Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
Hi, I have a really weird setup now and want some advise before purchasing next hardware. I have read lots on here just want to confirm I am buying right thing.

I have 3x USB 3.0 Powered external HDs

1 Himedia Q5
1 Gigabyte brix 2955u running win 10
Yamaha rxv777 AMP Setup with 7.1 Speakers

I have 1 usb drive full of 3D iso and mkv

Which I plug directly into the USB 3.0 Port of the himedia Q5 ( watched lots of ISO and MKV ) and pleased to report no microstutters. Also note if i try streaming the 3d ISO from this drive from PC they do stutter. And have tested same movie which stutters directly into himedia USB 3.0 Port and works. Done lots of testing on this.

The other 2 USB Drives are full of MKV Movies mostly x264 and I have these both plugged into the Gigabyte brix PC

And have set them up in windows 10 as shared drives which I then have added into Himedia Q5 via Kodi.

Recap 2 usb harddrives plugged into PC 1 usb into himedia q5

I play all movies via himedia q5 kodi using the himediawrapper.

Everything works as it should been doing this long time now.

The 2 downsides to this is 1 I have to make sure My Computer and Himedia device is on.

The other downside is that sometimes the 3d drive letter changes so I just have to make sure when doing a manual scan in kodi the drive letter is correct other wise doubles will appear.

Luckily the network share drives dont have this problem.

What I would love in the future and I know its not just me is to have one device what will do it all
Full 3D ISO frame packing and all my MKVs with 7.1 bitstreaming dts-hd.

I can do this now but with 2 devices.

From what I have seen on here certain intel nuc and other pcs which are listed on this forum on the spreadsheet have
the ability to run kodi mvc special build which allows 3d ISO framepacking.

If I purchase one of these nuc how reliable is the kodi mvc playback compared to what i have now. I think this is my best option from what i read on here so far.

Messages In This Thread
Himedia Q5 Pro - by wild nine - 2016-07-16, 01:15
RE: Kodi Media Player Options with MVC/frame-packed 3D & HD Audio - by haxel666 - 2016-11-08, 22:04
Kodi coming to Xbox One - by woodpost - 2017-02-09, 01:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17