Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2015-12-01, 05:15)halfelite Wrote:
(2015-11-30, 16:42)BORIStheBLADE Wrote: On a serious note...

Is there any hardware that would support all this with android? Have we ever tried to crowd source with supervision of the Kodi group a piece of hardware that does all this with Android as an OS and Openelec could be loaded? I would much rather give them my money and Im sure others would. Just seems like no one can get all their advertised features right..

If others are interested we can start a new thread so this doesnt go off topic..

Unless you build your own hardware. The problem no one can get advertised features is they dont have control of them. Yes the chipset might support MVC but the chip manufacturer never comes out with software that does support it. The reason the rasp pi was such a big hit is the opened up a lot of the source so everyone could work on it. There are no new chipsets that have this type of openness. You could crowd source a box but still run into the same problem.

So all these Android boxes that come out how do they get these boxes? Do they just contact a company and say give us some hardware for x amount to play with? Then they end up with the features they manage to get working?

(2015-12-01, 08:47)Koying Wrote: I fail to see any plus point whatever crowd-sourced hardware could potentially have vs an rpi2 with android, if android you want...

I thought you can't run Android or it's not well supported on Raspberry Pi?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - by BORIStheBLADE - 2015-12-01, 15:14
Himedia Q5 Pro - by wild nine - 2016-07-16, 01:15
Kodi coming to Xbox One - by woodpost - 2017-02-09, 01:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17