• 275(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
The AMLogic S905D-based Vero 4K+ plays MVC 3D content and outputs it frame-packed I believe - but not sure if it handles ISOs.  I haven't had a 3D TV for 4 years now so sadly can't test.
(2022-11-08, 19:50)noggin Wrote: The AMLogic S905D-based Vero 4K+ plays MVC 3D content and outputs it frame-packed I believe - but not sure if it handles ISOs.  I haven't had a 3D TV for 4 years now so sadly can't test.
ISO is officially supported.
But seeking can be a little slow because of how 3D MVC ISOs are packaged
(2022-11-08, 19:57)Sam.Nazarko Wrote:
(2022-11-08, 19:50)noggin Wrote: The AMLogic S905D-based Vero 4K+ plays MVC 3D content and outputs it frame-packed I believe - but not sure if it handles ISOs.  I haven't had a 3D TV for 4 years now so sadly can't test.
ISO is officially supported.
But seeking can be a little slow because of how 3D MVC ISOs are packaged

Yes - ISTR that the same content is stored such that it seems to appear in multiple places within the disc/ISO - or am I misremembering?
(2022-11-08, 00:40)Jönke Wrote: Raspberry pi 3 plays ( played) 3d.Iso a couple of years back . Dont know the current state.

As far as I'm aware, MVC 3D hasn't worked on a Pi 2 or 3 since Kodi v19 came out.

3D ISOs are mostly handled well, but as Sam says, seeking is a problem - you can find yourself sitting there for upwards of a minute waiting for playback to start again the first time you skip forwards or backwards (though only the first time - subsequent skips in the same session are not affected).

I guess one should also mention that the Vero 4K+ has an occasional problem with 3D films which causes brief bursts of picture corruption (a bit like macro-blocking) once every few minutes. To be clear, most 3D films are not affected by this issue and play perfectly; but there are a handful of movies that are affected, and they include some quite high-profile titles like "Avatar" and "Gravity". I think the chances of this issue ever being fixed are close to zero, now - it would apparently require a microcode change that AmLogic clearly has no interest in supplying.
Hey, @hdmkv , how come Ready Player One is not included in your "3D A-list"? It really ought to be!
Yep, should be. I need to update that first post—hoping to do it by end of this week. I now have Vero 4K+ back, along with Zidoo Z9X, for 3D, but also wanted to list excellent projectors available for 3D use.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Hi, I am looking at solution on bluray iso 3d playback and I come across this megathread.
From some reading old posts around internet, it is not as straight forward it seems.

I see following options I have.

1. Burn bluray 3d iso to bluray disc and play back on ps3 with 3d projector
2. Buy one of the hardware players listed here,  however I see a newer version of Vero V release just last year November 2023. How does it compare to vero 4k , dune or zidoo?
3. Find a working software player which can deal with bd3d iso or mount as disc drive on Windows OS, which seems to be very difficult to setup with no vendor support anymore (Microsoft..NVidia etc)

I am still weighing our pro and cons, cost etc...what most people will go for thesedays?  burner+3d disc or 3d iso+dedicated 3d hardware player that supports 3d iso?
Sorry, this thread is outdated. Please see this one instead.

You can burn ISO's to discs and play them back on any Blu-ray player, including PS3. But, the better way is storing those ISO's on a USB hard drive, or better, a NAS (network attached storage or server), and using a 3D-capable media player listed in the link I shared. Which media player depends on what you need it to do.
Definitely check the newer thread but the simplest solution for me has been, for years now, rip 3D Blu-ray discs to MVC MKV with MakeMKV and store on hard drives on a network, then use the proper version Windows 10 on proper Intel base PC with best working Kodi version that supports MVC playback. Using Jellyfin to manage your library gives you tons more access and the MVC MKV play as regular 2D on non-3D setups. Lots of learning to do to get things setup great but once you get past the learning curve it's just gravy, and buying more hard drives!
  • 275(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17