Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2016-11-22, 20:17)kaefert Wrote: @movie78 well high quality DACs in a media player make sense if you use analog output from the media player. but I don't see why anybody would do such a thing..

@brazen1 well I don't like windows PCs, and I don't think I will integrate one in my home cinema. I tried that like 10 years ago until I found out that hardware media players exists. It was like an answered prayer and I don't think I will ever care to go back.

I do like Windows PC's and I have chosen to integrate it into my home theatre.
I know many hardware players exist. My GTX 960 hardware decodes lots of stuff fwiw.
Maybe you can quickly confirm a couple things since you make me feel like my method is antiquated, that I need to buy more necessary devices or I'm missing out, and why perhaps I've made the wrong decision, while keeping in mind, different strokes for different folks.

(1) Does your hardware player play your 1080p and 4k rips in higher quality? Do they look better or something?

(2) Is your hardware player(s) problem free? Does it/they play EVERYTHING in the kodi wiki test media and beyond without so much as a hiccup? Audio too. I know DTS:X isn't in there yet. I've tested all of them extensively and very happy with the results. You?

(3) Is there something your hardware player box is doing that my Windows PC isn't, keeping in mind, yeah my box is bigger than yours? It fits right next to the subwoofer, my AVR, and 3 of my back up enclosures and it's silent so I don't even know it's there to be honest. Not to mention I also use it for video editing and other such home cinema related tasks as well as those times I just feel like surfing and posting on message boards.

Those are my 3 main concerns.

Thanks for your input.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W

Messages In This Thread
Himedia Q5 Pro - by wild nine - 2016-07-16, 01:15
RE: Kodi Media Player Options with MVC/frame-packed 3D & HD Audio - by brazen1 - 2016-11-22, 22:09
Kodi coming to Xbox One - by woodpost - 2017-02-09, 01:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17