• 97(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2015-11-17, 21:10)hdmkv Wrote: I haven't paid attention to that (@popcornmix would likely know), but shows "frame packing" by my Epson 5025UB and BenQ W1070. What does your display report it's receiving?
I also get "frame packing" on the Epson. I get that message only on the TVs. I don't get to see that on the Epson because its wireless transmitter takes 10-15 seconds to sync signal when resolution or mode changes. It sure confused me.
My Epson, with wired HDMI, is also slow to render picture after video starts. Takes about 7-8 secs. Same with my BenQ W1070 secondary PJ.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Strange when I mentioned the TLBB V8 4k earlier in this thread, it was as if I had posted about the most evil and ghastly product - and now there is interest and discussion about it :-)
Just have to wait and see if it is actually as good as it's creators proclaim it is.
Appears your post was ahead of its time Wink.
My HT
(2015-11-03, 22:18)3dgeek Wrote: The Green Pixel on Pi2 seem to be an issue of the Betas, latest Stable no issue.

How about this new kodi 3D player, any info?

TLBB V8 4K

http://thelittleblackbox.com/products/

Because everyone was still caught on Zidoo.Blush

Nice fineCool
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Have contacted VenzTech in Netherlands about TLBB V8 4K, but no reply yet. Looks like they're not advertising any banned add-ons like TLBB of past, so that's cool.
My HT
(2015-11-18, 18:54)hdmkv Wrote: Have contacted VenzTech in Netherlands about TLBB V8 4K, but no reply yet. Looks like they're not advertising any banned add-ons like TLBB of past, so that's cool.

Just got an email from them,i requested a review unit.
We will see how that goSleepy
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Post #1 and charts updated.
My HT
(2015-11-19, 04:14)hdmkv Wrote: Post #1 and charts updated.
And GPL status of this device still needs to be slapped on the chart regardless of what the VLB V8 4K promises.

We are on a Kodi forum here and if devices are being sent out for free and being reviewed in detail a company needs to get its house in order and comply with Kodi GPL. Anything less basically says FU. to all the Kodi developers and consequently the wider Kodi community.

This is not a box coming from Asia, where such violations are common, its out of Europe and as such VenzTech EU should be fully aware of their GPL obligations.

Thx for update

You said you would put M3 not together with gecko...
But it still is on chart

People will compate it then with gecko but it should be compared with Q5

Also noticed 23.9.. hz playback on Q5, has no issues?
Also not on 3D, so its fixed?
(2015-11-19, 07:27)wrxtasy Wrote: And GPL status of this device still needs to be slapped on the chart regardless of what the VLB V8 4K promises.
For a box that isn't even out yet?

(2015-11-19, 10:21)Skank Wrote: You said you would put M3 not together with gecko...
But it still is on chart

Thing is I don't have M3, so don't have first-hand details to really separate it. You do though right? If you can provide me info for as many rows as possible, I'll redo the chart.

Re: Q5 and 23.976 for 2D and 3D, as far as I'm able to discern, yes, supported. For 2D, my Epson 5025UB reports 23.976 being received from Q5, but for 3D it reports 24.00 from not only Q5, but RPi2. Now, I'm pretty confident Pi2 is doing proper 23.976 with 3D, so I spent time playing 15-20 minute segments from both it and Q5, and didn't notice microstutters. So, am I 100% certain? Nope. But, reasonably confident? Yes.
My HT
I'm talking about some sort of stamp that would be removed when the box goes on sale and if GPL is found to be complied with. This puts pressure on the sellers and everyone involved to get their ducks in a row. Zidoo were good enough to do this straight out of the gate. I don't see we should be letting any company from this point forward off the GPL hook.

This is called prior warning, so VenzTech EU cannot say they were not warned and did not know about Kodi GPL legal obligations when the device is eventually released for sale.

Fair enough. Will update within few hours.
My HT
(2015-11-19, 14:40)hdmkv Wrote:
(2015-11-19, 07:27)wrxtasy Wrote: And GPL status of this device still needs to be slapped on the chart regardless of what the VLB V8 4K promises.
For a box that isn't even out yet?

(2015-11-19, 10:21)Skank Wrote: You said you would put M3 not together with gecko...
But it still is on chart

Thing is I don't have M3, so don't have first-hand details to really separate it. You do though right? If you can provide me info for as many rows as possible, I'll redo the chart.

Re: Q5 and 23.976 for 2D and 3D, as far as I'm able to discern, yes, supported. For 2D, my Epson 5025UB reports 23.976 being received from Q5, but for 3D it reports 24.00 from not only Q5, but RPi2. Now, I'm pretty confident Pi2 is doing proper 23.976 with 3D, so I spent time playing 15-20 minute segments from both it and Q5, and didn't notice microstutters. So, am I 100% certain? Nope. But, reasonably confident? Yes.

Yes i have M3 and this morning i received my Q5
In fact M3 is exact the same as Q5
The only diffence is the box view and perhaps slightly slower / less snappy.
But its not a big deal.

So no need to separate.. just put it in the chart Q5 also and mention that it is slightly slower but no big deal
And delete it from gecko chart
So now that Q5 is doing proper 23.9... and no sound issues, isnt it better than pi2, i think so... cause it supports atmos and maybe dts:x, but pi2 not...

Maybe give Q5 A+ and Pi2 a A-
  • 97(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17