Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2020-11-25, 23:17)hdmkv Wrote: Passive vs. active are display options, and the source player shouldn't matter. The most "new" players would be Vero 4K+ for solid 4K & full 3D, or the new Zidoo Z9X or variant. For display, if you're considering an 85" TV, think you may as well go bigger with a projector. The BenQ & Optoma DLP PJ's are very good for 3D, and do a decent job with 4K as well.
You are Correct. 
I have not upgraded to 4K and am still using contently 1080p Passive 47inch LG 3D with a 7.1 ( non Atmos ) AVR and Windows 18.9 Kodi + PDVD external player for framepacked ISO's. This has been rock solid for menus etc etc everything so never had the need to install the MVC build . ( Now I will give it a go )
I have been planning to upgrade to 4K HDR Content ( HDR 10/DV + Atmos ).  & started reading up regards hardware  and  found out that windows & a powerful HTPC  will forever be not capable of 4K HDR ( streamed content ) & currently even incapable to playing local DV MKV content. There is hope though with all recent ffmpeg work but still will be waiting for a patched build as per team-Kodi  stating that it isn't possible for K19 release.
Plus 3D had taken its last breath 2-3 year ago... new content not coming in  and no new TV in 3D. I am a fan of passive 3D and there are VERY limited Passive 3D 4K  projectors & these are only true & not Native 4K and again very limited HDR capabilities.
Can I dare make a suggestion as we have  brazen1's Thread + Wrxtasy's state of 4K thread "hdmkv's Media Player thread focusing on mostly players & software But there isn't a Thread which can guide a person looking into delving into 3D regards Display options.
I unfortunately have limited ( only 1 LG really Old 3DTV ) resources otherwise I would have loved to compile a display hardware thread.
If wrxtasy/hdmkv/brazen1   ( the HOLY TRINITY OF 3D + KODI THAT I KNOW OF ) OR  ANYONE wishes to give it a go ( creating this thread ) I can give them my full support in whichever way possible / Discuss /Chat with them regards my quest for the best 4K HDR 3D (Passive ) PJ !!! Blush

Messages In This Thread
Himedia Q5 Pro - by wild nine - 2016-07-16, 01:15
Kodi coming to Xbox One - by woodpost - 2017-02-09, 01:00
RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - by shaktoo - 2020-11-29, 17:34
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17