Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
Yes nickr, I understand some folks dislike windows for what ever reason(s). I do assume most users are on windows though, not to say apple, android and Linux don't have a large following. Perhaps windows is not the most popular platform? I really don't know considering all the 6" screen cell users? I just know it works and without it, I don't think it's possible to have one device that does it all on any other platform except windows. It would take multiple devices in order to get everything to work like windows does. That just seems clumsy, and an invitation to problems imo. If that's the price some folks are willing to pay for their dislike of windows, more power to em', literally.

I never understood the server aspect needing to be separate? I did a simple mod on my Silverstone and added (10) 3.5" data drives and an ssd, all internal. Yep, silent. I experiment constantly on the ssd. I install a new nightly daily. I revert back and forth with builds to no end it seems. I do all my other computing outside of home theatre on it as well. That includes work, ripping, serving, browsing, editing, etc. On the rare occasion I manage to break it so bad that fixing it is out of the question, I just rebuild from the latest image and in 10 mins I'm back in business where I left off. The point is, the data is so separate from the c:, it might as well be on another continent. It is never, ever affected by what goes on in the O/S. Same if 1 drive is partitioned. In the event something happened to the pc itself with those data drives (Like stolen or run over by a Mack truck), all the data and the c: images are backed up on other drives. There is nothing to fear...... but fear itself. Been doing it this way for 15 years, safely.

This is fringing on off topic now. The real topic is for minds that want to know who come here looking for kodi playback devices. There are charts and such, lots of nit picking cans and can't do's, workarounds, wishes and so on. I just think windows deserves a B+ mention or two so that folks understand they are not limited to little boxes only. I think just about anyone could install Kodi in minutes very simply and not pay a company to do it for them. On top of that, why pay for the hardware when you already have it and it's going to perform better than any little box? Why add another piece of clutter?

The topic of this thread says choices. What choices? As far as I can tell, there is only one choice. The others listed all lack something and can't be made to work no matter how much money you're willing to throw at it. Where as windows can be managed with $50 and your done. And that's just to achieve perfect 3D. Don't need 3D? Great, now it doesn't cost a dime. I don't know? Maybe my logic is way off from the norm? Maybe folks love gadgets so much they figure the latest one must leave everything else at the curb when that couldn't be further from the truth. Ok, I'm done : )
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W

Messages In This Thread
RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - by brazen1 - 2016-01-06, 08:48
Himedia Q5 Pro - by wild nine - 2016-07-16, 01:15
Kodi coming to Xbox One - by woodpost - 2017-02-09, 01:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17