Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2015-03-19, 23:23)poofyhairguy Wrote:
(2015-03-19, 23:05)movie78 Wrote: So VidOn box should get B+

The issue is those boxes don't use normal Kodi and its player to pull off a lot of those tricks. They are basically dead-ends longterm as far as getting any other improvements, while something that does everything using only Kodi like the Pi 2 is better off with almost every software update. Heck the VidOn box in particular uses a forked and now old version of the program to work. Even if they created another forked version for Helix as soon as Isengard comes out you are behind and maybe your favorite pluggin stops working after a while. It is a suboptimal solution Kodi-wise, but if you need 3D ISO playback maybe you stick it next to an optimal Kodi solution like a Chromebox on the same shelf until open-source libraries can do that sort of thing.

I can see it going either way, it depend on what the grades are for.

Are the grades for Kodi support (since this is a Kodi forum) or for some overall mediabox grade? That is for OP to decide. I do think if its the former and not the latter the Pi 2 should get the best grade.

I use the VidOn box for my 3D ISO and Chromebox for 2D
I think ALL in one box doesn't exit yet.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Player Choices with Kodi + 3D ISO + HD Audio - by movie78 - 2015-03-19, 23:27
Himedia Q5 Pro - by wild nine - 2016-07-16, 01:15
Kodi coming to Xbox One - by woodpost - 2017-02-09, 01:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17