Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2016-11-15, 15:14)KILLERNADS Wrote:
(2016-11-14, 18:35)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-11-14, 18:03)haxel666 Wrote: Hi I am getting a New computer msi cubi and plan on installing MVC Build September as that is the one it was tested on working so far.

And Will be following Steps to Take for MVC with your NUC/HTPC

I wanted to know before scanning in the movies do any file names need to be changed for 3d Titles.

At the moment they are like Warcraft dts 3d.iso and Warcraft 3d.mkv etc.

They all play fine on himedia but might be because of wrapper.

Thanks

That naming should fine but this is the preferred naming
examples:

Warcraft (2016)
Warcraft (2016).3D
Warcraft (2016).3D.atmos
Warcraft (2016).atmos

Moviedb

In regards to naming conventions i also have a quick question for you please.

I have a tendency to name my releases without dots. So "Warcraft (2016) 3D atmos" would this still work and the 3D part picked up? I know earlier you had to use .3D. in the name for it to be identified, has that been fixed now and you can use gaps instead? Im not using Krypton, I'm mostly on SPMC or the 3D MVC windows build (not sure if thats based on Krypton or the latest stable build), but for ISO files it does not show any media tags. I have my files in individual folders also named the same. Whats weird though sometimes is that if you play the ISO file then the media tags such as Audio will be added.

Lastly, how do you name stuff like "DTS:X" and "DTSHD-MA 7.1" in your file names? This is what i do but I'm not sure if its correct: "DTSX", "DTSHDMA 7.1"

Thanks

Kodi naming and properly scraping was one of the issues I was having until I started using IMDB and listening to @Guilouz & @zag.

Ok, let me try to answer your questions.
1-Warcraft (2016) 3D atmos you can try that format but I always put a dot in between my and this Adaline (2015) - Atmos is the format @Guilouz uses, also ATMOS and DTS:X name tag only work Krypton.

2- This is how you name DTS:X movie Ip Man 3 (2015) - DTS-X or Ip Man 3 (2015).dtsx
3-DTSHD-MA 7.1 will be auto select once you start the movie one time, which I think it's annoying.

I hope these answers your questionsCool
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 

Messages In This Thread
Himedia Q5 Pro - by wild nine - 2016-07-16, 01:15
RE: Kodi Media Player Options with MVC/frame-packed 3D & HD Audio - by movie78 - 2016-11-15, 16:27
Kodi coming to Xbox One - by woodpost - 2017-02-09, 01:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17