Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
Quote:4K HDR Netflix and 4K Amazon?
With all due respect, you're digging pretty deep and straying far, far off the point as well as the topic.
I'll remind you of the thread we're in and the general subject matter discussed taking into account the question poised.
Kodi Media Player Options with MVC/frame-packed 3D & HD Audio the question specifically asked "who will make the first perfect media player ? and when ? that is the question"
That is the discussion I'm interested in.

But in all fairness to answer your question, if I even wanted to throw more money to services I have no use for, I would use my display apps to access and render. It's not an extra device. Furthermore, I have played 4k HDR on that device and documented it in these forums and others. Mind you, I did not need to purchase anything. HDR is covered. You are bringing these streaming services up from 3rd party suppliers as if they are required and an important enforcement why an external player with Windows to achieve 3D is not optimal and a hack job. However, I do understand the relationship of an HTPC and streaming. Because I don't use streaming services and can't supply specific answers does not mean a Windows platform using Kodi and an external player is not capable of streaming 4k HDR from a 3rd party. Windows has adopted native HDR for photos with the promise of video right around the corner. Ask again in a few months. I should have it wired by then.

Quote:10bit 4K HEVC @50/60Hz and HDR10 Kodi video output all using Windows at a non-obscene price.
Well, my rig is about 10 years old. I upgraded the video card to last years model at a discount since it too is outdated. No obscene prices, I can assure you. Those files, and every other file in the Kodi wiki test files I can play and more that aren't even in there. Check that one off.

Quote:Voice control can come in very handy if you use it properly to call up Kodi scraped A/V media on some platforms. It would be ideal for 3D titles.
I honestly have no idea if my system could do this or not? I've never tried. Why would it be ideal for 3D titles? I know my panel has voice recognition. It was the 1st thing I turned off. Kodi interface would be different, I know. My understanding is anything connected to the net with a mic could be listening and documenting much more than voice commands. Samsung admitted this if I'm not mistaken thus my reasoning. Not sure about other devices or software?

Quote:I hope your all in one NAS / Win Box remains reliable. Redundancy should be a serious consideration.
Good point. I went 100% and back up 1:1 to a whole different set of drives essentially duplicating my sources.... just in case.
Reliable? Well, 10 years this rig and still going.

Quote:What happens to your all in one Box when used as a TvHeadend backend Home server and it crashes during recording ?
I really don't do any live recording of TV so I can't tell you what I would do? I'm sure you probably got one over me with this one.

Quote:I'm not knocking your Win 3D solution, as it definitely looks like the way to go for 3D
That's really nice of you to acknowledge that. Coming from you I really appreciate the mention. Thank you and I mean that.

Quote:mainly talking about the 3D boxes that are having multiple issues with Subtitles and Kodi resume points & remote control issues when using a Kodi
Can't speak for those devices. I see you notice they have multi issues. I know using Windows with an external player does not have sub issues, or remote issues. Resume point could be considered a slight issue. Kodi offers a resume point and works. It does not work when used with an external. It's presented, but doesn't work. What does happen is the external offers the resume point. That does work. The complication is mainly files in an iso. It's too wrapped up and you can't see inside it. Much like hovering 'Mediainfo' over an iso.

Thanks for the civil discussion. I enjoyed it.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W

Messages In This Thread
Himedia Q5 Pro - by wild nine - 2016-07-16, 01:15
RE: Kodi Media Player Options with MVC/frame-packed 3D & HD Audio - by brazen1 - 2016-12-08, 21:38
Kodi coming to Xbox One - by woodpost - 2017-02-09, 01:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17