Caching and pixelating issue
In Live TV (and sometimes radio) my system keeps caching. This can happen anywhere between 2 and 6 time an hour.

Is this to be expected or have I got an issue with my system (performance). Also, when it is caching the picture becomes pixelated for a couple of seconds after.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

If you need any logs to further help, please let me know which one(s) - and also how to get them.

Thanks
Hi,

if you have a live anti-virus scanner like MS Security Essentials/Windows Defender, try adding your timeshift, mediaportal logs and recordings folders to the exceptions list.
(2015-07-04, 06:04)cyrils Wrote: Hi,

if you have a live anti-virus scanner like MS Security Essentials/Windows Defender, try adding your timeshift, mediaportal logs and recordings folders to the exceptions list.

Thanks for that, it's made a big difference. It still does it now and then but it happens less than it used to.
I'm also seeing caching in live TV. What I do to get around it is pause for a few seconds after starting live TV, so there is always a bit of a buffer. However, it would be good if this could be looked at. I never had this problem with MediaPortal as the client.
Have you tried to change this setting in Kodis addon:
"Wait time after turning a channel (ms)"
Use this options to give the TVServer some time to fill the timeshift buffer before Kodi starts playing the selected channel. You can increase this value if you are experiencing frequent buffering after tuning a new channel.
Default value: 0
(2015-07-09, 11:30)sconly Wrote:

Thanks for that, it's made a big difference. It still does it now and then but it happens less than it used to.

I recall having a similar issue. What fixed it for me was enabling HPET in the BIOS and the OS. Also make sure you have the latest drivers for your tuner and try setting the tuner option to "Stop card (more compatible) in your Meidaportal TVServer if you haven't already - see this link to find the option: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIA...TV_Servers
(2015-07-04, 06:04)cyrils Wrote: I recall having a similar issue. What fixed it for me was enabling HPET in the BIOS and the OS. Also make sure you have the latest drivers for your tuner and try setting the tuner option to "Stop card (more compatible) in your Meidaportal TVServer if you haven't already - see this link to find the option: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIA...TV_Servers

I don't recall seeing HPET in the BIOS (where would it be?) - I have the latest version - or the OS (Windos 7 Pro SP1). I also have the latest drivers or my tuner (TBS 6981 Dual Tuner).

Thanks
It's different for each motherboard. It might be under Power Management or Chipset Features, something along those lines.

As I said before, this advice has helped. Thanks!

(2015-07-09, 19:14)pünktchen Wrote: Have you tried to change this setting in Kodis addon:
"Wait time after turning a channel (ms)"
Use this options to give the TVServer some time to fill the timeshift buffer before Kodi starts playing the selected channel. You can increase this value if you are experiencing frequent buffering after tuning a new channel.
Default value: 0

I've changed the value just too be on the safe side. Thanks!

(2015-07-10, 04:48)cyrils Wrote:
(2015-07-09, 11:30)sconly Wrote:

I recall having a similar issue. What fixed it for me was enabling HPET in the BIOS and the OS. Also make sure you have the latest drivers for your tuner and try setting the tuner option to "Stop card (more compatible) in your Meidaportal TVServer if you haven't already - see this link to find the option: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIA...TV_Servers

HPET and 'stop card' were already enabled/selected, But thanks, anyway.
I had this issue too. I could fix it by installing a RAMdisk software https://www.softperfect.com/products/ramdisk/
(2015-07-14, 16:57)hidalgo67 Wrote: I had this issue too. I could fix it by installing a RAMdisk software https://www.softperfect.com/products/ramdisk/

Ok. I've installed it, created a (virtual) RAM disk and added Kodi to the Applications list. Is there anything else I need to do or is that it?

Thanks
I redirected the timeshiftbuffer to the ramdisk.
(2015-07-15, 13:16)hidalgo67 Wrote: I redirected the timeshiftbuffer to the ramdisk.

How do I do that?

Thanks
You create your ramdisk and name it X:
Then you take a look here (bottom of page) and here.
Nice one. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Caching and pixelating issue0