Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2016-01-09, 17:29)hdmkv Wrote:
(2016-01-09, 11:41)Shasarak Wrote: For 3D rips I'm interested in something that can decode HD audio to multi-channel PCM rather than just passing it through as bitstream. Can the HiMedia Q5/Q10 do that? And I gather the R Pi 2 can (right?) but what resolution is the eventual signal (e.g. 24/192, 24/96 etc.?
I believe Himedia Q5/Q10 can decode HD audio & pass as PCM (RAW or PCM options are in their Android settings; also native LPCM 5.1/7.1 already pass fine).
I've just had the following email from Himedia:
Quote:Me: If it's playing a video file that has a DTS-HD MA soundtrack, is it able to decode the soundtrack and output the result as 7.1-channel PCM on its HDMI output?

Them: About your question, if it is playing a video file that has a DTS-HD MA soundtrack, it is able to decode the soundtrack, but output the result as 2.0-channel PCM on its HDMI outout. TKS.
So that doesn't look too promising. Sad

I've actually figured out a way to get HD audio from my Mede8er MED600X3D into my Oppo 105D: if I rip the movie using MakeMKV and use the "FLAC" profile then makemkv "losslessly" converts DTS-HD MA into 7.1 channel FLAC; the Mede8er is capable of decoding FLAC audio and outputting it as 7.1 channel PCM; and the Oppo is able to handle that.

So I may just stick with the Mede8er for a bit. Which, I guess, disqualifies me from membership of this forum; so I guess I'd better get out of here before the mob arrives with pitchforks and lit torches.... Confused

Messages In This Thread
RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - by User 309201 - 2016-01-13, 19:36
Himedia Q5 Pro - by wild nine - 2016-07-16, 01:15
Kodi coming to Xbox One - by woodpost - 2017-02-09, 01:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17