Looking for a volunteer to write a 'how-to' guide for this skin

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Piers Offline
Team-Kodi Member
As the title suggests, I'm looking for a volunteer to write a how-to/F.A.Q./manual for the skin. A lot should be intuitive but it can be quite a change for first time users who've installed Kodi -> Added Library content -> Install Xperience1080. It's very different compared to Confluence, as nearly all skins are.

This will either be a sticky here or I'll see about getting in the Wiki. Or possibly both.

1. Requirements
- Have been using 1080XF/Xperience1080 for a minimum of four months.
- English as a primary or secondary language.
- Reasonable writing skills <- this isn't too important as content can be cleaned.
- Forum activity (I'm hoping I should recognise your username)
- Screen shots, these are certainly required
- And lastly, knowing how to use each feature of Kodi and the skin combined (or the majority)

2. Application
- Please let me know below.

3. Why is there a need?
- Over 30% of questions asked require me to copy and paste a reply, or write the same reply over and over.
- It will save me time, this means quicker skin releases, fixes and improvements.
- I think all skins should have this, regardless of how complicated it is to use.

4. What does the applicant 'get out of it'?
- A thank you from me and a credit in the sticky, main thread(s), Wiki (if applicable) and elsewhere.

That's about it, I don't expect many applications, or any, but one would be nice Smile

Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
(This post was last modified: 2015-03-14 01:46 by Piers.)
find quote
Kazuya_UK Offline
I may *possibly* be able to help... I'm certainly interested anyway. I have a fair bit of experience when it comes to writing guides so I think that I could help put something together. The only issue is that my time can sometimes be a bit limited, but I'd be willing to give it a a go, time allowing. I'm going to be honest and say that I'd waited to see if anyone else replied to this in case there was someone out with more time to spare, but as no-one else has replied I'd love to help if I can as I get a LOT of use out of this skin! Smile

What sort of format are you looking for it to take? A web guide, a downloadable guide (say as a PDF or similar), or a post on the forum? (or a combination),

Let me know!
find quote
Piers Offline
Team-Kodi Member
(2015-04-03 00:22)Kazuya_UK Wrote:  I may *possibly* be able to help... I'm certainly interested anyway. I have a fair bit of experience when it comes to writing guides so I think that I could help put something together. The only issue is that my time can sometimes be a bit limited, but I'd be willing to give it a a go, time allowing. I'm going to be honest and say that I'd waited to see if anyone else replied to this in case there was someone out with more time to spare, but as no-one else has replied I'd love to help if I can as I get a LOT of use out of this skin! Smile

What sort of format are you looking for it to take? A web guide, a downloadable guide (say as a PDF or similar), or a post on the forum? (or a combination),

Let me know!

Sounds great Smile

Ideally a step by step sort of thing, with pictures to show what's what. I'll see about addeding it to the Wiki and create a pdf out of the content.

find quote
stuCONNERS Offline
Fan
Has anyone picked this up yet?
find quote
Kazuya_UK Offline
I was hoping to, but I've bdoeen so so busy lately (sorry I haven't been back!). Do you think you'd be able to do anything with this Stu? I'm still willing to help if you needed it, time allowing!!!
find quote
stuCONNERS Offline
Fan
If Piers hasnt started it, then come the end of the week, I`ll have the free time to start writing it up. Time to give something back to this great skin.
find quote
Piers Offline
Team-Kodi Member
Cheers, stuCONNERS, it would be very much appreciated. I'll make sure you pin it to the top of this sub-forum as well as get it added to the Wiki.

find quote
gotexans Offline
(2015-05-19 03:32)Piers Wrote:  Cheers, stuCONNERS, it would be very much appreciated. I'll make sure you pin it to the top of this sub-forum as well as get it added to the Wiki.

Hello Piers and thank you for this awesome skin.

Was there a "How To Guide" ever put together? My apologies if I overlooked the location of this.

TIA
find quote
Funky_Funked Offline
Wow there is still no tutorial thread for this AWESOME skin?

I'm using this skin for about 2 years now, and i think this skin would be used by a lot more people if there was a *how to*.
Because I remember switching to this skin after using a lot of other skins: I had absolutely no idea how to set this skin and had no clue what was possible to customize and what was not. Leading in searching the forums followed by pure trial and error... now i hope i know everything about it ^^

I'd happily commit if a tutorial-thread is still wanted (and needed).
find quote