Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2015-11-16, 14:54)hdmkv Wrote: Re: RPi2: Try connecting it directly to your display w/o AVR, Lumagen, etc. in between and re-test if 3D plays okay.

That is the thing. If I have to remove the AVR, Video processor etc from the display chain to get 3D working, it would mean Pi2 is useless for my setup. Anyways... I solved one problem and now have run into another one.

The reason I was getting only SBS output was because Pi2 was always setting the resolution to 1080i. I have enabled refresh rate switching, but it will not switch to 1080p24. If I manually set the resolution to 1080p, I was getting a blank display when 3D output was activated. I had to parse the EDID to find the reason for it. Apparently, Lumagen was reporting 1080i as the preferred resolution. I have never had this issue with other devices. After I changed a setting in Lumagen's video EDID, Pi2 started setting the resolution to 1080p60. This now led me to the second problem: when frame packed 3D is output, Pi2 is constantly dropping HDMI signal. I have tried all the different HDMI boost settings, put in an active splitter, changed power supply, but nothing seems to have helped so far. Zidoo X6 doesn't seem to have any problem with the Lumagen. I may have checked 5 or 6 Blu-ray players in the last one year and none of them had any issue with the Lumagen (all frame packed 3D output with 23.976Hz refresh rate).

Yes, when I connect the Pi2 directly to the TV/projector it works. However, when 3D output is activated, I get a Kodi UI overlay saying Stereoscopic 3D SidebySide. Have you seen this? I will post a picture later today.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - by wesk05 - 2015-11-17, 20:25
Himedia Q5 Pro - by wild nine - 2016-07-16, 01:15
Kodi coming to Xbox One - by woodpost - 2017-02-09, 01:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17