Warning Kodi does not work on iOS 9 yet!
I think that proves my point, doesn't it? You're not interested in Apple devices so you choose not to support iOS users. I get it, you have to scratch your own itch, right?

You're point about teaching Apple enthusiasts a lesson... Well, I'm not even going there. I don't think you'd hear me way up atop that ivory tower, anyhow.

-p

(2015-09-19, 16:29)fritsch Wrote:
Quote:Perhaps if you had a newer device, you'd feel differently? I get it, OSS development is focused on the needs of the developer not the special interests of the user base.

^^ this is fully wrong ... you get a "lol" for this.

Basically I don't buy hardware that is closed by design without any public working API - I learned this lesson very hard during implementation of XVBA, which was a similar thing, besides there existed a (bad) API while those apple device were never designed to be used with non apple acked hardware.

With every new IOS release I see more and more people standing up and whining to get their expensively bought devices supported - I really don't want to get the emails memphiiz most likely receives. If we - as OSS devs - really would do something for OSS world: We should not support this kind of binary crap without public api with the full intent to break what was reengineered at all. That way apple buyers would learn their lesson or completely stay in apple land.

And as said before: this is my private opinion.
Yeah - so I sit on my ivory tower with working hardware and you sit on your ios9 ivory tower (which is even white) with broken airplay support - by the ones you bought your hardware.

So two towers - two opinions.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I think i need to clear some things up here:

1. Being able to run Kodi on iOS9 and being able to receive AirPlay content from iOS9 devices are totally unrelated to each other @fritsch. (we are talking about running kodi on ios9 here)
2. @MrMC there are alot of 32bit devices out there which are able to run iOS9 (iphone4s, ipad2 ...)
3. The minimum iOS Version we support mostly means what we build by default (so which min version is checked in into our mainline code that is built from jenkins). This only is important when people are downloading the deb files from our servers. This means it is only important when the target device is jailbroken
4. Our code base already supports building with min ios 8.0
5. As long as there is no jailbreak for iOS9 the only way to get Kodi is building it with Xcode7 and self sign it.

With 5. and 4. together we do very well support Kodi running on iOS9 already.

So @belltechdave and @txprestige as long as i maintain the iOS platform for Kodi - its my call which is the minimum ios version we support with our deb files. But you can now already apply this patch here and rebuild from scratch and deploy and run on iOS9:

https://github.com/Memphiz/xbmc/commit/e...6281743d07

Also i am not stupid - i never state in the readme what we don't support. I only state what we support. Anything that is not mentioned is to be considered unsupported. Why should i invest time to keep it up to date with what we don't support?

So and now calm down guys. Its only a couple of days that iOS9 is out - give the world of hackers some time to figure out solutions instead of bashing my compatibility decisions! (and hell yes there are ipad1 users which are really thankfull that i have choosen ios 5.1 as minimum version for isengard - which was btw done just to be able to use c++11 programming language features ...)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
humm, interesting about older devices running iOS9, I stand corrected and would like my crow served well done Smile
I was only stating that if iOS 9 doesn't work that it shouldn't be listed in the readme. If you're saying that all I need to do is replace the files you listed above then build from scratch then that's what I'll do and let you know if I'm successful. What about the the other files that were related to the codesigning? Do I need to touch those as well or am I ok without them? Knowing that I'm using my paid developer account selections in the codesigning settings in Xcode.
still need to codesign the dylibs it builds.
(2015-09-19, 22:18)MrMC Wrote: still need to codesign the dylibs it builds.

When I compile Kodi the dylibs are code signed, I even manually signed them and packaged the IPA but still no go...

It still crashes on libsmbclient.dylib
ios9 runtime support is not listed in the readme - you mix up building against ios 9 sdk maybe (which is mentioned in the readme and works - it even runs on all ios versions from 5.1 up to 8.x)

For signing with xcode7 you need to select the "generic" "iOS Developer" identity (i have altered the readme with that info a couple of days ago).

@DanTheMan you need to apply the patch i have linked above...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
would someone be so kind and post a link to the fixed deb or ipa file here.... I can sign it for my device myself with Zeusmos... to fix it myself I am not so familiar with the topic... again, just talking running it on ios9 not the airplay problem... would kindly give a few Euro for the trouble... thanks in advance... contact in English or German is fine :-)
(2015-09-20, 02:05)Columbo4Life Wrote: would someone be so kind and post a link to the fixed deb or ipa file here.... I can sign it for my device myself with Zeusmos... to fix it myself I am not so familiar with the topic... again, just talking running it on ios9 not the airplay problem... would kindly give a few Euro for the trouble... thanks in advance... contact in English or German is fine :-)

We're also not talking about AirPlay. At the moment, all of Kodi does not support iOS 9. Please do not ask for support with running Kodi on iOS 9.
what did Memphiz mean then with the fix? Did I misunderstand it?
(2015-09-20, 04:07)Columbo4Life Wrote: what did Memphiz mean then with the fix? Did I misunderstand it?

If you know how to compile then people are encouraged to look at what Memphiz has done so far, but an easy-to-install deb file or IPA is not available at this point. Even if someone else made an IPA for you, it wouldn't work on your iOS device, as it is tied to the device when it is compiled (or something like that). It's something that even I have had a hard time figuring out, because I really don't know much about xcode or how to compile things.
Zeusmos signes the ipa or deb with my certificate for my device so I can install it... was working with every nightly build of Kodi as deb on non jailbroken ipad mini ios8.4.1... works for any other app as well the only thing if I followed the comments correctly is that someone has to implement the fix that the app knows it has to work with a higher ios versio... after that the modified deb I can sign for myself... maybe someone like Memphiz who seems to be familiar can shed light on it one more time... it is a lot of people I know being eager to know... you all did such a great job with kodi that people hate to miss out on it even for a few days :-)
I'll be blunt: stop asking about it. Right now, the only people our iOS devs want to talk to are other people who know what they're doing. They are not going to spend their time at this stage making IPAs for you or anyone else.
(2015-09-20, 05:07)Ned Scott Wrote: If you know how to compile then people are encouraged to look at what Memphiz has done so far, but an easy-to-install deb file or IPA is not available at this point. Even if someone else made an IPA for you, it wouldn't work on your iOS device, as it is tied to the device when it is compiled (or something like that). It's something that even I have had a hard time figuring out, because I really don't know much about xcode or how to compile things.

Can the compile be mostly automated? Seems much preferable to having to jailbreak now that there is a choice.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Warning Kodi does not work on iOS 9 yet!0