Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2020-02-25, 09:21)paylesspizzaman Wrote: Any updates on the Vero 4k player? I'm looking to buy a box for 3d mkv MVC and I'm not sure if I should buy the Zidoo Z9s or wait on the Vero 4k to get its 3d ironed out?

Currently, there is an issue where 3D MVC files with an NTSC flag will not play back properly. This affects 25% of titles approximately.
There is also an issue with macroblocking on a very small number of files (such as Gravity).

We have already fixed the stuttering issue with NTSC titles for the next update, which just leaves the macroblocking issue.

We strongly suspect that the macroblocking issue is caused by a microcode issue, so we have had to engage the SoC vendor. They've told us that 3D MVC is no longer maintained, but have agreed to ticket the issue internally and investigate the macroblocking issue in the near future. The fact that 3D MVC is no longer maintained means that the kernel driver for MVC is no longer being developed: it still uses ring buffers instead of KFIFOs for example. But this shouldn't be an issue as we have already resolved all of the issues that we can with the driver and only need to rely on AML to provide us with an updated microcode that doesn't exhibit macroblocking on a small number of titles.

Our 4.9 public build will be ready soon and will feature 3D Frame Packed output which should work fluidly for almost all titles.

Cheers

Sam

Messages In This Thread
Himedia Q5 Pro - by wild nine - 2016-07-16, 01:15
Kodi coming to Xbox One - by woodpost - 2017-02-09, 01:00
RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - by Sam.Nazarko - 2020-02-25, 17:04
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17