Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2016-02-22, 12:03)noggin Wrote:
(2016-02-22, 04:46)Dave the Minion Wrote: I just want a video card to put into my HTPC that will do what the Pi does. I don't need yet another device that isn't as powerful as my PC, can't easily use YouTube or search the web and all the rest. I just need what the tiny Pi can do in a card I'll pay up to $200 for. And I don't care if it can play today's games at all. It's not a gaming card for a gaming rig. It's a HTPC card for a HTPC rig. Hello, nVidia. Is this thing onHuh

You might have better luck wishing that someone will write a 3D MVC decoder and fold it into ffmpeg so that it can be done in software on any platform with the required CPU speed. However ISTR that because MVC is tied massively into H264 (as the secondary MVC eye-difference stream is used along with the 2D H264 eye feed to create the 'other' eye feed), it requires a major rewrite of the ffmpeg H264 decode code as well?
Actually LAV filters nightlies now support 3D MVC mkv and 3D bluray decoding and splitting to framepacked 3D on Windows 8.1 and 10; and MadVR supports 3D rendering, so now you can use direct show players like mpg-hc / be, kodi dsplayer fork, jriver media center, etc to player your 3D framepacked movies.

Not sure how much of this has been committed to ffmpeg though.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kodi Media Player Options with Full 3D & HD Audio - by apgood - 2016-02-22, 16:28
Himedia Q5 Pro - by wild nine - 2016-07-16, 01:15
Kodi coming to Xbox One - by woodpost - 2017-02-09, 01:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17