Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2017-01-02, 03:55)woronczak Wrote:
(2017-01-02, 02:15)CyberWilhelm Wrote: Hi all. As far as I can tell, this seems to be the place for 3D MVC troubleshooting.

I'm using the 22-December-2016 Windows MVC build of Kodi to play back rips with MVC data that I've made with MakeMKV 1.10.4. My problem is that while Kodi's UI is showing up in 3D, the movie itself is showing up in 2D.

My setup is a Windows 10 PC with a GeForce GTX 970, an Oculus Rift, and using Bigscreen and/or Virtual Desktop for viewing. The Rift part of the pipeline shouldn't add any real complexity to the problem, as in this case the virtual desktop software is just taking the regular SBS output made by Kodi and doing all of the VR work on top of that.

Kodi's UI is set to SBS mode, and as I mentioned, showing up properly in 3D. For playback, the option for decoding 3D data from the movie stream is enabled, and I've tried both "ask me" and "Side By Side" for the 3D playback setting, with identical results.

Not sure why Kodi is decoding/displaying identical L/R views for the movie.

I do know that the .mkv file has the MVC video stream included in it, since Stereoscopic Player is able to decode and display the movie properly for SBS playback. For reference, the movie is The Force Awakens from the 3D edition.

Thanks for any help, and if I'm barking up the wrong thread, just let me know! Happy to provide logs if needed.

Actually, you would be best served in this forum: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=266316
Follow the setup instructions exactly as in the first post. Output should be "Hardware Based" not SBS - if you don't have an option for hardware based, your hardware is either not supported or your drivers don't support it.
Set the refresh rate to 60hz, I didn't see the hardware based option till I changed it from the default 29hz to 60hz on my i3 Kaby Lake Beebox.

Sent from my HTC 10

Messages In This Thread
Himedia Q5 Pro - by wild nine - 2016-07-16, 01:15
RE: Kodi Media Player Options with MVC/frame-packed 3D & HD Audio - by fmedrano1977 - 2017-01-02, 05:04
Kodi coming to Xbox One - by woodpost - 2017-02-09, 01:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17