Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
Quote:The problem is users looking for the all in one "Holy Grail" with some using a less than optimal, Hacked together Kodi > External Player solution.

I have great respect for you and I'm really interested in your opinions. If you don't mind, perhaps you could elaborate on your statement so I have a better understanding? I'm always seeking optimal solutions and this quote of yours leads me to believe not only is my configuration less than optimal, it's hacked together. Don't know where to begin to correct my fault?

The goal in this discussion is some are looking for the "Holy Grail". A method or device that does EVERYTHING. And I mean EVERYTHING: Ripping, serving, every bitrate audio/video, 3D/2D, menus, etc. Not just the ones you are interested in, the entire gamut that any other user(s) might be interested in which covers the entire spectrum of possibilities.
I gave a suggestion, and you mocked it. To reiterate, 1 box (Device) that does EVERYTHING is the goal.

I suppose you feel even though there is no disputing that indeed a Windows PC is one device that does EVERYTHING, qualification should be rejected because the solution requires use of an external player for 1 type of media, 3D MVC Frame Packed. All other media defaults using the Kodi internal player and the relationship is seamless when the external is called.
Why is this unacceptable and considered "less than optimal" and "Hacked"?

Since every other device on the planet cannot do EVERYTHING, it would require multiple devices to accomplish the 'Goal'.
I assume your take is: A bunch of devices, each performing it's own duty dedicated toward picking up the slack of other devices is "optimal" and certainly not "Hacked together".
I can't understand the superiority of multi devices vs. one device using an external player and only for one media type? And the cost advantage of one software vs. a bunch of devices doesn't register with me either? What is "optimal" about spending more money vs. less to accomplish the same 'Goal'? Which device do you call on to actually rip your disc so you can use it with Kodi in the 1st place? I use my same box fwiw. And the NAS thing, yet another device. I use my same box.

Do you consider it more eloquent to seamlessly use an external player with Kodi or flip flop between devices every time the media changes?
Typical scenario: You have one of your devices showing on your display and you are browsing your library.

You decide to watch a 2D title you are focused on and press enter and all is well.
You quit that title and you are back browsing your library and decide to watch a 3D title, specifically MVC frame packed mkv or iso or whatever.
Do you have to manually leave that device and call on another device, basically start over, navigate to the library, find the 3D title and press enter?
What if you wanted to listen to your title in Atmos and your current device can't do it? Would you again need to call on another device and basically start over?
Suppose you wanted to review the complete menu of your BD. What do you do then?
Do you not only have to flip flop devices, do you flip flop the corresponding remote controls as well?
What about calibration settings audio/video per each device and there unique interactions with all your other hardware, mainly your AVR and Display?
Are these scenarios unrealistic and are these inconveniences considered "optimal"?

I can tell you, for every scenario above, and any others you can think of, I simply press enter on that focused title and do nothing else. It all happens. No further action of any kind is required on my part. I can't get my head around why this is "less than optimal" and "hacked"?

Lastly, do all these devices use the Kodi internal player in their attempt to play EVERYTHING or is the Kodi internal player replaced at times by some other proprietary player, kind of like an external player?

Really looking forward to further input and clarification. I'm eager to start optimizing and undoing hacks or at least realize my mistakes and I'm ready for the "good hard reality check" I'm due. Thank you in advance.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W

Messages In This Thread
Himedia Q5 Pro - by wild nine - 2016-07-16, 01:15
RE: Kodi Media Player Options with MVC/frame-packed 3D & HD Audio - by brazen1 - 2016-12-08, 19:07
Kodi coming to Xbox One - by woodpost - 2017-02-09, 01:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17