• 72(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2015-10-21, 01:31)hdmkv Wrote: Thanks for the videos; box looks snappy. Is that your daughter you're using to review the box?! LOL Smile My kids are more well versed in Kodi and media players than my wife.

And, btw, if you have a contact at Tronsmart, please ask them if they'd be willing to send me a unit for review. Thanks.

Grand daughter, I am quite old, now. Almost 70.
Still young to Kodi Smile.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Ok so i just recently found this post and first i wanna say thanks to the creator, very helpfull post and like most of you im still searching for this perfect HTPC/Mediaplayer with the 3d / hd sound functionality. Still havent found one but tried more than 20ish players.

Atm im using Nvidia Shield Android TV but sadly im not super impressed with that eighter, its been out for pretty long now but still HD sound as advertised from the start dosnt work in Kodi ect
Also there will most likely never be 3D iso support on this device, Nvidia is also VERY stupid to not help the community make custom software the custom software scene for this device is dead

As i said im still in the search so il try to contribue to this thread by writing about new players that i try, next week il get my hands on a Meegopad T04 Cherrytrail z8300, il write here how it handles the important bits, roumor has it that z8300 can passthrough DTS HD MA and Dolby HD so il put that to the test with my new Pioneer reciver
HD audio was only recently added to nVidia Shield (with 2.0 firmware) and Kodi devs are working on adding support. Need some patience there.
My HT
Yeah well depends on how you see it, i got patience with Kodi but it took Nvidia way to long to add it to the firmware imo
em cant resist, just ordered a z6 pro aswell
(2015-10-21, 20:31)hausmanis Wrote: em cant resist, just ordered a z6 pro aswell

You could buy mine lol
its not good even with latest fw ?
(2015-10-21, 21:17)hausmanis Wrote: its not good even with latest fw ?

No firmware has been released yet it's still beta.
k and the eta is "when its finished" ?
(2015-10-21, 21:24)hausmanis Wrote: k and the eta is "when its finished" ?

No idea but keep an eye on the zidoo x6 page for updates
Still in alpha really; don't think X6 firmware qualifies as beta yet.
My HT
I dont get it, why release a device with crappy FW, get bad reputation and then possibly fix the device with FW ? make good fw first THEN release the device...
It's the norm unfortunately for the media player market (more so than others), with fierce competition, and wanting to get boxes out quickly. Even likes of Amazon do this; Fire TV 2 for example.

Got frame-packed 3D working finally with Zidoo X6, but many bugs still present. Think it will take Zidoo some months to resolve (guessing).
My HT
hi hdmkv, hi everyone

i have a pivos xios with linux since 2 years.. But now i want to upgrade it because it is really slow..

i am navigating in the forum couple of days but i am really confused Sad

i look some threads and i say to myself: "yes i must to buy chromebox"... After than in another thread i say; "no no it must be Raspberry Pi 2" etc etc...

as a result; i have nothing in my hand Smile Please help me..

-my price limit is up to 200$
-very important for me is audio issue it must be awosemo support (Passthrough and decode) i have Sony AVR and i am use it with this.
-and ofcourse speed

3D and 4k support is important but not deadly...
Also IR Remote is important but not deadly...

Which hardware is for me? chromebox? Intel NUC? HiMedia? RPi2 ? as you see i am really confused... so many options..
  • 72(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17