Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2021-01-09, 17:04)Sinisan Wrote:
(2021-01-03, 13:24)DoctorWhiskers Wrote: Hello. I've been trying for years now to enable playback of 3d video content on my passive 4k 3d tv. When I built my setup I learned after a while that the AMD 2200G I had, couldn't properly switch my tv to 3d and that the graphics of an Nvidia card might be more helpful. At least I could throw side by side content on and manually tell the tv to go into side by side 3d but it's just not quite as good as directly on the disc.

I recently threw my Geforce 1070 in to test if I could do it with that, installed the 3d fix manager and the last 3d enabled driver and 3d vision. This has allowed me to switch my TV to 3d in windows. Everything on the graphics cards end seems to work with Nvidia photo viewer even viewing images in 3d However, I still can't playback video files in 3d. Every player I use throw side by side or top and buttom content, even nvidias own video player and what I assume I need to playback, is frame-packed? Is there a hardware problem here with my ryzen cpu as well ? or should the video card be able to do it ? is it a software issue ? I realize it might fall a bit outside the scope of the thread as it doesn't pertain directly to kodi alone, but I'm still hoping to get some help from people who are obviously well versed in getting 3d up and running.

Hoping for some assistance. I've also been looking at getting a nas and wondering if that would fare better. I've specifically been looking at the QNAP TS-653D.

Thanks in advance !

Hello @DoctorWhiskers,

thank you for your reply. I can't find any information about the fact the Shield (Pro or not) could read 3D MVC from MKV or ISO ? And, most of all, with the "current" firmware ? I don't want to be fooled anymore with "yes" answer but in the beta release, that you can't use because if you have problem the first thing people say is "please put the current firmware".

Thank you for your help.

I don't believe the nVidia Shield TV in any version supports either 3D MVC decode or frame packed output.

Messages In This Thread
Himedia Q5 Pro - by wild nine - 2016-07-16, 01:15
Kodi coming to Xbox One - by woodpost - 2017-02-09, 01:00
RE: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - by noggin - 2021-01-09, 17:08
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17