Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2017-02-03, 18:48)timstephens24 Wrote: Active is better on a 1080p screen if you're talking purely from a resolution standpoint. But active 3d is more prone to crosstalk, has lens stuttering, and glasses that are heavier and require batteries.

On a 4K TV, the disadvantage of resolution for passive goes away since now both give 1080p to each eye, so passive is better in that there's no lens stuttering, less crosstalk issues, and lighter glasses with no need for heavy batteries and flickering lenses.

Passive 3D needs to be at eye level though, unlike active, so if you have your TV/projector mounted high and you're looking up at it, passive will have a lot of crosstalk.

That's true - I hadn't through of the projector height issue. My basement has a low ceiling with a false ceiling, so I think it should be ok, but something for me to keep an eye out for.

(2017-02-03, 19:21)brazen1 Wrote: I think you both are bringing up facts from 2009 era. Crosstalk does not exist on decent displays anymore. Cheaper ones, of course. You get what you pay for. Glasses have also come a long way. My active glasses weigh less than my lightweight prescription glasses. I don't have a scale to weigh them but I can assure both of you, weight is not an issue. Heavy batteries? Do you know how small and lightweight a CR1620 coin battery is? If you'd really like to make a real world comparison, hold your passive glasses in one hand and a pair of SSG 5150's loaded with that hefty CR1620 in the other. Lens stuttering? LoL. I think you want to feel good about your passive or something. Let me help you. Lift up your feather weight glasses and look closely at the pixels on your passive screen. See a row of black dots every other line of vertical resolution? Enjoy them.

Edit
https://www.cnet.com/products/samsung-ss...ses/specs/
0.81 oz

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Samsung-SSG-...Sw5cNYkJrw
$19

Once you have seen passive 3D on an LG 4K OLED, believe me, you will not want to go back to active 3D again. Only issue though is that the 77" screen is crazy expensive, and for a home theater room, I am looking for 120" screen. Also, my wife gets headaches because of active 3D (fortunately, I haven't had that issue).

Messages In This Thread
Himedia Q5 Pro - by wild nine - 2016-07-16, 01:15
RE: Kodi Media Player Options with MVC/frame-packed 3D & HD Audio - by the_jaguar - 2017-02-03, 19:53
Kodi coming to Xbox One - by woodpost - 2017-02-09, 01:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17