, I have all my library organized and renamed in such way:
---Anime
------Tokyo Ghoul
---------Tokyo Ghoul 01.mkv
------Tokyo Ghoul Root A
---------Tokyo Ghoul Root A 01.mkv

Obviously with anidb[mod] different seasons appear as different shows, so in root folder I have both what in "tvdb" would be "season 1" and "season 2", with no way to differentiate them.

Now, without renaming the files I need to add them to a different istance of kodi, scrape them with tvdb and have them sorted in the right way (so as season 1 and season 2).
The only way I found to have that result is to place in each folder a tvshow.nfo with the URL of the show at season level;
so not only
"http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=281249&lid=7"
but
"http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=281249&seasonid=584426&lid=7" in the first folder and "http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=281249&seasonid=599645&lid=7" in the second one.

Now, for the suggestion.. can someone think of an alternative way to achive the same result?
Possibly something different from "tvshow.nfo"... my fear is that, after a lot of work to search and manually modify a big number of nfo files a little distraction when backing up my library and BAM! all wasted work.

Thanks in advance! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to force season?!0