Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2015-12-16, 23:25)movie78 Wrote: @wrxtasy

Every point that you make is VALID....

What do you suggest we should do?.
My Open letter to the XBMC / Kodi Foundation:

Dear XBMC / Kodi Foundation,

This GPL2 violation and blatant Trademark infringement has gone on long enough now from the VidOn company. It was stated in the past that Team Kodi "encourages" companies to abide by the GPL2 licence under which XBMC / Kodi is distributed. VidOn in the past have been asked repeatedly over and over again, to publish their modified source code of the VidOn - XBMC version they sell. They still have not done so and it has been nearly a year since they were banned from renewing their Kodi Sponsorship over GPL2 infringements and posting on this very forum under Fake user names to hype their product and encourage sales, and at the end attempt to trash the XBMC / Kodi brand.

Which is the next important point. Why should Kodi sponsors continue to renew their Sponsorship, and support Open Source Software, and comply by GPL2 licence rules when a company such as VidOn are advertising VidOn XBMC as their own custom product ?
They way they advertise and market would fool consumers into believing they have an exclusive special deal with the XBMC / Kodi foundation.
This too has gone on for long enough, and the Diamond Sponsors of this very forum and the wider Kodi developer and user community deserve an explanation of the action that the XBMC / Kodi Foundation are taking in this matter.

VidOn are now distributing this GPL2 Violating version of VidOn - XBMC through products sold by Tronsmart such a the S95. I also ask what are the moderators of this forum going to do about these products when reviews and discussion of them are posted here on this very forum. Such discussions can actually encourage the sale of their GPL2 infringing products. Again is this fair on the Kodi forum Sponsors and the developer community ?

I see an actual GPL Violators list provided here on the Kodi forums. I ask why the VidON company are not on this list, when clearly they are definitely the most deserving first ever company that should be listed. This wall of shame list should also be published prominently on the Kodi Home page for everyone to see in plain sight. That is what I would call actual "encouragement" of GPL licence compliance.

http://kodi.tv/known-list-of-gpl-violators/

Thank You.

W.

Back to the forum discussion, after reading that....

Further consideration should be given to allow hdmv access to moderate this thread and remove all postings of products from known GPL2 violators / XBMC Trademark infringers. Why should further promotion of their Companies products take place ?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - by wrxtasy - 2015-12-17, 03:47
Himedia Q5 Pro - by wild nine - 2016-07-16, 01:15
Kodi coming to Xbox One - by woodpost - 2017-02-09, 01:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17