Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2015-05-05, 13:56)noggin Wrote: If you must have 3D MVC decode - then the Raspberry Pi 2 is probably the best game in town IF you are happy to take the few minutes it takes to convert ISOs to MKVs using MakeMKV. Now that the Pi 2 supports HD Audio decode for both Dolby True HD and DTS-HD MA/HRA, it's a brilliant solution for 3D.

To be honest I'd avoid any proprietary boxes using forked Kodi builds - you have no real support if the manufacturer gives up on them - and they seldom respect the GPL and other licences, effectively exploiting the work of the Kodi team but not giving anything back to the community that develops it.
Partially agree. RPi2 will probably be my top pick for what this thread is about as soon as ISO support is added Smile. Re: HiMedia Q5, we're using official Kodi builds, but an external player is necessary for 3D and HD audio. I'm fine with this, but maybe with devs now taking advantage of RPi's MVC decoding capability, same could be done at some point with HiMedia or other boxes that have h/w MVC decoding. With HiMedia, I've blasted them for confusing 'Q5' branding and lack of official (open) support, but they are making effort to improve the box (adding ATMOS support and now fixing 23.976). They've also reached out to me privately to help improve the box further. I'd prefer they do this via a forum with closed beta test group maybe, but as long as the player keeps improving as it has, I'm cool with that.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT

Messages In This Thread
RE: Player Choices with Kodi + 3D ISO + HD Audio - by hdmkv - 2015-05-05, 14:31
Himedia Q5 Pro - by wild nine - 2016-07-16, 01:15
Kodi coming to Xbox One - by woodpost - 2017-02-09, 01:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17