Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2016-11-24, 17:55)couto27 Wrote: To get the best PQ, i really prefer to pay 600€/700€ for some 4K Bluray Player and lift my arse from the sofa to change the disk, than built another PC...Just because PCs are not reliable enough.
How annoying is when we to watch a movie after dinner, and the dam thing is rebooting or having a major update... HTPC is not my cup of Tea....and im not english Wink
About 4k BR: agree, but not much choices. Avoid Samsung, it has Cinavia on USB/DLNA. And like all Samsung devices, planned obsolescence at it's best/worst.
About HTPC: on all my computers after installing Windows first option is to disable autoupdate (recomended even on legal instalations). I can update myself when I want/need, not when Microsoft want.
Never had any of your issues. Agree that HTPC isn't wife friendly...

Quote:Some of Kodi developers are really dedicated to this project, and that makes it a better product than the competition.
Kodi is also very popular because its free, good playing engine and have a fancy jukebox that works 99,9% scanning libraries.
VLC is also popular and its also free but misses the Jukebox...How popular VLC would be with some similar Kodi Jukebox ?

Some people are willing to give up some PQ and struggle for capable player just for the jukebox convenience and easy to use...and HTPCs dont really fit in easy-to-use concept IMHO...

Agree about Kodi developers and I add this community has many dedicated users, with good knowledge and common-sense.
But you can also have Kodi on HTPC... you don't need VLC.

Messages In This Thread
Himedia Q5 Pro - by wild nine - 2016-07-16, 01:15
RE: Kodi Media Player Options with MVC/frame-packed 3D & HD Audio - by hansolo - 2016-11-28, 09:04
Kodi coming to Xbox One - by woodpost - 2017-02-09, 01:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17